Break-in: at what mileage did you take your new 4x4 to the desert??

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

sanbloody;9226 wrote:My FJ has just crossed 2000km...........will wait till I get 5000Km service done to get it into desert.

I need your advise on the BASIC legal changes/modifications to be done before entering the desert which will not hamper the warranty.
What about to use advanced search and find out tons of comments in the previous threads?
Last edited by Phoenix on Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: editing previous data for optimising search box results
Goodly

Dear Mohamed,

I need to whether I can use Honda Pilot 4WD for desert driving, if yes I would learn from your experts and do so.

Can you please suggest me contact person, where I can call thru before visiting almost 4x4 club/office to take a desert driving course.
Thanks,
KK Kaleeswaran
+971-502401398
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

kaleeswaran.kk@gmail.com;9251 wrote:Dear Mohamed,

I need to whether I can use Honda Pilot 4WD for desert driving, if yes I would learn from your experts and do so.

Can you please suggest me contact person, where I can call thru before visiting almost 4x4 club/office to take a desert driving course.
Thanks,
KK Kaleeswaran
+971-502401398
KK, this Forum is our office and we are not organizing desert driving courses, but desert trips for fun, where people can learn how to drive in a desert.

To answer your question, if you can use Honda Pilot for desert, you have to answer it yourself when trying. But in our club you would be the first one to show the capabilities and performance of this car. Me personally, I never saw any Honda in a desert :001:
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

sanbloody;9237 wrote:Naser, what about the skid plate??, should it be replaced with a custom made one!!
I strongly recommend to replace the skid plate with costume one because the original one reduce the front ground clearance and it's very weak and easy to get bended.
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

kaleeswaran.kk@gmail.com;9251 wrote:Dear Mohamed,

Thanks,
KK Kaleeswaran
+971-502401398
Yes you can drive your Honda in the desert. It has good power and all wheel drive system but up to certain level so you can not do serious sand driving but still you can have fun in our newbie trips. Hope to see you soon in our convoy.

[video=youtube_share;dh-aqpr_P0g][/video]
sanbloody

NaSeR;9278 wrote:I strongly recommend to replace the skid plate with costume one because the original one reduce the front ground clearance and it's very weak and easy to get bended.
Naser, Any suggestion where I get these skid plates and installed. I checked the forum for the details, there is a please known as Noble designs..... is this OK?
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

sanbloody;9281 wrote:Naser, Any suggestion where I get these skid plates and installed. I checked the forum for the details, there is a please known as Noble designs..... is this OK?
check this post might be useful

http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... Skid-Plate
Goodly

Dear All,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. This I took my Pilot to drive on Desert in Al Awir and went well, learned something better than last week.

See you in next event.

Regards,
KK
Goodly

I took my 4WD at 40000 Kms and did well in Al Awir Desert .....as Nazer told I can have fun as newbie trips and planning to replace skid plate with stronger one.

....eagerly awaiting for event from marshal.

Cheers !.
KK