Hell's Bell's

Mohanad
Crew
Crew

giorgio wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:22 am Hell's Bells :

And the Bells sounded loud and clear.

As was mentioned before, this was a high intermediate level drive, on a hot (46 degrees) weather with a flavor of a sand storm.

As @Daggerfall mentioned on his report, this drive was discussed several times on the chat with the drivers joking and teasing each other as well as the unfotunate event of the drivers that could not attend as a result of the Holly month rituals. @Abu Odai @Saeed FJ @Yassen @haider alnuaimi @Nabil your absence was noticeable I wish you were there to listen to the Hell's bells.

The drive to the meeting point from Dubai was 2 hours long witch only added to the anticipation.

I teamed up with @Issa and we drove together to the meeting point.

In the way to the and not far from the final destination the 2 Jeep's were joined by an Fj @presa struggling to keep up with us ( my report my point of view isn't Karma a Bi@#$# !!!)

Upon arrival @Agalon @SINGH and @Solmaz were already there deflated and ready to Rock & Roll.

Our organizer and lead car arrived last and the preparation (deflating and flag mounting) took place as was expected under the theme song of the subject drive.

Briefing was short and to the point. For a first time i felt that i was having a 101 safety briefing. The most important rules were for once more highlighted.
a) Be safe
b) turn down if you think you cannot make it we have all the time to do it again and again.

The order of the convoy was @Daggerfall as a lead car me as a second lead (thank you for the vote of confidence) @Issa third followed by @SINGH and @Agalon and finally @Solmaz floating.

The area was familiar to all of us but this time we get to drive it backwards against the sun.

Drive started on a smooth note giving the intermediate drivers time to warm up. The sand was hot and soft and we immediately got the notification that after the first 30 min we will have to stop for PSI check as with this temperature it will increase for sure.

Not soon after we started the level was increased as was promised ( i will increase the level as much as I see it safe) and the challenges were hitting us from left and right. As all these type of drives climbing big dunes, long steep arches, combo of side crests, sharp dissents, navigation through vegetation, side wall driving with controlled sliding, negotiation of ditches on high technical areas full of hidden V's and small tricky nasty bowls that wanted to shuck you in were in the drivers menu.

The paste was fast and we constantly had to make quick dissensions. This is one of those drives that you either know your sh#%&$ or you get in trouble.

From the composition of this small convoy you can imagine that the weakest links were the only 2 intermediates trying hard to keep up with the level of the drive but mostly keeping the Jeep reputation as a highly capable off-road vehicle, alive.

I was not planning to get into details regarding this lovely topic (Jeep's vs FJ's) but since i was provoked i will take a minute to present the below facts from the drive.

Type Jeeps Fj's
Mechanical issues 0 0
Overheating 3 0
Damaged tiers 0 2
Pop outs 0 1
Assisted recoveries 1 2
Total black point 4 5

Note: The above facts are actual events called officially on the radio and are not to be disputed. Furthermore the majority of the black points for the jeeps were accumulated as a result of 1 out of the 3 jeeps overheating, the other 2 jeeps had no issues what so ever.

Conclusion: Do not listen to rumors and false statements from from some other reports unless they are backed up and documented.

To close my report i would like to thank the organizer for the packed with adrenaline drive. Intermediates hold their ground solid and we delivered as was requested (safe fun drive) .

Thank you all for the support and company and i am looking forward to our next adventure:

PS: Guys don't worry that you lost this one there will be more opportunities in the future to loose again.

Till next time drive safe
you count damaged tires and pop outs as black points ? man you are so desperate hahahahaha
If you Hesitate, Accelerate !
Saeed FJ
Advance
Advance

As was mentioned before, this was a high intermediate level drive, on a hot (46 degrees) weather with a flavor of a sand storm.

As @Daggerfall mentioned on his report, this drive was discussed several times on the chat with the drivers joking and teasing each other as well as the unfotunate event of the drivers that could not attend as a result of the Holly month rituals. @Abu Odai @Saeed FJ @Yassen @haider alnuaimi @Nabil your absence was noticeable I wish you were there to listen to the Hell's bells.

The drive to the meeting point from Dubai was 2 hours long witch only added to the anticipation.

In the way to the and not far from the final destination the 2 Jeep's were joined by an Fj @presa struggling to keep up with us ( my report my point of view isn't Karma a Bi@#$# !!!)

Upon arrival @Agalon @SINGH and @Solmaz were already there deflated and ready to Rock & Roll.

Our organizer and lead car arrived last and the preparation (deflating and flag mounting) took place as was expected under the theme song of the subject drive.

Briefing was short and to the point. For a first time i felt that i was having a 101 safety briefing. The most important rules were for once more highlighted.
a) Be safe
b) turn down if you think you cannot make it we have all the time to do it again and again.

The order of the convoy was @Daggerfall as a lead car me as a second lead (thank you for the vote of confidence) @Issa third followed by @SINGH and @Agalon and finally @Solmaz floating.

The area was familiar to all of us but this time we get to drive it backwards against the sun.

Drive started on a smooth note giving the intermediate drivers time to warm up. The sand was hot and soft and we immediately got the notification that after the first 30 min we will have to stop for PSI check as with this temperature it will increase for sure.

Not soon after we started the level was increased as was promised ( i will increase the level as much as I see it safe) and the challenges were hitting us from left and right. As all these type of drives climbing big dunes, long steep arches, combo of side crests, sharp dissents, navigation through vegetation, side wall driving with controlled sliding, negotiation of ditches on high technical areas full of hidden V's and small tricky nasty bowls that wanted to shuck you in were in the drivers menu.

The paste was fast and we constantly had to make quick dissensions. This is one of those drives that you either know your sh#%&$ or you get in trouble.

From the composition of this small convoy you can imagine that the weakest links were the only 2 intermediates trying hard to keep up with the level of the drive but mostly keeping the Jeep reputation as a highly capable off-road vehicle, alive.

I was not planning to get into details regarding this lovely topic (Jeep's vs FJ's) but since i was provoked i will take a minute to present the below facts from the drive.

Type Jeeps Fj's
Mechanical issues 0 0
Overheating 3 0
Damaged tiers 0 2
Pop outs 0 1
Assisted recoveries 1 2
Total black point 4 5

Note: The above facts are actual events called officially on the radio and are not to be disputed. Furthermore the majority of the black points for the jeeps were accumulated as a result of 1 out of the 3 jeeps overheating, the other 2 jeeps had no issues what so ever.

Conclusion: Do not listen to rumors and false statements from from some other reports unless they are backed up and documented.

To close my report i would like to thank the organizer for the packed with adrenaline drive. Intermediates hold their ground solid and we delivered as was requested (safe fun drive) .

Thank you all for the support and company and i am looking forward to our next adventure:

PS: Guys don't worry that you lost this one there will be more opportunities in the future to loose again.

it seems that I miss a lot of fun,
hope our marshall will treat us soon after Ramadan in the same area
it's good that you all enjoy it
Abu Madi
yellow FJ (Bumblebee)
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Jokes apart all cars did great and the limit was the driver's skill to keep a constant high level driving, as [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] was giving to all of us!!

It was a privilege to be part of this drive and is such a great moment with Almost family!!!

Now I am waiting for more videos!!!
Loca
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hell's Bells,

this was just another drive ... maybe for you but not for me wtfsmilie

I couldn't miss it and my first thought goes to my Bro [mention]presa[/mention] who gave me the opportunity to be there with him in the passenger seat. Thank you buddy in love

Everything started from the Friday Funday 2 drive which I attended in the morning. When FF2 was over, [mention]JockJKU[/mention] , [mention]Solmaz[/mention] , [mention]Agalon[/mention] and me left Sweihan and headed to HB meeting point. Tension was in the air and stomachs closed: I realized that when we skipped the lunch and reached drive start spot 1.5hrs ahead of schedule yuush

Sand was burning likewise the temperature of the air, no doubt we were in the Hell .. although the landscape was more kind of heaven you're kidding, right

We spent some time in the burning air trying to remediate on Leon which was showing sickness since FF2 in the morning. Power cuts and check engine light popping out every few minutes unfortunately resulted in [mention]JockJKU[/mention] who had to quit before the start of the fun. I felt very sad for him as I still remember the frustration I had a couple of weeks back when I had to quit a drive. And this was (not) just another drive OSMILEY

The other brave hearts, reached the meeting point and when [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] also arrived quick briefing and ready to go. I can't forget what [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] said: this is just another drive, drive safe and enjoy. I'll deal with the risk and the challenges at the front .. it was amazing slow

There was a construction safety helmet in [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] car and .. I thought it was the best equipment for the day. Kidding, I put it back in the car and I took [mention]presa[/mention] passenger seat. I told myself, now silence, focus and learning mode full speed on. I talk a lot, particularly when I'm excited, therefore I forced myself to silence as I wanted Danilo to keep full focus on the drive. No space for distractions when dealing with such HUGE dunes. Net is that he spoke a lot and gave me plenty of explanations and advises thumbsup

Dear Almosters, I trust you went through the other posts so I'm not going to spend time on the drive. Posts have been very passionate and full of details so you know pretty much everything that can be put in writing. The emotions I'm still carrying inside cannot be put on the paper pacman

Then, I'll give you my impressions about the drivers in the same order of the convoy:

[mention]Daggerfall[/mention] - he does not belong to human kind: how did he manage to draw such smooth and amazing lines up and down huge dunes like that cannot be explained. At least I can't, sorry. Outstanding driving skills and no hesitation. Just a small and very soft kiss to a plant grin

[mention]giorgio[/mention] - he does not fear anything. He walks what he talks. I was impressed he was always on the top lines and his car (oops. Jeep) did show great set-up and power.

[mention]Issa[/mention] - BIG respect as he was fasting and I saw him struggling with the temperature: temperature of the air that was burning and he was not drinking. Temperature of his car that every once a while was overheating. He did the full drive with no AC to save his engine from the extra load. He drove above all these challenges and deserved full respect from all of us

[mention]SINGH[/mention] - first time I see him in such a challenging drive and his style is a beauty. Everything he does is smooth and seems simple. He rarely makes a mistakes or 2nd tries

[mention]presa[/mention] - he's the one I know better. I always admired his soft and safe drive style. This time I could see him driving on higher limits and I was impressed about his skills. His Extreme has stock suspensions and tires set-up is not the best option however he kept the pace and found the best lines to pull all the performances from his car. He's also a great team player. Always there to help during pop outs and rescues. Believe me temperature of the air was cutting everybody's throat

[mention]Agalon[/mention] - he's the only one who drives a short wheels base Wrangler as a long wheels base Wrangler. His car is always stable and only rarely suffers from overheating that means he's not stressing too much his engine. His drive is natural

[mention]Solmaz[/mention] - she is my reference point for drive smoothness. After HB I can tell you she has both Dr.Jekyll and Mr (Mrs ..) Hyde personalities. She danced on the dunes with same grace of Carla Fracci and all of a sudden I saw her in a 200 mtrs long cresting on a 200 mtrs tall dune at the speed of a rocket wtfsmilie

After such an experience I wish to be protagonist in the action soon. Plan to set-up the right weapon is going to start soon grin

I had left home at 6.15am, I headed back at 10pm and It was such an amazing day. After that it's gonna be hard to stay far from you guys and from the sand for a full week now
Gianluca (aka Loca)
Black/White FJ (aka La Ciccina)
Mobile 0561776322
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Mohanad wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:26 pm

a) Be safe

Type Jeeps Fj's
Mechanical issues 0 0
Overheating 3 0
Damaged tiers 0 2
Pop outs 0 1
Assisted recoveries 1 2
Total black point 4 5

you count damaged tires and pop outs as black points ? man you are so desperate hahahahaha
when the subject matter is interruptions to a smooth flow of the drive then it is only fair to count all issues that prevent the latter.
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep