New Club Members

dLemma
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi all,
another great drive with almost4x4!

We met at 7:00 in Al Malaiha area at an ADNOC station, and marshalls checked equipment of the club members.
Around 7:30 we moved to the deflation point about 11km down the road toward Sharjah.

At the deflation point we received the briefing from @Bu Salem, supported by the other marshals. As usual well done, clear and concise recommendations and we had the chance during the trip to field test some does and don'ts.

Since we were many cars (30+), we split in 2 convoys, one led by [MENTION=1657]Rashidjass[/MENTION] and one by @Bu Salem.

I was in the convoy led by @Bu Salem, myself being the second lead (thanks for the trust), with [MENTION=10405]Adam[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9008]orlantsev[/MENTION] being in the rescue team and [MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION] being the sweeper.

We had quite an assortment of cars, ranging from FJs and Wranglers to Pajeros and Sorentos, to Grand Cherookes, Raptor and Tahoe and many others.
We soon realized that not all the plastics of some cars were needed: dunes helped to remove/re-shape some bumpers of the most civilized cars.

We didn't have any pop-out, but we had some second attempts and a couple of self recoveries.
One car (@Dave.10 Grand Cherooke) had to further deflate tires as the air pressure was still to high and it was experiencing issues in getting traction.

Unfortunately the same car got dug in a bowls before a sharp dune and we had to use Bu Salem winch and skills to be able to tow out the car. No damage to the car except for the lower part of the front bumper that finished the trip in the trunk of the car :)
It was great seeing everybody helping in the recovery, and you realize in such situations why it is so great to have a team such as almost4x4: you are never left alone, but you don't get just help: you get the most experienced help you could ask for.

I think all members learned why it's important to have the proper equipment, and I'm sure no-one will ever ask why recovery points are needed :)

We finished the trip around 11:45 not far away from the same point were we started.
Thanks for the great day and see you soon in the sand!!
mahesh_bmj
Intermediate
Intermediate

Grate drive today. thank you so much for organizing the event and help you all provided throughout the drive. This was a grate learning experience.

cant wait to join the next drive.
Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

Nice write up [MENTION=10663]dlemma[/MENTION]. Yes...rear recovery points are really important. That was highlighted.

Some basic information.

Club member drive 8 April
Total distance: 16.98 km (10.5 mi)
Total time: 2:58:02
Moving time: 1:40:37
Average speed: 5.72 km/h (3.6 mi/h)
Average moving speed: 10.12 km/h (6.3 mi/h)
Max speed: 88.02 km/h (54.7 mi/h)
Average pace: 10:29 min/km (16:53 min/mi)
Average moving pace: 5:56 min/km (9:32 min/mi)
Fastest pace: 0:41 min/km (1:06 min/mi)
Max elevation: 168 m (550 ft)
Min elevation: 94 m (309 ft)
Elevation gain: 288 m (944 ft)
Max grade: 10 %
Min grade: -16 %
Recorded: 08/04/2016 09:12
hamzahng
Crew
Crew

I think [MENTION=10663]dlemma[/MENTION] has summed up the trip briefly, atleast from [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] convoy. I was also with alshamsi's convoy and I have to say it was a very nice drive. lots of new faces on the trip, technical drops and nice ones. I think as dlemma mentioned, no one will ask why do we need 4 towing points.

Ammi [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION], Ammi @abujimmy, I was impressed with the rescue techniques, and it is comforting to know that you are between the hands of such experienced people. [MENTION=9008]orlantsev[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10405]Adam[/MENTION] also did great job in the rescue team.

thanks to all the marshals and founders for their continuous support and teachings. thanks to all the participants for joining the trip.
hamzahng
Crew
Crew

See You all soon in the sand.
Soorena

Some photos of yesterdays drive:

osman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi,

Thanks for everyone in my first trip. I am very much impressed with the attention and professionalism from the organizers & marshals. It was not "follow me and remember the brief" approach. Thanks for managing all tricky paths with special attention.

Looking forward for the next trip.

ps: for the ones still not bought the radio yet and wanting to buy one, you may find my post on Walkie Talkie thread helpful.

osman
Warning: Sand is addictive... and also the sea salt.
praveen_m

[quote=osman;46497]Hi,

Thanks for everyone in my first trip. I am very much impressed with the attention and professionalism from the organizers & marshals. It was not "follow me and remember the brief" approach. Thanks for managing all tricky paths with special attention.

Looking forward for the next trip.

ps: for the ones still not bought the radio yet and wanting to buy one, you may find my post on Walkie Talkie thread helpful.

osman[/quote]

Hi Everyone, Thanks for the amazing drive on 8th April for new club members. It was an amazing learning experience. Rashid was a wonderful leader and so were all the other marshals and Iskander for taking care of all of us. It was a very good experience. Not sure if anyone has pictures of the 2nd convoy if anyone does please post. I am just waiting for the next drive.

Praveen
Shahs
Advance
Advance

Hi,

Totally agree with all... it was great fun and learning. First thing that is permanently recorded in my memory is what [MENTION=1657]Rashidjass[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] told 'its not the vehicle but the driver'. At the first drop I was skeptical and for a moment thought why did i come, second one left me wanting more.. i was like when is the next one coming. Thanks to the experts who were helping us. I am sure there is lot more fun and learning awaiting in all the forthcoming trips, and i dont what to miss any.

Thanks again for taking us through the first step... hope we will carry on the journey well.