Newbie All In V.4

Youssef.Abdelhady
Advance
Advance

Haha yea thats me, Thanks! [MENTION=8472]Dave[/MENTION]
[quote=Dave;46236][URL="http://[IMG]http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah301/Davidmhoran/image_zpsn0z5qbyo.jpeg[/IMG]"]http://[/URL][IMG]http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah301/Davidmhoran/image_zpsn0z5qbyo.jpeg[/IMG][/quote]
Good Things Come To Those Who Floor It. redbullsmiley
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

It was not a newbie convoy but a mega trip in a usual Almost way; good organized, well leaded and passionately supported.

I would like to thank [MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION] for organizing this relaxing trip for the weekend, [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION] for the lead, all support team for ensuring the convoy is on track and all drivers who made it a great convoy.

See you on the sand at the earliest.

Barish
saad

Another well organized trip by Almost4x4. We started from Falaj al Moalla area in a huge convoy. The first half of the trip was fast and relatively easier on a different terrain with lots of trees. The whole convoy maintained an impressive pace and we got a good practice of maintaining proper distance between cars and maintaining proper speed.

We then crossed a main road via underpass and entered in the second half of the trip which was near fossil rock area. The drive got immensely interesting. We climbed medium to tall dunes and we got a lot of practice. We got a chance improve our skills on a variety of dune types. We crossed few bowls. I was at the front part of convoy, we did'nt have any issues there but the convoy was a bit slower in the second half as there were some stucks. All in all, it was a great trip with focus on convoy driving and this is what we exactly practiced in both types of terrains.
wasimb2
Intermediate
Intermediate

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2897[/ATTACH]Nice weekend drive from umm al quwain to fossil rock
we pass different type of desert geography
thanks almost 4x4 for a good organizing such a big convoy
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

What a drive it was for Newbies. After the briefing from [MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION], We started from Falaj Al Mualla, UAQ. There were more than 30 cars If I'm not wrong. A VIP convoy for Newbies, felt like driving in a protected convoy. An advance or an intermediate driver between every 3 Newbies. No words to thank them. Anyway we passed through low dunes, forests, farms and came to ADNOC at Maliha, finishing the first phase of the drive. everybody drove well and came to Fossil Rock in time.

Then the second phase, thrilling, some technical dunes, challenging drive. Everybody did well I believe. But there are some mistakes I saw from some members, mainly not keeping adequate distance between cars, led to some second tries. And when a car gets stuck, car immediately behind it should stop and so the others, eventually the whole convoy, so that it will be easy for Marshals and other rescue vehicles to go through or around to help. but I saw a few times that everybody drove on to the same dune and make it congested, mainly to see the recovery, but it can make the situation worse, so better follow the convoy rules. Well, we all learn something everyday, this one can go on the top.

Anyway we drove almost to the Al Faya road and head back to ADNOC at Maliha and finished the drive. Thank you all the Founders, Marshals, Advance and Intermediate drivers for this mega convoy drive, showed we are the best off road club in UAE.

Some pictures: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 0ee0fb3277

See you all in the sand again !!!
R.B
awais_300
Intermediate
Intermediate

After the briefing from @Abu Jimmy, We started from Falaj Al Mualla, UAQ. There were more than 30 cars and i was with my japanese friend who first time came in desrt and was excited and shocked to see soo many cars in the desert and he enjoyed alot as well as affraid .
The drive is very good , different dunes came and as it is the right drive to learn and gain experience . As before following all the rules of the drvie in desert we finsih the drive safefully at 12.30 and hope we will get more drives in future.

Specially thanks to Marshals and all rescue team who help us always when we r in problem.

Thanks
Awais
s_rehanali

This is My 3rd trip with Almost4x4 and i enjoyed a lot, I am dividing this trip in two parts, in 1st part its easy and fast going with less dunes but in 2nd part its more adventurous with lots of small and medium dunes and I get tire POP out as well but our rescue team done it in minutes and thank you so much for this kind act
Overall its a very good experience and now waiting for other fantastic trip
Mohanad
Crew
Crew

Hello every body ... yes it's me :D the guy with the black F 150 who caused at least 20 minutes delay on our beautiful convoy :P
being a finance guy I always feel more comfortable to write what ever I want to say in points :

* I want to thank Bu Salem who helped me in my both stucks and acted like a real leader by analyzing the problem, suggesting the solution, motivating the member and taking actions. he helped me to understand my car in a better way.

* since I'm new to off roading, I'm trying to create synergy between me, my car and the desert... every drive I get to know my car and desert better.

* I'm totally supporting Iskander suggestion that when a car is stuck, others should refrain from using the walkie talkies ... I got distracted once and I followed an instruction which was meant for someone else.

* I loved the long fast drives on the flat land, it was breath taking and enjoyable. I would love to do it again and again !

* I said it before and I will keep saying it, driving with experts makes me feel comfortable in the worst driving situations.

* when I got stuck for the second time, I was impressed with the way Bu Salem towed my truck. this was the only time I felt that my car is a feather weight hahaha.

* I have a suggestion: since I was driving in the back, I couldn't hear Khatib clearly and sometimes couldn't hear him at all. I think if the marshals who are driving in the middle of the convoy can repeat the leader's message it would be very useful.

thank you all for the nice company ... hope to see you soon in the next drives.

Mohanad

N.B. I'm thinking of changing my nickname to STUCK LoOooL
If you Hesitate, Accelerate !
dLemma
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Mohanad;46288]Hello every body ... yes it's me :D the guy with the black F 150 who caused at least 20 minutes delay on our beautiful convoy :P[/quote]
Hi [MENTION=11175]Mohanad[/MENTION], the reason for practicing is to learn. And the best way to learn is from your own mistakes. Nobody was born as chief marshall ;)

[quote=Mohanad;46288]* I'm totally supporting Iskander suggestion that when a car is stuck, others should refrain from using the walkie talkies ... I got distracted once and I followed an instruction which was meant for someone else.[/quote]
I fully agree.

[quote=Mohanad;46288]* I have a suggestion: since I was driving in the back, I couldn't hear Khatib clearly and sometimes couldn't hear him at all. I think if the marshals who are driving in the middle of the convoy can repeat the leader's message it would be very useful.
[/quote]
I agree. We were a long convoy and it was fine when driving on flat land. But when driving across the dunes, sometimes even in the middle of the convoy it was not possible to hear the radio properly.
Arabasque

Sorry for the delay in posting this trip report.

Most of the points have been covered already so I would just like to highlight how lucky we are all of us to belong to the Almost4x4 Family.

This trip was a showcase of great organization capabilities of the Founders & Marshals with the great assistance of the Advanced and Intermediate drivers. Despite the big number of cars, all went smooth and safety in the top of the agenda as always.

Thanks to All and see you soon!!!

Iñigo AKA Arabasque

PD: [MENTION=8472]Dave[/MENTION] great pictures