10+ & Proud

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

Last Friday was another nice weekend. We had unusual track that you drive with the club every weekend. We started with FAST track to test the distance keeping. Secondly, SAFARI style to test the car handling & Radio communication . Thirdly, ACT under pressure where I drove to a tricky area and started watching how each member would react. Finally, The big drop at the Fossil Rock and finishing in Tayba Station.

By now I'm sure who joined this drive would realize their strength and weakness and would start working on them. Till next weekend , drive safely & keep the sand flying.

Thanks [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] & [MENTION=1657]Rashidjass[/MENTION] for the continues support

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
BAT
Intermediate
Intermediate

10+ & Proud drive targeted the drivers abilities, development, progress and weakness
I believe that it achieved all these targets
Meeting on time no delay, nice morning, nice weather, short brief: the drive will be fast in the first part and technical in the second part, then we started
I had the pleasure to be the second lead behind Bu Salem (as I mentioned in my last week report it's a real joy to drive behind Bu Salem, but of course to be 100% focus)
McCloud acts like a wild little pony who sat free to run in the open desert at an average of 80 km/h, the first part was like a desert rally
No major issues except the distance keeping which reached some times to over 300 m between cars + poor communication
I had one time self recovery from the top of a medium size dune under @Yoghybear's instruction due to the poor grip of my FJ tires which I have to change soon
Second part was a Safari style less speed and more technical medium and semi large dunes climbing to come back to the feeling of the huge swing -so good-
Another self recovery under @Yoghybear's instruction and using the diff lock for the first time, then I had a short explanation about the mechanical function of the diff lock and the difference between the LSDL and the DL from @Yoghybear (thank you so much @Yoghybear, it's not only the drive but also the education side)
After the tricky act under pressure we had a comments session about drivers behaviors what went right and what went wrong ... even dangerous (losses: PRADO side step, gain: lots of experience)
The drop from fossil rock was fine, then drove out of the sands to be at Tayba station at 10:40 AM perfect timing
We learned a lot from this drive, most of us would expect the stress and the fun we'll have in the coming 10+ drives
Thank you everyone
Thank you @Bu Salem, Thank you @Yoghybear, Thank you @Rashidjass and thank you @Zoro for making this drive safe and enjoyable
See you all in the sands soon