Wonderful Sand

elena

Hi almosters! :038:

It has been a while since I have posted my last trip report.. That’s why with a big pleasure I am opening this thread. Unfortunately I don’t have many chances to attend club drives regularly due to work, that’s why I almost “jumped to the ceiling”, when on Sunday morning I saw [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] has posted a trip for -10. Very unexpected, as it is Ramadan.. And I said “wow! Luck! I am off on that day” and immediately registered my name, not even looking at early meeting time. 6.00 AM. 05.45 – meeting time. And, yes, it’s Swiss time! We have to come minute in minute!

But I have to say – nothing better than early morning.

Temperature jumped up only up to the end of the event. So all the way I was enjoying more or less a cool breeze from my window, as I do not use AC in the desert.

Drive was really enjoyable! Thanks [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] one more time! I think our convoy could remind a snake, if someone was filming it from the air, as we all were following the marshal going left and right, crossing different types of dunes. Most of the times – hard grounds, but soft sand could catch us, “newbies”, quite few times. And here a special thanks to senior guardians (@Zorro, [MENTION=1716]salhinai[/MENTION], [MENTION=3389]SINGH[/MENTION]), who immediately were there when “situations” were reported.

As always friendly chit-chat for a break. This time forthcoming Salalah trip was on the agenda. alshamsi_m was “attacked” not only by inquiries of geographical aspects of this beautiful Omani region, but also with a question of his T-shirt size:rolleyes::hopelessness:!!!!

Time was awesome and spent really wonderful due to the sand, all participants and organizers!

Cheers everybody!

elena
Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

I would like to echo Elenas sentiments and say that it was a really nice drive and a great opportunity to experience another club.

Thanks again to all for the warm welcome.

See you guys out there on the sand soon.

Adam
yboi
Intermediate
Intermediate

Got up at 4:42, quick cup of coffee and a 44min drive later we were at the meeting point at 5:47 - I'm trying to be as precise as I can (I only own one Swiss watch, but that’s special occasions only), because, as most of you know by now, timing is very important on a trip led by [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION]. Especially after we learned that he and [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] were on another night trip that ended just hours before and still were on time. I really think this deserves huge amount of respect. So the moral here is NEVER EVER be late to a Yoghybear trip (and, out of respect, to any other trip for that matter)
The trip was through a familiar area, from Badayer to Pink rock and back. Some second tries, a stuck here and there, most were self-recoverable with marshal advice and guidance. But everyone has done well IMO and the trip was quite interesting for a -10. Thanks to [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] and everyone supporting him during the trip.
I’ve taken some photos when I could. Being in a pickup and therefore in the customary last position, almost all of the photos are of the backs of other cars though:have a nice day:: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 8e4b76f235