Running Flat fenders instead of lifting?

Oggy

Hi Guys,

I have recently fitted 33" tyres on my JK, the feel and look is great. However the tyres rub on the top of the arches at the rear under severe travel. ie bottoming on a fast run on a dune climb.

I know the stock answer would be to lift the car. However I'm trying to avoid raising the Centre of gravity.

The option I'm considering is using flat fenders, I'm hoping this will give me enough clearance to take the hits without rubbing, does anyone have any experience with this?

Regards,

Oggy
Bomolin
Intermediate
Intermediate

If you are looking for the look, go for flat fenders, if you are looking for performance and save some bucks as soon or later you will do it, go for a standard 2,5" lift kit which does not increase center of gravity that much.

Im currently running 15 on 33" with 2,5" lift kit and Bushwacker flat fenders, which makes the car looks much bigger that what actually is.

However, the best of the suggestions is to run as longer as you can with the min. of mods, as soon as you start you will never end...:TT TT:
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Sorry to tell you that 33" tires will keep on rubbing without lift , even if you change the fender flares to flat style .
What goes around , comes around .
Oggy

Cheers Guys.
Dave
Advance
Advance

I think Bomolin is right, once you start the mods you'll never stop! Waiting on a future post on how to fit 37's to your Jeep........!! But hopefully with a lift!!
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

37" tires = regear