Mastercraft Tires

FSL

Sarookh;25401 wrote:Ok, soon i will change my tires and am already decided on the brand "Mastercraft - Courser AXT" Now i need to see some opinion about the following, I will fit the front with 285/70R17 (Current Size) and the back will be fitted with 315/70R17 (upgrade Size) so technically speaking what do you guys think???
I'm sure you're aware of the fact that these two tire sizes are different in width as well as height.
Performance cars tend to use this kind of setup with a bigger tires at the rear to give better traction and front tires a bit thinner to give more steering response.

But for a 4x4 vehicle, as far as I've read it's not recommended (although it might work if you drive only on road in 2WD)
So it basically qualifies for SHOW OFF purposes only :011:

But if you have to go with a setup like this, try to get sizes which are almost equal in height / diameter. Like you can go for 285/75R17 and 315/70R17
(But still I personally don't see a good reason of doing so)
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

FSL;25408 wrote: But if you have to go with a setup like this, try to get sizes which are almost equal in height / diameter. Like you can go for 285/75R17 and 315/70R17
(But still I personally don't see a good reason of doing so)
Faisal , you are right as this is well known modification in RWD sports cars , but this is only applicable and useful on the variant width rims set . ( the rear rims are usually wider than the front ones by 1.5" to 2.0 " ) and different tyres sizes are used to compensate the diffrence in the rim width . if the whole set is of a unified width size , then Sarookh tyre sizes are correct . never the less i dont think he will gain a noticed difference in performance off road .
What goes around , comes around .
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

Thank you all for the valuable feedback, the ideal for me is to upgrade all four tires but unfortunately if i go 315 in the front i will face some rubbing issue that will lead to trimming exc ....... and that's why i was thinking to stay on 285 for the front. I wanted to go bigger to gain further traction and of course better offroading capability. A friend of mine told me to go for 305/70 R17 but when asked about this size in the market i could not find it...so if anyone came across this size do let me know. Thanks again fellas, Appreciate it
FSL

Sarookh;25432 wrote:Thank you all for the valuable feedback, the ideal for me is to upgrade all four tires but unfortunately if i go 315 in the front i will face some rubbing issue that will lead to trimming exc ....... and that's why i was thinking to stay on 285 for the front. I wanted to go bigger to gain further traction and of course better offroading capability. A friend of mine told me to go for 305/70 R17 but when asked about this size in the market i could not find it...so if anyone came across this size do let me know. Thanks again fellas, Appreciate it
The traction can be achieved by lowering the air pressure in tires (Which we already do), but if upgrading to bigger/wider tires keep in mind the variable of loss in power.
So it's a tricky bit...

Ideal solution will be to get 15/16 size wheels and then go for 33x12.50R15. You will get 318mm tire width with this setup
(But this for sure requires a hassle of selling and buying new wheels along with tires
, not sure about sidewall rubbing for your tundra also)