Pathfinder 2003 All Mode 4wd vs normal shift

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

By accident I found the report on Pathfinder, what you're talking about. It's called Chinook, just for Canadian market, where the difference is only 4WD Dial Switch, and the report is here -

http://www.auto123.com/en/car-reviews/n ... 23480&pg=1
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

caprihorse;25124 wrote:By accident I found the report on Pathfinder, what you're talking about. It's called Chinook, just for Canadian market, where the difference is only 4WD Dial Switch, and the report is here -

http://www.auto123.com/en/car-reviews/n ... 23480&pg=1
It is nice and useful report...thank you...hopefully I can find good and clean one soon :051:
Maddie

Bu-Shahid;25125 wrote:It is nice and useful report...thank you...hopefully I can find good and clean one soon :051:
Bu Shahid,

The trailblazer is quite capapble offroad, think about lifting it with BF/oodrich tires on the same rims.
Its very powerful engine is amazing with a correct mix of suspension and tyres
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

MaddieTJ;25126 wrote:Bu Shahid,

The trailblazer is quite capapble offroad, think about lifting it with BF/oodrich tires on the same rims.
------------------------------
ee, ask Bu Shahid why not...:032: "Lifting is not a magic word to success in a desert, but a way to disaster"... hmmm... I think I should add this statement to my signature on this Forum :008:
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Bu Shahid,

ee, ask Bu Shahid why not...:032: "Lifting is not a magic word to success in a desert, but a way to disaster"... hmmm... I think I should add this statement to my signature on this Forum :008:
Maddie, thank you for your advise, I have been driving the trailblazer for 5 years and to far extend I know its capability; it is powerful car and very great for road and long drive i drive it for 3750 km within 48 h in summer with no problem and in very comfort situation
but when it comes to offroading which I tried it with Almost 4x4 and others it has some limitation, not because of its power or engine but it is about its ground clearance (specially the main two steel chassis supports) and the low front pumper (including the AC and engine radiators behind it) which will be damaged easily with any mid level offroading trip in addition to it weight (which I can come over it by lowering the tires PSI but the same has more bad effect on the first two points (clearance and low pumper)) adding to that the weak fixation of the towing points (do not worry Capri I am getting proper rear towing point as well enhance the remaining front one hehehe)
As for the modifications, where I agree with Capri; honestly i am not interested in any modification neither for my Trailblazer nor for my planned new car (either the Pathfinder or the FJ), maybe a skid plat, a decent suspension or desert light but for sure not lifting or extra large tires....etc

appreciate your opinion but this is my personal experience
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Bu-Shahid;25129 wrote:Maddie, thank you for your advise, I have been driving the trailblazer for 5 years and to far extend I know its capability; it is powerful car and very great for road and long drive i drive it for 3750 km within 48 h in summer with no problem and in very comfort situation
but when it comes to offroading which I tried it with Almost 4x4 and others it has some limitation, not because of its power or engine but it is about its ground clearance (specially the main two steel chassis supports) and the low front pumper (including the AC and engine radiators behind it) which will be damaged easily with any mid level offroading trip in addition to it weight (which I can come over it by lowering the tires PSI but the same has more bad effect on the first two points (clearance and low pumper)) adding to that the weak fixation of the towing points (do not worry Capri I am getting proper rear towing point as well enhance the remaining front one hehehe)
As for the modifications, where I agree with Capri; honestly i am not interested in any modification neither for my Trailblazer nor for my planned new car (either the Pathfinder or the FJ), maybe a skid plat, a decent suspension or desert light but for sure not lifting or extra large tires....etc

:like::045: .............................
What goes around , comes around .
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bu-Shahid;25129 wrote:Maddie, thank you for your advise, I have been driving the trailblazer for 5 years and to far extend I know its capability; it is powerful car and very great for road and long drive i drive it for 3750 km within 48 h in summer with no problem and in very comfort situation

Very serious and smart blog :like: