Khor Kalba Nature Reserve

Mukhallalati Basha
Advance
Advance

hor Kalba Nature Reserve is located along the shores of the Gulf of Oman in the UAE just before the border with Oman. The reserve is connected to a suburb of the town of Kaliba in the emirate of Sharjah by a single bridge. It’s home to scores of rare birds, fishes and a great variety of plant life.

This charming and ecologically sensitive reserve is one of the largest mangrove-dominated landscapes in all the Emirates. More than 20 endangered bird species have been spotted here, with kingfisher being the most important. More than 50 pairs of White-collared Kingfisher, the UAE’s only resident kingfisher, have been counted in an area of ancient mangroves, breeding and feeding on the crabs living on the shores of the muddy creek.

Another important bird species at Khor Kalba is the migratory Blue cheeke Bee-eater which can be seen here from March to September.
Khor Kalba is also rich in small fishes which make it the ideal environment for visiting waders, and both blue and white phases of the Reef Heron can be found all year round.
Indy

Thanks for the info.. we went there during the National Day holidays.. though I didn't know about the diversity of wildlife present here..next time will keep my eyes open..it's a nice place to camp..always do clean up when u leave..leave nothing behind..
Indy

Thanks for the info.. we went there during the National Day holidays.. though I didn't know about the diversity of wildlife present here..next time will keep my eyes open..it's a nice place to camp..though it's important to always clean up when u leave..leave no trash behind..