Celerity

Loca
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dear Almosters,

Celerity has been an exciting drive where I had to use all of the driving skills I've built in couple of years thanks to Almost4x4. On the long way back home after the drive my mind replied the key moments and the awareness of how skills play such an important role triggered deep feeling of reward. There is nothing more rewarding than learning something and put it into practice

The road reaching the meeting point was itself a beauty, a black stripe of asphalt in the middle of red dunes. This is Nahel. When I reached the meeting point at 7am a few cars where already there and many others arrived in the next few minutes. Many Almosters didn't want to miss what was expected to be an unforgettable drive. More than 20 drivers, most of the Intermediates but also Advanced, Explorers and [mention]Solmaz[/mention] and [mention]Booy[/mention] to represent Marshals

[mention]baris[/mention] , who arranged this drive, delivered a short and clear briefing then split the bunch in two convoys, one led by him the "white" one and the other led by [mention]Agalon[/mention] , the "orange" one, where the color was the color of their T-shirts. I was in convoy n.2 let by [mention]Agalon[/mention] and [mention]Rooies[/mention] as the 2nd lead. Convoy was supported by [mention]giorgio[/mention] at the end and [mention]Booy[/mention] floating and supervising.

Warm up was very short due to the morphology of the area, very technical with medium/small dunes and very soft sand. I remember the first hour of the drive I was moving the steering wheel right and left crazy fast and with no pauses, like the captain of a ship in the middle of a tempest. The tempest was [mention]Agalon[/mention] who was keeping fast pace and sharp zig-zag with his short Jeep.

I don't remember how many 2nd tries we had. I think all the drivers had 2nd tries today. I had much more than my average. We also had a few stucks but none of them was risky. I had a stuck at the top of a dune which I managed to self recover using both traction control and 4L. Reason for the stuck is that I was too close to the car in front of me, I had to slow down and I reached the crest with no momentum.

Due to the 2nd tries we also experienced track loss many times. [mention]Booy[/mention] and also [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] and [mention]Scorpio[/mention] who joined us at some point in time had som eextra work to do in order to guide us back in the right track

This side of desert is very challenging and you must have strong heart to lead a convoy of Inters and above. Full respect to [mention]Agalon[/mention] who mastered the leader role today.

In the second part of the drive we reached Sweiahn and its big dunes. The dune cresting festival served for the day kept going on the bigger dunes. We reached a very big dune with a steep climb where most of the drivers, including myself, had 2nd and further tries as it was quite difficult to reach the top. I switched again to 4L and my Pajero climbed like a mountain goat. I never used 4L in my entire offroading experience and I tested this option first time last week during "September 14th" drive. In some circumstances the 4L option is amazing and it's definitely one of the options to leverage and I'm happy I found out how to take the best from my car

We reached Sweiahn with much less energies but definitely top satisfaction

At the exit point we met the other convoy and from the size of their smiles I understood they had a great drive as well.

Thanks [mention]baris[/mention] for the organization and both you and [mention]Agalon[/mention] for the lead.
Thanks to [mention]Booy[/mention] for the encouragement and [mention]giorgio[/mention] for the sweeping (and the usual fun).

Thank you Friends, it was such a rewarding drive. I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to meeting you hopefully in a week
Gianluca (aka Loca)
Black/White FJ (aka La Ciccina)
Mobile 0561776322
kareem.alameldin
Advance
Advance

Since I became intermediate, apart from all the excitment and fun feelings you get with each drive, comes along some negative feelings, I've experienced being scared when i saw something i wasn't very sure i can do, or the famous "oh shit" moments that you feel so relieved afterwards that you are still in one piece, I experienced being frustrated before for a reason or two, but this drive was a special one when it came to frustration,
Started with the Jeep door cutting my forehead like i owe it money, deflated the tires way too low with no logic reason (I told Agalon I was dazed but it was just an excuse), then all the second tries!! I've never had so many second tries ever! And it drove me insane, it was mainly because of - Again - trying to copy one of my idols, i want to drive on second gear most of the time like what Agalon does, it relaxes the engine and teaches you how to drive on momentum rather than depending on the engine's raw power, which I'm gradually getting used to but not there yet,
Then here comes one big ass climb that Agalon did and everyone fall behind like Domino, i did like 3 tries, and noticed that the car isn't revving higher than 4k, wait a minute... I've been driving the car like that for almost half an hour, restarted the car and did the climb, it was nice to know it was a bit high level in the first place, but it still feels really bad having 4 tries at a climb!!
The drive ends and for the first time i don't feel satisfied, i actually feel disappointed! The drive was amazing but it was another "slap on the face" that hey! There is A LOT more to learn even at that level, ESPECIALLY at that level where mistakes are really magnified,
Agalon, following you is always a treat, thanks for the great lead and the valuable lessons.
Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

I should start with thanks to [mention]Barish[/mention] for the organization of the drive and opportunity to lead in this marvelous area.

We started technical and progressed along the way following the geography. Including the second tries and stucks we managed to finish the drive on time. We covered ~54 km in ~3 hours.

I enjoyed the area and the drive. Drivers did their best to keep up with the flow. All played safe, no dangerous fighting, which resulted with safe 2nd tries which is extremely normal. Don’t forget the sand was really soft.

[mention]kareem.alameldin[/mention] , referring to your report; there is no point to be disappointed at all. All of us continue our learning, regardless of the level. It is good that you are being challenged with situations that gives you the chance to experience them and adapt your driving to. When it comes to mechanical stuff, this is part of the game and nothing to be bothered about.

Overall we had a wonderful morning. Thanks to all drivers for joining, [mention]Rooies[/mention] for 2nd lead, [mention]giorgio[/mention] for sweep, [mention]Booy[/mention] and [mention]Scorpio[/mention] for their support.

Till then...
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18
Loca
Intermediate
Intermediate

kareem.alameldin wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:50 am Since I became intermediate, apart from all the excitment and fun feelings you get with each drive, comes along some negative feelings, I've experienced being scared when i saw something i wasn't very sure i can do, or the famous "oh shit" moments that you feel so relieved afterwards that you are still in one piece, I experienced being frustrated before for a reason or two, but this drive was a special one when it came to frustration,
Started with the Jeep door cutting my forehead like i owe it money, deflated the tires way too low with no logic reason (I told Agalon I was dazed but it was just an excuse), then all the second tries!! I've never had so many second tries ever! And it drove me insane, it was mainly because of - Again - trying to copy one of my idols, i want to drive on second gear most of the time like what Agalon does, it relaxes the engine and teaches you how to drive on momentum rather than depending on the engine's raw power, which I'm gradually getting used to but not there yet,
Then here comes one big ass climb that Agalon did and everyone fall behind like Domino, i did like 3 tries, and noticed that the car isn't revving higher than 4k, wait a minute... I've been driving the car like that for almost half an hour, restarted the car and did the climb, it was nice to know it was a bit high level in the first place, but it still feels really bad having 4 tries at a climb!!
The drive ends and for the first time i don't feel satisfied, i actually feel disappointed! The drive was amazing but it was another "slap on the face" that hey! There is A LOT more to learn even at that level, ESPECIALLY at that level where mistakes are really magnified,
Agalon, following you is always a treat, thanks for the great lead and the valuable lessons.
Dear [mention]kareem.alameldin[/mention] there is no reason to feel disappointed. I was behind you in the convoy and you did great job and in full safety which means you were in control. Yesterday drive was challenging and all the drivers struggled. Don't forget you've further complexity to deal with, first you've manual transmission and second keeping the tail of [mention]Agalon[/mention] with a LWB car is tough. I'm still trilled by yesterday drive as I feel we all learned a lot and our skills are 1mm higher. Thanks Again to [mention]Agalon[/mention] for the succulent meal thumbsup
Gianluca (aka Loca)
Black/White FJ (aka La Ciccina)
Mobile 0561776322
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

Well, this is called ‘Sweihan is calling’; although I was not supposed to come in the morning and slept late on thursday night but still woke up early morning because somewhere in the back of my mind I knew that its Nahil/Sweihan weekend and my fellow almosters will be splashing early morning sand! in love

Somehow, me and [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] reached at the meeting point together but we were 40min late than the event start time and the convoy had left already so, we planned to catch the convoy ninja . Rashidjass guided me towards the approximate location of the convoy and I thought to go straight in that direction in a straight line. I had heard about this style first from [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] when I was a newbie; and thought to try it having the guardian angel on my back :twisted:. Well, in the next 15 min we caught the [mention]Agalon[/mention] convoy. The convoy was going fast on dunes and it was a beautiful scene to watch it from a distance. Since there was another convoy in the same area that was being led by [mention]Barish[/mention] therefore, Rashid joined that one and I stayed with Agalon and [mention]Booy[/mention].

It was a rollercoaster ride and great lead by Agalon to well feed the intermediates on fire . Couple of stucks and some second tries but the general flow was smooth and interesting. The weather was good so was the scenery and your great company.

Thanks to Agalon for the lead and Booy for the guidance and advanced members for the support. Hope to see you soon in the sand..

Cheers thumbsup
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
Mabubaker
Marshal
Marshal

My first inter drive after a long vacation,,, how can I show Celerity without proper warm up? Saturday 14 was the best workout to get prepared.

[mention]Barish[/mention] selection of the area was innovative, new area which keeps a lot of uncertainty behind Celerity. [emoji108]

After the quick briefing by @Barish, we lined up in preparation for takeoff [emoji49][emoji205]

After a technical area with small and cramped dunes, we reached the first real crest, it required a short but a sharp climb,,, I did the climb, reached the crest,, the crest edge was unexpectedly toooo sharp, so I didn't achieve the best landing that I wanted [emoji16].

I have retuned my driving style to cope with the area, tried to read the dunes to be prepared for what is hiding behind [emoji849]

It was an amazing drive, full of surprises, great lead by [mention]Barish[/mention] , thanks for Marshals and adv support [mention]Rashidjass[/mention], [mention]Solmaz[/mention] , [mention]Youssef.Abdelhady[/mention] , [mention]nabil_k[/mention] and [mention]haider alnuaimi[/mention] .

Can't wait for Paradise City, see you soon!

Thanks,
M Abubaker

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi everyone,

this was my first intermediate drive since July I think and I was not sure if I am still in shape…
But after the first minutes a was completely in the zone, even if it was hard work to follow [mention]Agalon[/mention] in his jeep.
Riding on top of the crest while switching left/right, sharp turns and short steep climbs were on the menu this drive and I had to be very focused to keep the patrol on track.

I am curious how [mention]Rooies[/mention] as second lead dealt with this jeep-maneuvers. [mention]Rooies[/mention] cant wait to read your report.

While the beginning of the drive we crossed a quite technical area, dunes got bigger and after one side crest I was very surprised to find a steep abyss on my right side…
I really loved this drive it was a nice experience and a good training to ´follow [mention]Agalon[/mention]. I tried to find the best approach lines/angles for the patrol and tried to use my momentum in combination with gear shifting in the most efficient way.

It was so much fun grin

Thank you [mention]Barish[/mention] for the organisation, [mention]Agalon[/mention] for the great lead, [mention]Booy[/mention] for keeping an eye on us, [mention]giorgio[/mention] for sweeping and [mention]Scorpio[/mention] for the support.

See you all in the sand
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

An early morning start in a far away place (coming from RAK makes for a very early morning to leave home), but so worth the long drive.

I am looking forward to the cooler weather where we can camp out the night before the drive, and get a few hours extra sleep. (or no sleep at all in some cases :) Talking about camps - keep an eye on the forum - first camping event planned for mid Oct, and we will start with a BANG!

Back to the drive, [mention]Agalon[/mention] made a very nice track for our intermediate members to enjoy this area to the max. Thanks [mention]Barish[/mention] for organizing this drive, and for choosing a nice starting point that offered a bit of technical warm up before we hit the bigger dunes.

Always a pleasure driving with everyone, and I am looking forward to seeing you back in the sand next Friday for Paradise City V.

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
optimus
Marshal
Marshal

Hi All,

first of all thanks to [mention]Barish[/mention] for organizing the drive!

I was in the convoy lead by [mention]Agalon[/mention] , [mention]Booy[/mention] & [mention]Scorpio[/mention] were floating and [mention]giorgio[/mention] sweeping.

My last inter drive i was in the center , this time i decided to be at the end in order to challenge my car on soft & roughed up sand to try and learn some survival :) . Despite the convoy had usual issues of pop out, lost tracks, 2nd tries, self recoveries etc but the important is that none of us played unsafe during the entire drive.

further, i would like to add that all the tips & lessons i got from the previous drives from [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] , my friend [mention]Youssef.Abdelhady[/mention] & [mention]presa[/mention] about throttle control, proper speed, approach angle when climbing from the soft side etc, all these things helped me alot in this drive in order to execute safely the side crest however there is still alot to learn, ALOT!!

"i am not everything i want to be,
but i am more than i was,
and i am still learning".

Untill next time!
Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

We started the day very early with our intermediate drivers in a new uncommon area.

Everybody was ready on time at the meeting point and could read the impatience to explore a new area in the eyes during the breifing. We did quick briefing, reminded the rules, seperated the convoys as white and orange convoys.

Warm up at technical area, then many mid-size dunes with sharp crests..some second tries, stucks, etc. as part of the game..we applied the buddy system as much as possible to keep the momentum of the convoy and we were successful in that. All drivers did their best to keep up with the speed and celerity was amazing..!

I would like to thank to [mention]Youssef.Abdelhady[/mention] and [mention]haider alnuaimi[/mention] for the support, [mention]Solmaz[/mention] and [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] for being eyes on our convoy, and all drivers who did very well and made it to the end of the drive.

Never forget to improve while chging.

See you on the sand.

Barish