Back To School

Phoenix
Crew
Crew

Dear Members,

It was a wonderful experience driving with you all. Please post your trip reports here.

Also dont forget to finish the tools inspection to get your first star. The registration for the next newbie drive will open on 08-Sep-2019 at 06:00 PM. You can register for the drive ones you have your first star.

See you on the sand.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
AdrianUAE

Good Morning to everyone, ORLY

thanks for the trip yesterday. we had a very good experience with all of you.
I am looking forward to be a part of this journey with Almost 4x4.

Yesterday after the Club Members Drive tools inspection I was missing 3 tools. I am going to buy them now.
Agalon told me yesterday that I should send a picture of the missing tools (WHERE?) so that i will be able to join you for the next Newbie trip next week.

Can anyone tell me how and to whom I must send you the pictures of the missing tools so that i am ready for the next drives?

Thanks in Advance and see you soon :D

Adrian
ivantorrellas

Hi All,

Thank you for the Club Member drive Agalon, it was really good...

I have a small suggestion: When talking to people about turning left or right I have noticed confusion is sometimes there. I think a good way to avoid confusion is to tell people to turn DRIVE or PASSENGER, that will avoid confusion. I know spotters use this technique to guide wheelers when rock crawling.

I hope we get a lot of drives forward over the winter, can wait!

Thanks.
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

ivantorrellas wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:00 pm Hi All,

Thank you for the Club Member drive Agalon, it was really good...

I have a small suggestion: When talking to people about turning left or right I have noticed confusion is sometimes there. I think a good way to avoid confusion is to tell people to turn DRIVE or PASSENGER, that will avoid confusion. I know spotters use this technique to guide wheelers when rock crawling.

I hope we get a lot of drives forward over the winter, can wait!

Thanks.
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for bringing up this subject.

To avoid confusion, The Marshalls or who ever executing the rescue under Marshalls supervision or in any other situation, we always give directional instructions in reference to driver's point of view. Its a club standard!

So when they say "Right" or "Left" its always the driver's Right or Left

Hope this clarifies the issue for all our new members

Thanks
Last edited by Daggerfall on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters!

We had a great drive yesterday, with three convoys and around 60 cars in 3 convoys.

Weather was hotter than expected for this time of the year, but the temperature didn't hold anyone behind!

From the ones I checked the tools two are already being promoted to newbies, well done, and many more are getting the last pieces of equipments so they can enroll on next weekend drive.

Welcome all to Almost4x4 family!
mpodroid
media
media

Agalon wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:01 am [
Hi @AdrianUAE ,

From any channel (whatsapp, telegram group, pm in the forum) you can send me the photos of the missing tools.
Hi Agalon,

thank you so much for the trip and valuable suggestions provided during the briefing.

I sent you a PM with a picture of my missing tools: not sure if you got it, because it is still in the outbox section, not in sent messages.

I am a beginner, but want to quickly advance my skills: I already had 10 rides in the latest 3 months with another club. I read the post about the upgrade procedure, but it is not clear: do I have to request the challenge before or after 3 newbie drives?

Thank you
Marco
If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost.
Rune's Rule
Murphy's Law
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Back to school:

This club member drive found us with over 60 cars on a hot weather. The basics of offloading (mostly related to safety) was concluded in 45 min and we would like to thank all drivers that have to weather the heat to attend this necessary task .

The drivers were divided in three convoys with the following leaders: [mention]Agalon[/mention] [mention]presa[/mention] and [mention]Barish[/mention]

I was swiping for the 1st convoy led by [mention]Agalon[/mention]. A total of 22 vehicles including pick ups, jeeps, crouser, and a cute daster were some of the cars within out convoy.

As always the cars with no flag had to be placed at the end of the convoy along with the heavy trucks.

The drive was smooth with no major issues besides the fact that the big convoy was moving slow but study.

Couple of rescues as always and several second tries were part of the caused delays but this is normal in such a drive. This is part of the learning carve as a new off-roader.
The radio communication concept was honored by the majority of the drivers and that made the rescue team's task easier.

I hope that all members got to enjoy the experience. I am looking forward to see you again in a more challenging drives.

For the drivers that decide to move forward don't forget to complete your tool check and sign up for the next weekend drive.

Special thanks to the organizer and lead car [mention]Agalon[/mention] as well as the rescue team [mention]Booy[/mention] [mention]Petr[/mention] [mention]Bu Zayed[/mention] [mention]Jasper[/mention] and our second lead [mention]Yazan Ali[/mention] .

Looking forward to see you all soon in the upcoming drives
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

mpodroid wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:07 pm
Agalon wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:01 am [
Hi @AdrianUAE ,

From any channel (whatsapp, telegram group, pm in the forum) you can send me the photos of the missing tools.
Hi Agalon,

thank you so much for the trip and valuable suggestions provided during the briefing.

I sent you a PM with a picture of my missing tools: not sure if you got it, because it is still in the outbox section, not in sent messages.

I am a beginner, but want to quickly advance my skills: I already had 10 rides in the latest 3 months with another club. I read the post about the upgrade procedure, but it is not clear: do I have to request the challenge before or after 3 newbie drives?

Thank you
Marco
Dear mpodroid,

Here from the link below you can find complete details about your inquiry.

https://almost4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2442

Regards

Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Welcome to Almost4x4 Family!

I hope all our new members enjoyed our organization where we give information about fundamentals of offroading, our club philosophy and complement it by a short easy drive.

If you want to improve your skills further and explore all over UAE and make a new family along the way, complete your tools check and start joining our Newbie level drives.

Its always fun and exciting to meet with new members and thanks to all organized, participated and supported this drive.

If you have any comments or inquiries you are most welcomed to share it here or in our club's chat room (more interactive) which you can reach via web site or telegram app. (Just text us you want to join)

See you on sand

Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

We had another nice gathering this Friday with our new members. The weather was unexpectedly hot as mentioned above but we managed to run the event as scheduled. Thanks to all the supporting intermediate and advanced drivers, marshals, explorers and founders. Thanks to our new drivers too for joining us. One more time, welcome to our second family.

Most subjects have been covered already above. We started and finished as planned. No major issues except the expected stucks and second tries.

One more time we want to encourage you all to complete the tools and get your newbie star to continue your journey with us.

Hope to see you all in our oncoming drives.

See you next time...
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18