Don't Stop Believing!

Haani

Good morning all!

Had a great drive in Nahil area with [mention]JockJKU[/mention] leading us. I was the 3rd Car in convoy behind [mention]Youssef.Abdelhady[/mention] so I got to see all the leading action upfront and how the Jeep, FJ and Patrol react to different scenarios.

About 15 minutes into the drive, I came up onto a dune a bit too fast and had a popout in my rear tire. The front and back bead broke which I didn't realize at first. I got out all my tools and started work after which [mention]optimus[/mention] and [mention]Scorpio[/mention] got hands on. Several attemps later, we realized that as we were trying to seat one bead, the other one would push out. Hence it was suggested by [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] that we remove the wheel to fix the pop out. [mention]optimus[/mention] soon started jumping on the backside of the rim to seat the bead and then 45 minutes later, we heard the good old pop sounds. Once again, appologies to everyone for reducing potential drive time.

Soon we made our way and we encountered a steep climb. The Jeep climbed kicking back alot of sand but the FJ needed a second try. At that point, I realized I needed alot of momentum but unfortuantely I dug in just before the plateau. After that it was decided, that the route will be changed.

I had a couple of other second tries as well. It was alot of steep but short descents and climbs and I had difficulty maintaining the momentum needed since the distances were quite small and I didnt want to drive the car into the bottum of the climb. In the future, I have to be less hesitant and use that bashplate!

Overall, I had a great drive and good learning experience.

For some reason, I previously assumed fixing pop outs with back and front bead out was not possible with our tools so this is great knowledge for me.

A big thankyou to [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] and above mentioned for all for their help and hope to see you all soon!

Cheers,
Haani
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters!

We had a great drive in a few explored area for most!

We had 3 cars with popout and several 2nd tries, what is expected when you start raising the bar for 10+ as [mention]JockJKU[/mention] did leading this drive.

Kudos to [mention]Lenny[/mention] popout team that fixed a popout, changed a tire and got the car running, with only 3 people faster than @Hanni team :D

Jokes apart there is no competition, but was very good to see our newbies being able to handle a popout fast AND SAFETY.

About the popout my impression is that 90% of the time some drivers are allowing the tire to hit the sidewall when exiting a dune descending. So try to adjust the wheel so the tire hit the ground without forcing the sidewall.
10% might be just bad luck LOL!!!

As many noticed Jock was doing many arches to prepare the convoy to the next skill that is hiring the top of the dune and side cresting. Most were doing fine but some were starting with the wrong speed and excessively changing the track. This won't be a problem while doing arches but will be a problem when doing sidecrests.

Thank you all for the nice morning at the sand and look forward to see you next weekend!
RubiKhan90
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hey Guys!

This was my first 10+ drive with the club. The meeting point was Nahel, situated in Al Ain. To add to my excitement, the weather was also beautiful that day with a clear blue sky. I arrived late to the meeting point but quickly deflated thanks to [mention]optimus[/mention] . Apologies to everyone for that!!

The drive was lead by [mention]JockJKU[/mention] with support from [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] , [mention]Barish[/mention] and Shamsi. Oursafety briefing was the regular with a reminder to maintain at least a 30m distance and to communicate over the radio. I was the 4th car in the convoy right behind Haani.

The drive started and it was much faster than the usual 10- drives. The very first dune was being
a challenge and we changed the route. Soon after within the few minutes [mention]Haani[/mention] got a pop out. Thanks to the expertise of the support crew and the marshals, the issue was resolved.

The action continued as we climbed and dropped from some steep dunes. There were a few instances where we also tackled some side crest action and made switches which was very exciting. Jock took us thru some great dunes and places and I was loving every minute of it. Throughout the drive there were some second tires and second pop out but the show kept going on.

It was great to see everyone once again and hoping to see you all soon.

Have a great week ahead of you.
Zahran [Rubi]Khan
055-2394047
JockJKU
Club Member
Club Member

Morning All!

I will say again, i love this area!!

The aim of this trip was to increase the speed and start getting the 10+ ready for bigger climbs. We repeated again and again climbing to crests but not crossing (yet) to hopefully get the speed and momentum right for the next step which is to make the crest!!

We had the usual incidents of popouts and 2nd tries, which is good and shows that the level is pushing the convoy!

Thanks to all that supported, which was too many to mention!!

Hope to see you all again soon!

Till next time,

Jock
osman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi All,

This is one of the recent drives I enjoyed going faster speed (when the convoy is in motion) with high arches, climbing up & down and doing sharp turns.

Right at the beginning, i thought I would had a pop-out one of these sharp turns after a climb on a soft dune but instead I learned how a stubborn pop-out can be fixed on another car.

This was probably the only drive that I participated where the number of marshalls , adv. and int. drivers were more than the NBs.

Thanks to everyone making this a memorable drive.
Warning: Sand is addictive... and also the sea salt.
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Everyone,

After a break of 3 weeks, I touched the sand this Friday morning with this 10+ newbie drive and it felt really good to be back on sand with the same old friends thumbsup .

We had the early morning chit-chat and soon all the members reached to the meeting point. Thank you [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] for the almost4x4 logo – it’s awesome in love .

[mention]JockJKU[/mention] gave the drive briefing and it was decided by Marshals that we will drive in one convoy. I was placed as the sweeper, the Inters were placed inside the convoy for support and rescue, and Advanced were to stay outside the convoy. We had Bu Salem, [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] and [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] floating around us.

The drive was great and Jock really threw an amazing enjoyable track to 10+ members. We had 3 pop-outs (2 pop-outs happened on 2 different cars at the same time and 1 later), many second tries, and a few stuck cars situations on the way and all were managed professionally under marshals’ guidance. The drive was fast and full of high climbs to provide an opportunity to learn and get ready for bigger climbs. The radio communication was OK but could have been better especially in situations of 2nd attempts to warn the car behind you that you are not clear yet.

Generally, it was an enjoyable morning and brought with it a lot of learning.

Thanks to the organizer for this drive and all those who participated and supported the drive.

Hope to see you soon…

Cheers
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

This area is really good for both newbie and intermediate drives. But can say that the name is popout area..i dont remember a drive in this area that there was no popout in the convoy..It is a good training area to polish driving skills how not to have popout..

Soft sand is sometimes the enemy of the confidence. We had some second tries and all i believe due to focus loss and surprising soft sand.

Thanks to [mention]JockJKU[/mention] for the lead and thanks to [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] for being the eyes on all of us and the whole support team for great effort. Claps to the drivers ending the drive as another successful drive for Almost4x4.

Improve if you change; otherwise, you can update your look and feel if you would like just to change.

Barish