Newbie All in V7

Preggy
Intermediate
Intermediate

I drove with [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] as our convoy lead and [mention]Barish[/mention] as sweep and Sheppard. The first part off the drive was technical with some flat and winding bits. During this part of the drive I was able to hone my throttle control and avert the use of brakes by making subtle changes to acceleration. Cresting 3 or so fairly soft inclines was made really easy with expert advice from [mention]Barish[/mention] . 2 months ago I would probably have bellied out on those crests.
The second part of the drive was a completely new experience for me, as I've never driven so fast in soft sand (perhaps not as fast as [mention]Johanna[/mention] ). There were instances when I let the gap between me and the car in front of me get a little too large, but that was simply because I had mental block towards driving faster than 90 km/h in the desert. Now I realise from Johanna"s report that it was normal to reach such high speeds in that section of the drive.
This was an awesome ride, due largely to exhilarating route selection from our lead, which was well matched to the skill level of our convoy.
Thanks [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] and [mention]Barish[/mention] for a great drive.
Hope to join you on another drive pretty soon.
Ride or Die🚙