Fender Bender

nabil_k
Advance
Advance

Hello everyone ,

after the attendance [mention]JockJKU[/mention] create three convoys and i was support [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] convoy . for the first 5 min. we had pop out OSMILEY , we fix it fast and start moving in great track created by [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] and i believe its the best for this area , we did many side crest some of them was difficult for newbie 10+ but its very good training , we had some stuck and 2nd try but every one did very well. at the fossil rock we met the other convoy lead by [mention]Booy[/mention] and support by [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] , the vision was very clear and amazing weather , at the end [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] and [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] decided to cross the fossil rock mountain to the drop at the other side cool .
Many thanks to [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] for creating the best club, and thanks [mention]JockJKU[/mention] for organizing this drive and thanks to [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for great lead as usual ninja and thanks for all marshal attend and support this drive .
Nabil Almhanna
Silver FJ (SINBAD)
optimus
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters!

After a being away for almost a month, this drive was so waiting for! I had a very bad flu and sore throat but I said to myself that I must drive today, come what may. The meeting point was filled with the veteran 10+ drivers and the newly upgraded ones! Quickly after prepping my God father, the members were called for the attendance.

Jock took the attendance and divided the members into 3 small convoys.
He himself led our convoy, Kareem was assigned the 2nd lead, Barish was sweeping & sometimes floating together with Issa. both were making sure that we should not lose the track, the convoy remains connected throughout. Great Job guys!

This was my 2nd day drive behind Jock and i would say that he understands the level of the drivers following him, accordingly he threw some nice challenges – faced paced, high climbs, some side & straight crests, a drop, technical area. It had everything, a 360-degree session that a member would wish for, test and improve the skills.

I hit a small ditch when I was trying to do a side crest, realizing that it wouldn't be perfect, came down for a 2nd round, chose a different line without noticing the line had a small ditch. There is when the plastic under my fender came out. Kareem helped me to remove it altogether. I am not going to put it back 😊 – remember anything that breaks wasn't supposed to be there at the first place.! Ha ha.

Thanks, [mention]JockJKU[/mention] , for organizing the drive and giving us a good time spend on the sand.

Thanks [mention]kareem.alameldin[/mention] , [mention]Barish[/mention] & [mention]Issa[/mention] for the support.
Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)
James

After a rather intense week away, the drive day started with the great warm welcome we have all become accustomed to being part of the Almost family, we then had our safety briefing and then the off.

The drive started slowly but most certainly did not continue that way as we were to get challenged by our leader of the day from the near start, there was a lot of fun to be had at the back as there are new dunes shaped from the cars in front. The drive went at an amazing pace with the dunes getting bigger, some nice cresting, sweeping in smaller bowls and in general a great experience as I get to know JC and her capabilities. It all seems a distant memory now as we look forward to the next adventure and fun to be had in the desert with Almost, as they say time flies when you are having fun, well it did Friday.

An absolute great drive so thanks to [mention]JockJKU[/mention] for the Fender Bender (JC still with a front bumper) [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] as the Founder, [mention]Booy[/mention] for the geat support, [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for the lead, our man [mention]Loca[/mention] for the second (try that is) and the support team [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] , [mention]SINGH[/mention] , [mention]Mohanad[/mention] , [mention]nabil_k[/mention] for the support!

Have a Great Week unitll we all meet again. thumbsup

Sostick
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi all, as said by the others, we have been split in three small convoys and the expectation was to have a fun quick drive. And so it was! I was in [mention]JockJKU[/mention] convoys as 4th car. We started immediately with an high speed drive. After three minutes I had 2 second tries and noticed that the car was not exactly going where I wanted. At the following stop I checked the tire pressure and it went up 4 psi each wheel. So I deflated them again to the right level and what a difference. Amazing to see how the car is much more precised in fast pacing side cresting and arches with the right tire pressures. We went on and on and on .... it was fantastic. I was worried to finished the fuel in my small FJ tank and I finished the drive with a little more than a quarter. Having done the math I consumed 30 litres for 60KM... as [mention]JockJKU[/mention] said, this is good and it means I pushed it! I think it’s about time to buy the famous jerry cans!

Thank you Almost4by4 for another great and safe drive! Looking forward to the next one!

Sostick aka Francesco
Lenny
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was a really beautiful Friday morning with the air cool and crisp, & a beautiful landscape of the Sun creeping in between the clouds on the drive towards the meeting point. have a nice day
There were dozens of cars gathered at the meeting point with a couple of other clubs getting ready to enter the desert.

The attendance was taken by Jock & convoys dealt in simultaneously.
I was in Daggerfalls convoy, with Nabil & Singh in support & Rashidjass sweeping.
We got into our positions in the convoy after a lightning quick briefing & Daggerfall was off to a racy start with Loca in 2nd Lead, and the rest of us in pursuit. pacman
Daggerfall started the drive with a few climbs which were a wakeup call for all of us & if that didn’t wake you up, say hello to a ditch or 2 . whu

We had a stuck in the 1st few minutes of starting which was nicely self-recovered, followed by a pop out that was taken care of in roughly 10 mins under expert supervision.
We started in a technical area & it was really important to keep proper distance: not too close as to not have enough momentum when you need it to maneuver & not too far as to lose the car ahead due to multiple tracks in the area , which is a challenge in itself. O_O
Daggerfall made it interesting enough for us all & we had a few 2nd tries & stucks & had a fun time avoiding bushes ! wtfsmilie
There were multiple instances where after a side crest, a nice big bush / Tree / stump would be waiting to greet you & I almost hit one head on & had to come to a complete standstill and change direction .
But then ,Badayer is an amazing area to drive & in no time we switched terrain & were snaking through the relatively flatter areas before moving on to the larger Dunes. grin
I really enjoyed the drive up to Fossil rock & the drop there after!
The drive ended on time as planned & RashidJass & Singh went off to play around Fossil rock.

Thanks to the Marshalls for adding convoys & support for being there – Singh & Nabil were all over the place keeping the safari cars at bay when required!
We have a real hungry squad of newbies and we are being well fed!! much appreciated.
Till the next one , see you all very soon thumbsup
DustnGlory

Hey all,
Fender Bender was a really nice drive on a beautiful Friday morning. We could already see few bikers and ATVs having fun. Owing to the increased support available on the ground, we were split into 3 convoys headed by [mention]JockJKU[/mention] , [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] and [mention]Booy[/mention] . I was in [mention]Booy[/mention] ’s convoy and I should say we hit the track running. Since the ratio of support vs. drivers was equal we had 1 inter in between 1 newbie within the convoy and Bu Salem floating. Being Badayer I did have a slight worry of losing the track because there will be so many out there – but all went well.
The first few minutes of the drive was fast and we were really having fun. The even funnier part was that 5 min into the drive my GPS unit fell off the holder and the wire started getting tangled in the steering column. For a few minutes my wiper blades and indicators would go on and off as we went over the dunes safari style. But the drive pace was really good and had a nice flow… I was having too much fun to call out for a stop. Luckily there was a second try pretty soon at which point I had time to get the wire out and continue... hidden
The overall drive mode was safari style with some nice climbs thrown in for good measure – chewed up tracks made some of those climbs even more interesting. We conquered pink rock and powered through to 2nd December before climbing Fossil Rock. It was a nice drive… good tempo with minimal stops and adequate radio comm. The convoy kept flowing smoothly or should I say ‘dancing over the dunes’. There was one area near 2nd December where we had to do a climb and then arch right to cross over. I’ve been in that area before and remember seeing others doing the climb and wondering how in hell is that doable. And this Friday I did a small version of that myself. I guess I am learning a few things after all… grin. Almost 1/3rd into the drive the lead car had a slight technical issue… but that is not going to stop our lead marshal from continuing the drive meta knight so we dropped the blue FJ at 2nd December and continued – this time [mention]Booy[/mention] leading with Bu Salem’s car.
It was a fun day in the sand. Thanks to [mention]JockJKU[/mention] for organizing the drive, founder, marshals, advance and inters for the awesome support as always and my fellow newbies for a wonderful experience. See you in the sand soon….
Jithin AKA Dust'nGlory

Drives an FJ = Silver Surfer =
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

Nice trip reports thus far.

As almost everyone mentioned, it was such a beautiful day, with clear skies like we hardly ever see them here. The mountains looked crisp and clear, and were visible from far away.

The drive was tweaked and fine tuned based on the experience of every member in the convoy. Nice safari style in the beginning, which lends itself to a good flow of the convoy. Then some challenges by giving everyone the chance to experience climbing some higher dunes, and off-course some technical areas in between. Everyone did well, with some second tries now and then. If there are no second tries, it means the level of the drive is too low - so we kept the challenge up for everyone to push their comfort zones and learn - but most importantly have fun in doing so.

Unfortunately my car's steering fluid started leaking out in the desert, and we had to leave the car behind to be picked up later. But, as you may have come to realize, we always plan for eventualities like this, and the drive was not affected at all. After a short break at 2nd December shops to park the car and load all my drinks into [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] fridge, we were off again to start the second part of the "3 part track". I couldn't drive it like I stole it, as the owner of the car was sitting next to me in the passenger seat grin

Thanks everyone for a great drive - it's always nice to see happy faces when we reach the destination. Thanks [mention]Isfand[/mention] for dropping me off at my car after the drive.

See you in the sand....

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

As a side note/thought... I am still trying to figure out when our convoy members did side crests on this drive, as I certainly did not do any in the front grin

Wait for the real side cresting guys... it's going to be amazing.

Keep driving and keep having fun
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

Fender bender, the name lived up to it.... grin

It was a beautiful morning, nice & cool, the right weather to play in the sand. We met at the meeting point & there were a few faces I have not seen in a while & a few I have never seen before, but with the Alomost4x4 family you never a stranger. We went through the normal routine, did the briefing & were dealt into 3 convoys. I was in the convoy with [mention]JockJKU[/mention] .

[mention]JockJKU[/mention] was lead with [mention]kareem.alameldin[/mention] second lead, the pace was nice & fast & we were in for a treat, fenders were going to get bent....I was caught out once or twice with following distance being a wee bit to close & then needed to drop back & get enough speed to clear the dunes. Thanx to my skid plate that saved my bumper on more than one occasion pacman it was nice & straight but after the drive it needs some TLC again grin . Others were not so lucky & we lost a complete fender & under fender protection, [mention]JockJKU[/mention] enjoyed it with a big grin on his face have a nice day .

We headed from Pinkrock to Fossilrock. The pace was still nice & fast. We took a break on a big dune & watched the other convoys heading our way, they looked like ants running between the dunes. We did the big drop & went round for the climb. There were a few second tries & I had a fail bouaaaaah , I checked the tyre pressure juts to see that it was one of the reasons for the fail. We continued on our way again & the pace was nice & fast, really enjoyable. After the fail all went well & we all stop to do the big drop at Fossil. After the drop the drive was over & it was time to head home TT TT .

Thank you to [mention]JockJKU[/mention] , [mention]kareem.alameldin[/mention] & [mention]Barish[/mention] for the drive & taking care of us.

Till we meet again in the sand, take care & stay safe.

Greetings
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind
waseem.mushif

Fender Bender.. Names itself enough to explain about the adventure.. OSMILEY

Well, Its was a less sleepy night (not because of any thing, just curious about the adventure ahead of time). Finally started from home, all went fine until I approached to the last round about and move towards Ghost Town (Madam) due to dizzy felling, came back all the way back to paid an extra 20 kms millage penalty.. XD

Finally reached to the meeting point around 08:15 am, met ALMOSTER's after by-passing the car controls, deflating tire and mounting flag. It was a nice, perfect weather with great visibility (able to see multi-tracks on Dune walls from meeting point.. :lol: )

After initials by [mention]JockJKU[/mention] , Group was transformed into 03 conveys. I got a space in [mention]Booy[/mention] , where the intermediate and newbies were in equal nos. [mention]Booy[/mention] organized the convey in a way that every newbie followed by an intermediate to have a speedy fun drive.. are you for real . [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] joined our convey to secure it by floating around (he really did to found me on main ground because my car lost power due to less distance upfront, moved toward the main ground from the peak of dune.. XD )

The drive started with Safari style to climb dunes, did side cresting and speeding, had covered 3 different areas, observed burned car and Camel Rock, climbed Pink rock and plenty of large dunes.. OSMILEY had couple of second tries and lost track issues but at end, It was totally awesome adventure.. grin

Thanks to [mention]JockJKU[/mention] for organizing the drive, also extend my appreciation to [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] and [mention]Booy[/mention] for the drive and their valuable time and guidance to newbies and very special thanks to [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] to take me back into track whenever I Lost.. thumbsup
Best Regards,

Waseem M. Siddiqui
Cell# +971 50 4613825
(Almost ID: waseem.mushif)