The Star Fish Dunes III

Mabubaker
Marshal
Marshal

My first time to Al Wagan, and last trip as Newbie. This trip will stay in my mind forever.. redbullsmiley

[mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] , [mention]Booy[/mention] , [mention]Johanna[/mention] , [mention]optimus[/mention] and myself arrived to the camp site which was carefully selected by [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] thumbsup . We stepped out of our cars like an astronaut landing on a newly discovered planet :geek: . The panoramic view of the galaxy was breathtaking. OSMILEY

Moments later, [mention]thiago[/mention] arrived, followed by [mention]James[/mention]. Worth to mention here that those brave guys are newbies, just made it to 10+ and were able to arrive to a camp site in Wagan at midnight! Thanks for [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention], the gps track you made to camp site was worth the effort. thumbsup
Then after midnight, while myself and [mention]James[/mention]
were still awake [mention]giorgio[/mention] arrived so we had a nice chit chat for sometime before we all go to sleep.

Its drive day, support crew arrived, and all set for the fun in al Wagan. ninja

Started with some technical areas, followed by several climbs to high rise dunes, then safari fast paced style. The menu also included advanced/intermediate play brakes, first one with a "beautiful side crest" as [mention]Booy[/mention] described it. The second was in the Wagan Stadium. Were Almost4x4 Advanced and Inters made this virgin full round mega bowel look like a Badayer high traffic area "as described by [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention]. killzonesmiley

I really wanted to get into the Stadium, but was affraid of not being to get out,,, hahaha,,, but I am definitely coming back. yuush

Finally, I really appreciate [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] efforts in planning and leading such a trip in a new area, I believe that this trip was a unique and unforgettable experience for all participants.

Can't wait to come back to wagan,,, as intermediate..

Thanks,
M Abubaker
Raja
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Everyone

this was an amazing drive. new area for me but it seems different to me from all other areas i drove so far. amazing dunes with sharp crest no chance of mistakes.

it was an amazing 10+ drive and all the newbies are lucky that they drove in this area it was there best chance to polish some skills on the high dunes. amazing chain for a safari style drive.

it always sounds good when we heard that you can play in this area. the last bit which was stadium a huge bowl it was amazing where i get to learn the timing of gear shifting as the rpm reach to 7 was normal.

weather was very good it was a good drive and i hope to drive in this area soon with my 2nd family.

thank you marshals for organizing this trip and everyone who made it pleasant.

see you all again in sand
Raja

Nissan Pathfinder
"Force Behind the Forces"
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

Raja wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:13 pm Hello Everyone

this was an amazing drive. new area for me but it seems different to me from all other areas i drove so far. amazing dunes with sharp crest no chance of mistakes.

it was an amazing 10+ drive and all the newbies are lucky that they drove in this area it was there best chance to polish some skills on the high dunes. amazing chain for a safari style drive.

it always sounds good when we heard that you can play in this area. the last bit which was stadium a huge bowl it was amazing where i get to learn the timing of gear shifting as the rpm reach to 7 was normal.

weather was very good it was a good drive and i hope to drive in this area soon with my 2nd family.

Hey [mention]raja[/mention],

Which gear did you use to drive in the stadium bowl ??
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Phoenix wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:24 pm
Raja wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:13 pm Hello Everyone

Hey @raja,

Which gear did you use to drive in the stadium bowl ??
All of them and he had to borrow couple extra ones from the FJ's
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

I was really looking forward to Al Waqan, because I have never been there & the way it was described sounded just awesome.

The plan was to leave Saturday morning at crazy o'clock as [mention]Kris_K[/mention] calls it Psmiley . My passenger bailed on my Friday afternoon so it meant two things, head to camp Friday or do the crazy o'clock thing. Option 2 won the battle & I left Friday evening heading to camp. Just before Al Ain I spotted a red jeep, it was [mention]giorgio[/mention] & we travelled together to the camp. We reached the camp just 23:00, I was a wee bit tired from driving the whole day, so I left the guys at the fire & went to find a spot to sleep (on-top of a dune, lessons learned grin )

The next morning was a nice clear morning & I headed over to the fire, [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] made his signature morning coffee have a nice day . The rest of the convoyed joined us & shortly we had the briefing for what was planned & laid ahead.

We started off as [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] said with a warm-up, dang what a warm-up. The dunes are awesome & the pace was nice & fast. The convoy flowed nicely over the dunes with just a small hick-up here & there but overall the going was good. The we had our first casualty for the day [mention]Issa[/mention] had a problem with his jeep & we waited on the dune while they tried to fix the issue, unfortunately they could not fix it & he had to drop out of the drive & ride with [mention]Booy[/mention] the rest of the day.

The track that we took was really amazing, up, down, sideways just lots of fun. [mention]Scorpio[/mention] had a passenger & the rollercoaster riding took it's toll on her, but it was short lived & we were going again.

We got to the stadium & we were treated with the guys taking turns riding the stadium, true awesome thumbsup . We headed off again towards home & the going was still good when murphy pulled one on us. [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] hit a ditch really hard, but he & Kalee were both ok, but the car took a big knock. We sorted everything out & headed out of the desert.

Thank you [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] for a awesome rout, [mention]Booy[/mention] , [mention]Scorpio[/mention] & the rest of the guys that looked after us, it is always a pleasure driving with everybody.

Till we meet again in the sand, take care.

Greetings
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everyone

In the old days we used to cross from Al Wagan to Hameem in a full day drive that will have the mix of everything. During these drives there is an area I call it the " The tower dunes ".

This area is so beautiful with the soft dunes without vegetation which will make you play the whole day without knowing that you are going to finish your fuel and won't be able to complete your Country crossing plan.

After around 4 years I decided to go back and drive the remaining of that chain. For people who are not familiar with it or have no idea what I am talking about, beware that is next to Artillery shooting field.

Nevertheless, we went, we Concord and came out with beautiful memories.

Thanks all for the support and get ready for cross country drives.

Till next time, stay safe and see you in the sand

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
presa
Marshal
Marshal

alshamsi_m wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:23 am In the old days we used to cross from Al Wagan to Hameem in a full day drive that will have the mix of everything. During these drives there is an area I call it the " The tower dunes ".

This area is so beautiful with the soft dunes without vegetation which will make you play the whole day without knowing that you are going to finish your fuel and won't be able to complete your Country crossing plan.
ORLY ORLY ORLY

I can carry a couple jerry can for my Jeep friends if you revive this drive

grin grin grin grin grin grin