Weekend Warriors II

Jasper
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone!

Truly an amazing drive! It started for me when the registration opened on Sunday evening and I was driving on 311 and still luckily got the slot in the 10+ category. I was literally laughing and hooraying inside the car! So the whole week was full anticipation for the coming Friday.

I was in Booy's convoy with Jock floating/sweeping and support from Gabor, Johanna and Saeed. This was my second drive after the upgrade in the suspension and tires. I had to admit I'm again learning the car and setup as I was driving with stock suspension and tires for a while.

The drive was fast, as advised by Booy during the briefing. We had few pop outs and second tries. I had second tries as well - still trying to get the hang of the new setup. I really enjoyed the pace. Panos was in front of me and there few instance that he pulls away. The habit of braking when I see big bumps is still there – need to trust my suspension to just go over them fast :lol: Jock, in few occasions, asked me to keep the proper distance. Every drive you’ll for sure learn new things – for me this time is having more confidence especially a fast paced drive and not losing control of the car.

Thank you all and looking forward for the next one!
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

I was away from the desert for a few weeks due to holiday travels and then straight after that a business trip. I was therefore very hungry for sand action grin

Although we drive in this area many times, it never gets boring. The area provides us with so much and we can practise many different techniques and also alter the level of the drive according to the convoy's behavior on the day.

Our convoy did very well, and we had time to cross the flat areas into the next chains to have some more fun.

Thanks everyone for joining, and thank you for the support.

See you at the Treasure Hunt event. (For some I will see you before that grin )

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
Tekton

Hello Everyone,

It took me a while to write this report due to lots of other stuff just could not get enough time to deal with it but here it is...

Our convoy was lead by [mention]Solmaz[/mention] and the rout that was picked up was awesome, would say kind of extreme for our level so it was very much enjoyable...

We started smooth and this time I had opportunity to be last in convoy :D..., at one point i start hearing strange noise coming from left front tire so i asked [mention]Solmaz[/mention] to check whats wrong and I had opportunity to do a short ride as passenger with her while she was enjoying driving a Jeep :D..., and ya eventually nothing was wrong just the wet sand thats all...

After sometime we reach at one big dune where almost everyone got stack on it, rope was used to pull cars and it was very interesting to see how it is done since it was for most of us first time to see how recovery works...

After getting over that dune without stacking I got so confident that I was basically just flooring all over the way until one point where my overconfidence could cost me a lot!! I fly over a dune and all four wheels as [mention]Solmaz[/mention] was saying were in the air :D.

After flaying that dune i took like a minute brake to make sure nothing was wrong with the car than we continue driving up to a point where one member from convoy had tire pop out, so we learn there something new as well.

Entire drive was extreme fun, all over the way was Safari Style I enjoyed the maximum level!!

I thank you all [mention]Solmaz[/mention] , [mention]rapailo[/mention] and everyone else for giving us opportunity to experience such kind off-road and I can't wait to see you again on next drive...

As usual I made video from a drive that you can see in link bellow and try not to dislike :D, subscribe would mean more so you can see your driving style in case you drive front of me...
[mention]knifelight[/mention] finally you were front of me this time :D...

Thanks once again,
Almost4x4 - Tekton
Tekton
Red Black JK
Solmaz
Marshal
Marshal

Hey guys,
I am a week behind with my reports but this one was pretty much already written in my mind since the drive so better late than never I guess. blank

The initial plan for the day was to have 2 convoys: one 10- and one 10+, but with [mention]Booy[/mention] and [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] joining us for the morning, we decided to give 10- drivers a VVIP+ experience. My convoy had 7 newbies with [mention]presa[/mention], [mention]rapailo[/mention], [mention]Bu Zayed[/mention] and [mention]Petr[/mention] for the support.

This area has some nice sharp mid-size dunes, which are great for straight crest training. So that's what we did mixed with fast-paced safari style in between.

Understanding the power you need to pass a crest is one of the first skills you have to build and the best way to do it is to do over and over again. Also as you may already saw in [mention]Tekton[/mention]`s video, your breaks won't work in the air so it is a good idea to start `slow and do second tries than flying. XD

The flow improved by the second half of the drive and we barely stopped except one pop-out, which we fixed in no time. It was another great day spent with the Almost family.

Hope to see you all soon.
Last edited by Solmaz on Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tekton

Solmaz wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:10 pm Hey guys,
I am a week behind with my reports but this one was pretty much already written in my mind since the drive so better late than never I guess. blank

Understanding the power you need to pass a crest is one of the first skills you have to build and the best way to do it is to do over and over again. Also as you may already saw in @Tekton`s video, your breaks won't work in the air so it is a good idea to start `slow and do second tries than flying. XD

I believed i can fly :D
Tekton
Red Black JK
Solmaz
Marshal
Marshal

Tekton wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 am

Understanding the power you need to pass a crest is one of the first skills you have to build and the best way to do it is to do over and over again. Also as you may already saw in @Tekton`s video, your breaks won't work in the air so it is a good idea to start `slow and do second tries than flying. XD

Check this one cool
Tekton

Solmaz wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:29 am
Tekton wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 am

Check this one cool
hahahha i know the guy hes my student :D :D
Tekton
Red Black JK