New Year, New Stars - Club Member

Tekton

Thank you Marshal, it was our pleasure to drive with you guys...

This was opportunity that most of the people wish to have but don't get it...

Now i am experiencing UAE from complete different angle and it is beautiful!!

Regards,
Tekton
Tekton
Red Black JK
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Tekton wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:12 pm Thank you Marshal, it was our pleasure to drive with you guys...

This was opportunity that most of the people wish to have but don't get it...

Now i am experiencing UAE from complete different angle and it is beautiful!!

Regards,
Tekton
Job well done let the fun begin
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters!

This Friday morning we had a nice CM drive.

Some of the members were already participating on the chat, well done Samaia, Tekton and others :)

Weather was amazing, I drove 95% with the window open in the middle of [mention]Solmaz[/mention] convoy... the 5% closed window was to do a rescue, I don't wanna have myself full of sand :)

As Shamsi put, we were in a very large crew and the photos from Fossil Rock look amazing!

Please don't forget to check your tools so you can enroll on next drives and welcome to your 2nd family!
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to Almost4x4!

We had a big and enthusiastic group of new joiners this Friday who attended the CM drive. The day started with [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] coffee and karak and by celebrating [mention]Solmaz[/mention] and [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] birthdays and everyone was served with a piece of cake – sweet tooth went for the second rounds also Psmiley

There was attendance and convoy formation by [mention]JockJKU[/mention] and then a detailed briefing on the off-roading basic concepts and the do’s and don’ts of desert driving. It was a quite informative session for the group and an interactive one as well. There were 3 convoys made with each one to be led by a Marshal. Abu Jimmy, Jock and Solmaz, each led one convoy and I was in Solmaz’s convoy.

So, Solmaz was leading, [mention]Johanna[/mention] was the 2nd lead, [mention]Raja[/mention] was in the middle of the convoy and [mention]Issa[/mention] was sweeping. [mention]presa[/mention] was helping in the rescue and I was floating with Bu Salem. The convoy started off smoothly and we had a nice drive wherein we enjoyed some nice climbs and drops. Solmaz crafted the route perfectly to keep it challenging and interesting for the club members. There were many second tries during the drive on some of the climbs having soft sand which added to the fun & learning and made the convoy drivers to adjust their throttle to give enough power to the car to do it successfully yuush .

We took one break in the middle of the drive before climbing the fossil rock. Going from the dirt road to the top of fossil rock was also an interesting part of the drive that provided everyone a fair opportunity to ‘floor it’ and enjoy some high revs. When we reached to the top we found out that one of our other convoy is already there before us and the third one is also catching up right behind us. It was so refreshing up there and the weather was so pleasant in the morning.

After some time, Solmaz gave the indication to leave and led us to the other side of the fossil rock and then to the road safe and sound.

As advised by Marshals, please complete your tool check and get your STAR; congratulations to those who have already got it which means that you can now join and enjoy the newbie drives thumbsup .

Hope to see you all soon in the sand...

Cheers!
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

It was nice to be back on the sand with Almosters after 2 weeks..It always makes me happy to see excited eyes as new joiners and commitment on the rules and regulations.

Our convoy did amazingly well and almost no issues. It is ok; every single driver in their first drive faced problems in those soft sand ditches just before thrle rock.

Thanks to [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] for the lead and all drivers making it happen with a seriuous focus and respecting the rules of the CM drive.

Welcome all again to Almost4x4 and make sure you chg as soon as you are committed to improve.

See you on the sand at the earliest.

Barish
Foxtrot

Thank you Shamsi, already looking forward to the week-end! Looks like we will get to enjoy some winter weather as well!
Regards,
Sven Heinichen
jbarragan

Hi all,

It was a great sand driving day and I got my first star!

Thanks for the organizer and marshals. The organization of the event was great.

Actually, it was the second time I am doing this trip, first time was one year ago and I did not have all my tools ready at that time. But both times, I enjoyed a lot. And the organization were fantastic!

Thanks for the rest of the members of convoy 1. Everyone was driving safe and taking care of the rest of members.

I hope I can meet you all in the sand very soon!

All the best almost 4x4 friends!
Jbarragan (White Jeep Wrangler convoy 1)
JockJKU
Club Member
Club Member

Morning all!

It’s always great to see a new batch of people keen to hit the sand and this CM drive was very well attended!

We had 3 convoys, and after a briefing about how we do things and some basic rules we headed off to put the theory into practice!

We had a few stucks, some second rounds which are all part of the fun and the learning process, and everyone did great!

I had great fun and glad to read the positive reports so far!!

Till next time!

Jock
Youssef.Abdelhady
Advance
Advance

Hello Almosters,

Its great to see that all the club members enjoyed the drive and had no issues

I was 2nd lead in [mention]JockJKU[/mention] convoy. The track was fun, our new members got the chance to experience what the desert has to offer. We also did some really nice drops ( I don't recall doing anything close to that in my club member drive XD )

I would like to thank the organizers for putting in a lot of effort and being able to manage such a large group of people with no issues.

To all the new joiners of the Almost4x4 family, welcome & enjoy your adventure!

See you all soon pacman
Good Things Come To Those Who Floor It. redbullsmiley