Eggs in the Basket Game - Sudden Death Edition 2

Isfand
Intermediate
Intermediate

What a day grin so much fun! in love

So got to the meeting at 1400 hours. Started deflating and went up to say hi to the big family. Feelings of nervousness? May be. Excitement - Definetely!

In a while when everybody was ready we were told by [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] that we are going to move to another area.

The game was very very well organized. Coordinates were provided and we all were released at a 3 minute intervals in 2 batches.

You know what... i dont remember anything after i started. Was so focused on where the car is going and if i was getting to the gps point following the compass.

Everybody did an amazing job. There was true sense of family. Special call out to the members that went out of the way to rescue others.

For me. No drama. Happy to have been selected at 8 drives and completed the challenge.

Thanks to everybody that put in so much work to organize the game. Its not easy. Thank you to everybody that made the day a success!

Again - one of the best days in the desert ever in love
Last edited by Isfand on Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi everyone

Just finished shower and heading to bed. Although it is not that hot but walking in the sand made it feels like a whole day out.

It was another successful event where we had 23 challengers " All Newbies " within less than 30 min they were all out hovering around the EIB ground.

As expected, each one came up with a different experience after the game and all of them are interesting " let the guys tell their stories ".

Thanks for [mention]giorgio[/mention] , [mention]Booy[/mention] , [mention]Mabubaker[/mention] & [mention]Johanna[/mention] for feeding us after the drive and special thanks for [mention]JockJKU[/mention] for bringing the karak.

Looking forward to see you soon in sand.

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
osman
Intermediate
Intermediate

I was looking forward for this drive and very much excited after Sunday's enrollment. However, my excitement after the start lasted only four minutes until I found myself in an ostrich position, where the head (aka front bumper) was under the sand! And by the way, just to clarify, Ostriches do not bury their heads into the sand but they re-position their eggs with their heads, which creates that illusion. So, the theme of the day was well captured!

When I hit the ditch, I tried self recovery but it was impossible to reverse due to the slope and I also had a pop-out. My fist pop-out ever on the most critical drive and in the worst position. The car was impossible to jack-up and needed to be pulled to a flat surface. I thought I have to wait event to finish in more than one hour for someone to pull me, so I started to shovel and try to find a position to jack-up to fix the pop-out. While I was in action, [mention]Solmaz[/mention] and [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] saw me and offered the irresistible option of disqualification. Then [mention]Agalon[/mention] joined the help along with [mention]Solmaz[/mention] and we pulled the car to flat surface and fixed the pop-out. Thanks to you both for the great help. Then I made my way out, and I unintentionally went through two check points. Later on I thought I should have gone trough the other points as well for the experience, but it was way too late for that thought.

As a lesson, I was thinking how could I not hit the ditch? I think it was very hard to avoid it if doing the straight crests. You do not see the ditch at the top of the crest and you have to move the car forward to see what is in front of you and as soon as you do that, you hit it. So i should have driven more parallel than the straight cresting.

In overall, the event was very well organized, a lot of preparation and hard work done, run very professionally as always and I am sure every single person enjoyed and learned a lot. Thanks to all put so much effort and time to make it happen, very much appreciated!!
Warning: Sand is addictive... and also the sea salt.
AbdulRahman

I didn’t get all the anticipation building up to the day and the messages on the group , i thought what could be so special about this area , i was mistaken :)

I was 7th in convoy and shocked by how technical the area was upon entry , there were two people stuck already by the time i went in , got to my first point and on the way back offered [mention]Lenny[/mention] help by snatching him out , minutes later i get stuck , shovel for 15 mins with no end in sight and [mention]Lenny[/mention] passes by and pulls me out only to get a popout in the process , all the training meant this was the fastest popout fix to date and we were on our way again , all overseen by [mention]JockJKU[/mention] who was eager to offer help that we respectfully declined :D

Managed to get to all 5 points and got stuck before the finish line , shoveled for close to 30 mins and got tips from [mention]Agalon[/mention] and [mention]Solmaz[/mention] as i had no clue where to shovel exactly , with the time up [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] pulled me out and we were off to the finish line for the ceremony

This was an extremely organized day given the number of participants and the technical nature of the area and i day i wont forget for a very long time , not finishing with the end in sight was a bummer but i have learned a lot from the day

Thanks to [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] for the organization and for the great support offered by the crew and intermediates !
Solmaz
Marshal
Marshal

Morning Almosters,

Yesterday was a great day!!

[mention]Agalon[/mention], [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] and I reached a little late but still managed to join during the briefing. I saw many excited faces but before I can even say hi, I had my first assignment of the day. [mention]Gabor[/mention] was stuck somewhere before reaching his point. On my way to him, I found [mention]jose[/mention] and gave him a little pull. By the time I was free again Gabor managed to rescue himself and he was already in the position. After that, I joined [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] and Agalon at the starting point.

Eggs were always a part of this game but the way we deliver them this time was a surprise even for me XD. It was so much fun watching the shock on our members' faces. Hope nobody broke any eggs inside the cars. If you did, I strongly suggest getting your car cleaned ASAP as rotten egg smell is not a myth!!

After all challengers are in the game, I also went in to find a nice place to watch the action. This was my dream for yesterday. Find a vantage point, sit down, relax and enjoy watching everyone play (suffer XD) with a cold drink in my hand. But as soon as I found and parked at my perfect point, I saw [mention]osman[/mention] in a ditch, only a few meters below me. As there was no self-recovery chance left, I had to pull him out and with Agalon joining us we fixed the pop out real quick. On my way back to my point, I found [mention]Chris Rothmann[/mention] and [mention]AbdulRahman[/mention] crested side by side. This was around 4:30 and they still had time to rescue themselves so we had an energy-efficient shovelling 101 class. As some of you may have already known, I have a lot of hands-on experience with that subject cool . After some strategical digging, Chris managed to free himself from the crest and Abdulrahman was rescued by our one and only [mention]Rashidjass[/mention]. Again I wanted to go to my point but [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] announced that the game was over and whoever was left in the game area was instructed to leave.

On my way out I heard [mention]AMounir[/mention] was stuck somewhere and went back in for one last rescue.

I was one of the last few who reached the endpoint and lots of big smiles welcomed me. It really doesn't matter if you have finished the game or not, Eggs in Basket is never about winning. I am sure many of you learned a lot about themselves and their cars yesterday and also you have experienced a whole new side of offroading. I hope you liked it because more of this is coming to your way.

Congratulations to all the challengers. Hats off for the winners. This was not an easy game nor an easy area. Well done all.

Thanks to Abu Jimmy for organising the game and all time takers, observers, support for their hard work.

Ohh and a big thanks to BBQ people for the great food. [mention]giorgio[/mention], [mention]rapailo[/mention], [mention]Johanna[/mention], [mention]Booy[/mention], [mention]James[/mention]
AMounir
Intermediate
Intermediate

THAT WAS A FANTASTIC DRIVE

It was extremely well organized to assure the safety of everyone.

Car after another was launching through start line in front of my eyes made my heart beats goes faster and faster with every meter closer to start line.

Once I started I was going fairly smoothly through the dunes till I got stuck ….. tried self recovery taking rests in between but time was passing in no positive signs …. I called for a rescue ….. [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] came for help then approved to continue playing knowing that I’m already disqualified but the point for me was rather gaining more experience ….. in 10 mins time I crossed 3 points off my list while enroute to 4th point [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] called cut off time.

On way to meeting point I got stuck AGAIN 😅
[mention]Solmaz[/mention] came to rescue then we headed out to the meeting point.

For me the experience was unprecedented by all means. Really loved it and wouldn't hesitate to give it another go if I got the chance.

Thank you for ALMOST4X4 family for a great day and experience

See you in sand
Till then keep safe

Cheers
@AMounir

Panthera pardus
Rashidjass
Marshal
Marshal

[
Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush
Mabubaker
Marshal
Marshal

For me, it was the first solo in the desert especially in such area. thumbsup I consider this as a new chapter in my desert offroading and thanks to Almost4x4 for giving us such an opportunity.
After a breif by [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] and [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention], we all lined up. The scene was selected carefully that we are in flat area "sabkha" and in front of us are the dunes hiding alot of uncertainty. Adrenaline heated up and the countdown toward my turn is approaching.

When its my turn, I was ready with the coordinates of my checkpoints saved into the Montana, headed to the entry point and while on the crest, [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] shouted... STOP :shock: .. I stoped where I am sure I am not going to get stuck.. A very good test on reactions indeed... thumbsup

Someone came out of no where, and gave me an egg! wtfsmilie And askes me to take care of it.. Never thought of a better place than my coffee cup to put it in.. grin

Then I started rolling into the desert, I tried to practice some side cresting, and driving on top of the crest, thanks to the Sun and Sand drive..

After finishing the 5 checkpoints, I was heading to the exit, and decided to take a longer route to avoid the traffic and enjoy some virgin dunes. It took me from there about 10 minutes to reach the exit. Attached is my track.

So I reached the exit, the coffee still tastes good,,, so egg is safe... graffiti

Finally, we gathered for a barbecue, lead my the master [mention]giorgio[/mention], so a perfect closing for great day.

See you in sand..
Thanks,
M Abubaker
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almoster!!

Firstly I wanna give an enormous KUDOS to [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] and other organizers, like [mention]Solmaz[/mention] , [mention]Agalon[/mention] , [mention]Daggerfall[/mention], [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention], [mention]Booy[/mention] and [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] ! There is a lot of work to have everything running so smooth!

This was my first EIB helping on the organization, not running through the dunes have a nice day

Me, [mention]Yoghybear[/mention] and [mention]James[/mention] were sitting on Point 4, on the top of a Dune and have a very good view from the challengers. We had great chitchat while receiving, one by one, the participants.

I was truly impressed by the evolution of the newbies! The area is close to Fri, 13th drive, where many of the challenges were struggling to follow the track on a big convoy and... 2 z Z 2 z Z 2 z Z now they were navigating by themselves, doing front and side crests. Finding the spots using GPS... this is impressive!

The system to develop the driver's skills at Almost4x4 is working finely, and although not all evolve at the same pace or have the patience to work on it, it is working like a charm... and EIB is a very good drive to check how you are doing!!!

Ohh... EIB is also the first time in Almost4x4 that you are by yourself... ORLY ORLY ORLY ORLY and this will happen again on intermediate challenges, like Solo BAT brigade.baka-wolf.com brigade.baka-wolf.com brigade.baka-wolf.com but you will know when you are there!!

Anyway... I am very proud of being part of this family and seeing how good the challengers got in just a few drives with Almost!

Thank you for our Chief-cook [mention]giorgio[/mention] for feeding us, it was gorgeous!!
kareem.alameldin
Advance
Advance

Well... Everyone who participated knows what happened to me by now, but i guess that report is for anyone who wasn't there,

The main lesson for me was that there is a big difference between navigating an area relaxed with no rush or pressure, and doing the same area under the pressure you face that day, Mike Tyson said it best when he said "everyone has a plan till they get punshed in the face", well... I agree 100%...

I planned to surf the top of the dunes, putting as less beating to my car as i could, take my time and finish safely, i got called as the second car to enter the playground after @batfink and i got crested!! My fault 100% and trust me, i haven't stopped thinking about that moment since it happened, im even dreaming about it for 2 nights now.. i guess I'm going crazy...

Thanks to my brother Dahshan, he pulled me and i went berzerk afterwards, i just took straight lines from point to point, straight crests, side crests, with or against the wind, i just didn't care, i wanted to make up the lost time by any means, i finished and what a relief to see the end point,

Events like that shows a lot of everyone's character, and what an eye opener it was!

I don't think that saying thanks to the organizers do them justice, but it's the least we could do, so thanks to anyone who made that event possible, it brought up so much joy and I havent felt that competition rush in years, i certainly have missed it, this is why you managed to make our club the best in the business.