Meat & Greet Camp

giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Meat and Greet Camp

This is my second year attending the meat and greet camp and in comparison to last years, i will say that this one was superior.

I arrived to the meeting point 45 min earlier just to find the meeting point full of cars

For a moment i was confused as I saw that I was not familiar with any of the cars or drivers stationed at the meeting point, but i had to trust my Garmin which was telling me that this was the assigned destination.

Soon enough familiar people started to arrive all exited for the camp and the good food that was supposed to follow.

The road to the camp site was mostly easy with just few dunes to cross at the end, so all of us arrived with no surprises.

Upon arrival and with no time to waste the camp fire was established and all members settled in a big circle around it.

The competitors arrange their cooking equipment and soon enough the smell of food filed the air.

From what i remember there were more than 6 cooking stations, although i do not know who out of the 6 were competing and who was cooking for fun.

The event took place under clear skies with a mild fresh cool wind keeping us company the entire evening. The fire was not anymore just a mood element but it served its purpose as a shelter for the ones felt the cold more than others. Officially the winter is here.

What i love the most in these club events is that most of the members, include their entire families, from kids to grand-parents. This atmosphere makes you feel home. Makes you feel that indeed Almost 4-4 is a second family to all of us.

As the time was going by, the food started to appear and plates with delicious food was circulating around the camp.

The dishes that i was most impressed was the Picania from [mention]presa[/mention] and the grilled salmon form [mention]haider alnuaimi[/mention] who i do know that was competing.

[mention]presa[/mention] now that i know your grilling skills there is no place that you can hide. In the future do not play the innocent traveler, i want to see more of what you did and how you did it.

[mention]haider alnuaimi[/mention] this Salmon that you prepared was hands down the best Salmon that i ever had. Full of flavor and so juicy that my wife had to restrict me from asking for a second portion (something the she herself regraded just couple of hours later).

Put aside the tasty food, what was most impressive was the presentation of the food from the participants.

[mention]haider alnuaimi[/mention] presented his dish on a Christmas theme style. The table was covered with a white tablecloth providing a neutral background font for the decoration to stand out as match possible. The chef has chosen to present his master piece on a Christmas theme. Strategically he position Christmas lights running around and between the Champagne style long neck glasses full with orange-juice complementing the pink fresh served Salmon and in the hurt of the table he had the most important display of his master piece. A sign of a hurt saying ALMOST 4x4.
[mention]haider alnuaimi[/mention] irrelevant to the end results of the competition for me you are the king of the grill hands down. I will give you 10+ all the way. Job well done. You exited every expectations.

Now moving to another station I would say that it was more of a Desert catering company for an outdoor event rather than an Almost 4x4 camp. The chefs were preparing a full 7* course. Including everything from entry dish to desert on a particular well done hotel style presentation using state of the art equipment for the preparation and presentation. Needless to say that the quantity prepared was more than enough to feed the entire camp and still have left over to take home.

The last station which i visited was a more simple set up. There you could find an all you can eat style buffet sampling lamp chops, grilled Salmon, chicken kebabs @ shisha for those that had an appetite for it. The host of the buffet was no other than our beloved (don't get that exited here i am just trying to be nice) @mohanad with the support of @mosh on the cooking.

Closing this long report I would like to congratulate everyone for the efforts to create such an unforgettable evening that we all going to remember and talk about for years to come.

Special thanks to @abujimmy for organizing the event (we can always count on you) and to all the members that attended.

P.S @petr dude strawberries and grapes on a feast like that one had no place other than breakfast time.

Until next time be safe and I will see you all soon.
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
Youssef.Abdelhady
Advance
Advance

Hello Almosters,

I arrived around an hour early to meeting time cause I left straight from work, and still found 3 or 4 cars already at meeting point.
Around 9:30 we were a huge gathering and started heading towards the camping point.

We reached with no issues and then once we were settled, everyone started their grills. Some groups even brought a spaceship / satellite looking grill which I found very interesting. ORLY

I was fortunate to have tried some of [mention]presa[/mention] grill and [mention]haider alnuaimi[/mention] salmon and shrimps. Both were really delicious.

At around 1 am I decided it was bed time and went to set up my tent. The weather was perfect so I was able to fall asleep right away. Unfortunately at around 2:30 am I was woken up by the very noisy drivers leaving camp.

It was a great event and looking forward to the future ones. grin
Good Things Come To Those Who Floor It. redbullsmiley
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters... what a great event!

This is my 3rd Meat & Greet Camp.

The first one I was a competitor, with just a few drives in the club I enjoyed the friendly and family environment and had great fun meeting all the new faces, at the time, from the club!

The second one I remember great local lamb food and [mention]giorgio[/mention] showing his BBQ habilities...

As a Brazilian, I have a preference for Beef BBQ, so this is what I usually prepare unless there is any special requirement from our guests...

For this event, I was not competing (otherwise would be in last place TT TT TT TT TT TT ) so I just took a small piece of beef and some chicken for my daughter.

I have the chance to serve [mention]giorgio[/mention] and hope he like it!

About the competitors... come on guys you REALLY RAISED THE BAR!!!

The food was delicious, the presentation from [mention]haider alnuaimi[/mention] made me think that there was a preview of the club anniversary!!!

Some other competitors were doing a full course meal!! I went to sleep before that, since I was with the kid and she was tired, but from the pictures, it was a great success!!

[mention]Mohammad[/mention] did great with Lamb and reviews were excelent for his food!

Most of all is always great to be among friends! Thank you [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] for organizing this event and camp!
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Almosters.

It was after 6 months, I attended a club event. And as always it was a warm welcome from the second family.

There were good, delicious food with wonderful presentation. I think all the participants deserve a credit for their dedication. Some went home with heavy gifts, Well Done !!!

Thanks [mention]presa[/mention] for the nice steak and [mention]mohannad[/mention] for the lamb chops.

It was good see everyone once again, catch up with what I have missed so far.

PS: [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] you forgot to tell me about the liwa story. Next Time ???

Until the next camp.

Cheers
RB
R.B