Where the Streets have no name

DustnGlory

Coming back to the sand after a break was exciting. Had the pleasure of meeting a senior member [mention]Mark B[/mention] at the meeting point. Thanks to the organizer [mention]JockJKU[/mention] for this drive. I was part of the 5+ convoy lead by [mention]Solmaz[/mention] and supported by [mention]Petr[/mention] and [mention]rapailo[/mention], [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] , [mention]Agalon[/mention] and [mention]JockJKU[/mention] floating and [mention]Ghanem[/mention] bringing up the rear. I left my flag back home and so had to retain my usual place in the convoy - just before the sweep grin

The track was a technical one and we had a pop out within the first few minutes. Bu Salem showed us the right position for the valve during inflation and also gave a useful tip on what to do when alone and the valve is temporarily misplaced. Once the popout was fixed we continued the track and before long we were summoned by the founder for a quick refresher - keep your distance (20 metres) or else you won't be able to drive smooth and will not have enough time to react when required. Also, during a descent keep your wheels straight and turn only once you reach the bottom. These are things that have been told many times, but sometimes get overlooked. Its good to be reminded time and again.

There were some second tries and recoveries as usual and as we came close to the end of the drive the convoy was split with the first half continuing with Solmaz and 4-5 of us in the back being led by Bu Salem on a different route owing to the time. Thats when [mention]AbdulRahman[/mention] and I had a second try and we heard Bu Salem on the radio going "Second try! We didn't do anything!!" pacman . We finally made it back to the tarmac a few minutes later than expected.

Thank you founder, organizer, advance and intermediate brothers and sisters for yet another fun day in Al Faqqa. TIll me meet again...
Jithin AKA Dust'nGlory

Drives an FJ = Silver Surfer =
Mit7at

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for being late to post but got busy playingsmiley . We met on Friday I reached around 7:35 am and immediately started deflating my tires and we waited till everyone grouped up and then [mention]JockJKU[/mention] split up the convoys. I was [mention]Solmaz[/mention] convoy and as usual I love driving in her convoy. We started off with a few hills to climb and a few drops and then we started going on the arches and it was a wonderful experience. I loved the speedy rhythm we were in although we still have a long way to reach the higher levels in terms of speed. Everything was fine until we had to split up the convoy and we took the main exit where we ended the drive. Thanks again to almost4x4 for another splendid drive and everyone who made it possible.
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

Season is really going nice however, weather still not helping us in the morning drives. It was a classical morning drive to the meeting point with a surprise and his name was [mention]Mark B[/mention] , it was very nice to see you..!

The drive started smoothly, however felt the need just after a couple of KMs to do a briefing once more to remind the drivers some safety rules.

Some takeaways;
1) Always listen instructions and do not rush
2) Report the second tries clearly, no shame to be known that you are. On the contrary, others will not be under risk
3) Mention your name or car model/color while you are giving clearence
4) Arcs are not to showoff but to practice side slooping for your future drives in higher levels

The drive was tuned and went on without problems after the straight briefing by [mention]Booy[/mention] and almost all drivers followed very well.

Thanks to [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for the lead and all support team for great help.

We are all chging but the ones who improve will survive.

See you on the sand

Barish
rapailo
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters,

I came to this drive a bit earlier as I wanted to visit camp site also. It was my first drive with FJ so I also wanted to feel it a bit on the send before actually hitting dunes properly.

At the camp side I met a lot of new members, or at least once that I didn't met before along with well known faces, [mention]JockJKU[/mention] [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] [mention]Booy[/mention] [mention]Johanna[/mention] [mention]presa[/mention] with family. After [mention]Booy[/mention] checked my car we were ready to go to meeting point. At meeting point I saw [mention]Mark B[/mention]. Last time I saw him was December 2016 when I joined the club. It was mine first and his last drive. In fact the drive was called Mark is the star. So people are coming back to ALMOST 4x4 even years after.

Very soon we all were aligned and ready to follow [mention]Solmaz[/mention]. This area is very close to last year eggs in the basket area. s was under impression that it will quite technical drive. It was a nice drive with mix of small and mid size dunes. As an intermediate I had 2 rescues which I really liked.

By the end of the drive [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] splited the convoy in to to make it easier and to finis on time as there was an evening drive also.

It was an amazing drive once again and thanks to all people making this possible.
Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want
Batfink

Hello all,
This was my first drive with Almost4x4 and thanks to [mention]alshamsi[/mention] and [mention]JockJKU[/mention] for accepting me on the trip.
When I arrived at the meeting point it was so nice to meet the friendly and welcoming Almost4x4 family.

Time to rock and roll - the group was split very efficiently in to two convoys and I was placed in [mention]Solmaz[/mention] 's convey in position 4. It was a blast following [mention]Solmaz[/mention] , the track was great fun with a combination of tight technical terrain and fast roller coaster side slopes, which meant keeping well focused on what was coming up ahead.
Early in the drive we had a pop out on a Patrol and I was super impressed to see how Team Almost sprung in to action to fix the pop out. Learnt some great tips and tricks from [mention]alshamsi[/mention] during the pop out fix - how to balance the car by digging from under the opposite wheel, valve cap to stop the air escaping while you hunt a replacement valve pin, position of the valve during inflation, and the best tip............a group YAAY when we hear the tire bead POP. :D
Things went fairly smooth up at the front of the looooong convoy but I could hear on the radio there were some challenges going on further back, probably due to the churned up sand. Nevertheless the challenges were handled very efficiently and soon we would be rocking a rolling to Where The Streets Have No Names!

Thank you to [mention]Solmaz[/mention] for completing my tool check, look forward to my first star and many more in the future.

Thank you to all for a wonderful morning in the sand.
Look forward to seeing you all again soon. thumbsup
Youssef.Abdelhady
Advance
Advance

Hello Almosters,

Few of us had camped the night before, so after a quick morning chitchat and some breakfast shared by [mention]presa[/mention] family, we went to the meeting point which was 5 mins away.

Its always nice to see such a big turn up of drivers. We were split into two convoy's and I was supporting in [mention]Solmaz[/mention] convoy.

I think the track was great. We had several second tries, but this means the drivers were learning more and being pushed to their limits. (A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor thumbsup ).

Thanks for the great drive and see you all soon.
Good Things Come To Those Who Floor It. redbullsmiley
Christiaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Good day all.

Ass always it was again a wonderful morning drive. The weather was very nice and upon arrival at the meeting point I was once again greeted by all the welcoming faces.

Tires let down and flags installed we started our drive. I was in the convoy where [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] led our convoy and [mention]presa[/mention] and family in second lead. [mention]giorgio[/mention] was sweeping behind with the Titanic as he names it and [mention]Barish[/mention] allways being there to help in a sticky situation. It was something different seeing [mention]Booy[/mention] around every corner in [mention]Johanna[/mention] `s Nissan. But seems like he enjoyed it as his FJ was getting some TLC.

Mid drive briefing emphasized again that Almost 4x4 is all about safety and enjoying it. And I can truly say that every drive I feel so safe and the enjoyment is to the most.
Thanks for a wonderful drive again. It was my first time in this area and I enjoyed it allot.
See you all in the sand again.
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

First, thanks [mention]JockJKU[/mention] for allowing me to hop in at the last minute. Much appreciate it.

After the camp previous night, some of us gathered for breakfast and then met at the meeting point. It was good to see everyone once again and such a large number of drivers. And so may jeeps !!! it looks like Jeeps are going to take over the club again.

Anyway, there were two convoys; 5- and 5+. I was to help with recovery in 5- group lead by [mention]Daggerfall[/mention]. The drive was really good, not that fast, but good maneuvers and techniques for the beginners to learn, in small to medium dunes. We had a few stucks , second tries, etc.. all part of the game.

I am not an expert, but a few points I observed with the experience I have;
    You may be an experienced driver, but when you are in an almost convoy, the convoy rule applies. You have to drive to that level.
      Don't try to deviate from the original track to try new things. Lead marshal already decide a track for all following cars.
        Keep the distance.
          Bring a radio and USE it when required.

All in all, it was a great drive and we finished the drive around mid-day.

Special mention: It was good see [mention]Mark B[/mention] and I was surprised he was driving a Xterra after he has been through with a similar one sometimes back. (not his car) Lol. Good see you [mention]Mark B[/mention]. Hoping to see you again.

Cheers
          RB
          R.B
          AMounir
          Intermediate
          Intermediate

Well it's better late than never 😁

I guess all was said and done …. However let me put my point of view

It was fantastic felt like EIB practice

I enjoyed a lot …. Thank you [mention]Solmaz[/mention] for leading our convoy, organizers for such a great drive

Cheers
          @AMounir

Panthera pardus