November Stars

Phoenix
Crew
Crew

This was Outlaw’s first official drive after the big bang and I am so glad I did it. I never thought that I would learn so much about my car in one single drive as much as I did in this one. New suspensions, bushings and new gearbox make everything so different. No more rattling noises no more power deliveries with a jerk! Everything was smooth and silent, since I am used to all the noise and jerkiness of Outlaw’s temper tantrums, I was very skeptical throughout the whole drive and would drive with my ears on full alert trying to catch anything new. To my much-awaited satisfaction, Outlaw did not bat an eye.

It was a wonderful morning with beautiful weather and lovely people, old member and new members. I was so excited to see all the new members that I tried to talk to all of them and welcomed them in our club, if I missed any one of you guys then I apologize.

It does not matter what level you drive, every time there is a briefing you will either learn from it or brush on to stuff that you forgot. Especially if there is a second briefing mid drive by [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] after he has seen you drive. Therefore, I hope all the new drivers learned from him because I know I do every time he talks about off-roading.

Again a big welcome to all new drivers in our family, get your tool inspection done fast yuush

See you all in the sand.

PS : I am not Admin grin
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

Although the season has kicked in I was surprised to see the convoy get filled not as much as the usual so thought maybe because we could announce by email to all our Club Member due to the server issues. On the other hand I found only 50% showed up for the event which I consider a lost for the people who didn't turn out.

As you all know that our C.M drive for upgrade happens every 6 - 8 weeks so if you miss this one it will take you a long time to enjoy the adventure with our company during the cool weather.

[mention]Solmaz[/mention] did an amazing job of organising, breifing and managing the event as a Pro. although she is still an Explorer .

We had a very good track to the Fossil Rock where members had the chance to learn their car and tackle the dunes.

We had great time with you and congratulations for the new STARS and looking forward to see you in Meet & Greet Camp or the NEXT day morning dr9.

Till next time we meet, stay safe and keep the sand flying.

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everybody,

while other people may like to sleep long on the weekend, I have no issues to get up early in the morning on our drive days. This morning I woke up at 4am, my first thought was yaaay, it’s drive day and so I arrived first at the meeting point at 7am.
As [mention]Phoenix[/mention] mentioned, it’s amazing to see all the cars arriving, the happiness to meet your friends and the excitement to play in the sand- regardless the level of drive.
[mention]Solmaz[/mention] did a great job giving the briefing to our new drivers 👍🏻 and we started with 3 convoys. As around 50% of the registered drivers did not show up, we had a VIP convoy with only 4 Club Members lead by [mention]Daggerfall[/mention]. Everyone did well and beside a few stuck situations the convoy flow nicely up to fossil rock.

I hope all our new drivers enjoyed the morning as much as I did and congratulations to the ones who got their first star!
And whoever has not completed the tool check, hurry up, we have a great weekend ahead with a camp on Thursday and a drive for our new Newbies Friday morning.

Looking forward to see you all Thursday at the camp 😃
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
arun

Hi everyone

This drive was my first experience off-road. Honestly, I started with so much fear and doubts in mind. Thanks to all the kind hearts and their support which made the drive an amazing experience filled with loads of excitement and learning.

With the Tools arrangement done, hoping to learn more about the ways of Sand in the drives to come.

See ya soon.
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hey Almosters!

Was a great drive! Many new faces, some with experience, some at first time in desert and, from what I say at the end, everyone enjoyed it!

Thank you for the organizers to make this happen and welcome to all new Almosters!
Mohanad
Crew
Crew

i always like to attend the club member drives for so many reasons:

1- meet the new members and socialize with them.
2- remember my first days in the desert and the fear i had.
3- supporting such big convoys as a way to show my gratitude to this amazing club.

the weather was perfect in the morning and then it became windy. it was my first time to bring my son to a drive so i was a bit nervous and i asked [mention]Booy[/mention] to give me the sweeping position to be a bit relaxed in case my son gave me trouble. well, many of you saw that the little boy did not like the sand, but he was enjoying the drive and the sound of the roaring engine grin

as [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] mentioned, do not miss the meat & greet camp/night this coming thursday. there will be a lot of yummy food and a lot of stories to tell.
If you Hesitate, Accelerate !
Adrian

Dear All,
Short note to say a big thank you to all of you who gave up your free time to show us newcomers the ropes. It was very much appreciated. The whole thing was very professionally organised and lead. I was shown a few things I didn't know before about my car (FJ - how to properly disable various driver assistance functions). Although I didn't mess up on this first trip it was reassuring to see the patient way the marshalls helped out those who did have problems so I know that when I inevitably make a hash of something on a future trip it will not be a big deal so no need to get stressed about it. Once again thank you to all of you for making it such an enjoyable trip.
Adrian
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Everybody

Welcome to the Almost4x4 family!

It was a beautiful day as usual . Delicious cookies and Karak served by [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] , new excited faces around with the usual suspects grin and beautiful weather at Sharjah desert!.

Thanks to [mention]Solmaz[/mention] for the great introduction to offroading in the desert. After the briefing we distributed the convoys and started rolling.

I was leading the 3rd Convoy. Our convoy was the VIP convoy so we didn't struggle too much on the way . Only few stucks we had to create in order to demonstrate how to do recovery grin

Everyone did well in general and after enjoying the view at the top of the fossil rock we went out.

Thanks to all organized , supported and participated and I suggest our new members to complete their tools check and get their first star to join the upcoming trip dedicated for them.

See you all soon

Regards
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

As always, it was great to see so many new faces, and so many big smiles after the first sand experience of our new family members.

We stuck to our plan to have 3 convoys, and it secured some very VIP seats for everyone. We kept the convoys small such that all the new members could have maximum benefit from this drive.

Well done to everyone who finished this drive, and hopefully we will see some new sand addicts joining us in future drives.

Get your tools finalized, get your newbie star, and join us this coming Friday for your first Newbie drive.

See you in the sand soon.

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to your second family!

As usual, the day started with [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] famous karak and coffee :P . We had the welcome note and attendance by [mention]Solmaz[/mention] followed by a detailed briefing on off-roading basics.

There were 3 convoys made and I was in convoy#3 with [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] and was assigned to be the sweeper of the convoy. [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] and [mention]Agalon[/mention] were floating and [mention]Aligi[/mention] and [mention]Alyasi[/mention] positioned themselves within the convoy. Our convoy was a VIP one and I was expecting that we will reach to fossil rock before the other convoys and so did it happen. We had a very nice and smooth drive from the meeting point to the Powerline and then to the Fossil rock with few second tries and stucks; as mentioned by Daggerfall “only few stucks he had to create thumbsup ” to demonstrate recovery techniques. There were some nice drops, introduction to straight cresting and some good runs in between while tackling dunes. On the top of Fossil rock, it’s always nice to enjoy some nice views before going down the hill to end the drive at the fuel station.

I look forward to see you all in the newbie drives upon successful completion of the tools. Congrats to those who have already completed the tools and got the first STAR yuush .

Thanks to all who participated, supported and organized the trip thumbsup .

See you soon in the sand..

Cheers 8-)
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!