Pedal to the Metal II

Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters,

All the conditions were "perfect" except the desert storm XD Psmiley

At the beginning of the drive, there were too many tracks around but when we go deeper and deeper we found a lot of untouched, sharp and big dunes waiting for us to conquer.

As mentioned in the name of the drive we put the pedal to the metal for almost 3 hours and tried not to left any crest untouched in the area. We crossed them both from wind direction and against wind direction regardless of their sizes and shapes and ride our cars along the tip of the dunes from beginning to the end cool

One more time I congratulate our newly upgraded intermediates. And I am sure they also got the respect from our experienced ones since they took the heat in the front seats of the convoy for almost 3 hours brigade.baka-wolf.com

Hope you all guys enjoyed the drive and wish to see you on the next one

As always we had great support around to make sure everything went smooth and safe.

[mention]alshamsi_m[/mention]
[mention]Yoghybear[/mention]
[mention]Rashidjass[/mention]
[mention]Booy[/mention]
[mention]Solmaz[/mention]
[mention]Agalon[/mention]
[mention]Barish[/mention]

Thanks to all for the amazing support!

And all our intermediate drivers drove great and managed to keep the level high enough so we had a lot of fun!

I believe we managed to drain every single drop of energy and adrenaline from their body grin and looking forward to seeing you guys on the next adventure!
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello Everybody,

wohaa what a drive ๐Ÿ˜ Even 24 hours later I still feel the adrenaline rush...
[mention]Petr[/mention] [mention]rapailo[/mention] and me got invited to this drive for our intermediate exam.
I tried my best to focus only on the drive and not be too excited, but somehow I always had this exam situation in my mind.
Even if I have joined so many inter drives as a passenger (thank you [mention]Booy[/mention] for taking me so many times, I learned a lot) I had the feeling to drive into the unknown and I was unsure what to expect, even if the instruction were clear: all examinees had to drive as 2. lead for 10 minutes and behind the examinee a marshal. But of course the performance during the whole drive is taken into account. After we were passing the first moderate side crests I noticed that I could keep up with the speed and handle the techniques of cresting and I gained some confidence and felt less nervous. After [mention]rapailo[/mention] done very well in the Pajero it was my time to be second lead.
I was trying to keep up with [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] while [mention]rashid[/mention] was behind me. Honestly I do not remember much from this 10 minutes ๐Ÿ˜‚ I was just happy when [mention]Solmaz[/mention] said โ€žtime to change 2.leadโ€œ
During the drive we did side cresting from both sides, soft and hard. Although it was an exam situation, I had so much fun, a constantly high adrenaline level and, I admit, some oh sh**moments... especially driving on the crest was a new experience, as you have to find the right moment to go down before you get stuck on the crest with 2 tires on one side and 2 on the other side. Not the ideal position....
The last hour was hard as I was tired and exhausted and I needed all my energy to focus on the drive.
But we made it out safe and happy ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
This drive was a very intense experience for me with fantastic news later that evening ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Thank you all, I am super happy and I look forward to see you all in the sand and especially in the next inter drive! ๐Ÿ˜

And congrats to my fellows [mention]Petr[/mention] and [mention]rapailo[/mention] well deserved ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

See you all in the sand
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Firstly congrats to the new intermediates, you guys nailed it like Pros!!!

The area is a great area, where you can play on medium size dunes and do tons of side crests!

I was most of the time at the end of the convoy and [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] gave us all a huge amount of side crests from soft and hard side, snake style climbing, crest surfing... was a great day!!

At the end, I was tired from a full driving day, and a long week, and was not as sharp as possible, what lead to a 2nd and 3rd try on an easy climb. Thanks for [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] that showed me a better line to climb it.

At this point, light was almost gone and the Marshal decided to call off the drive.

My respect for the new intermediates who did great and all the Marshal and organizers who prepared this drives!
Saeed FJ
Advance
Advance

Hello Everyone

I would start with congratulate the new intermediate driver, wish you all the best

big thanks for the organizer, leader for the amazing track with unlimited side crest, and all the marshal for supporting, explorer and advance

as usual, I will leave you with the video hope you will like it.

see you on sand thumbsup
Abu Madi
yellow FJ (Bumblebee)
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Petr
Intermediate
Intermediate

Saeed FJ wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:31 pm Hello Everyone

I would start with congratulate the new intermediate driver, wish you all the best

big thanks for the organizer, leader for the amazing track with unlimited side crest, and all the marshal for supporting, explorer and advance

as usual, I will leave you with the video hope you will like it.

see you on sand thumbsup
Thank you Saeed, excellent video! It makes me feel as if I was there and driving this track again!

I haven't done that many side crests in my life until yesterday - which is usually the case for most of newbies I suppose. At the beginning I had a bit heavy foot on pedal but with every repetition I got a better feeling on what should be the approach speed and the speed at the crest, as well as the angle to take on the dune. Finally I got comfortable with different situations but I must say I enjoyed the whole drive from the beginning.

At one point when I was the second lead I got down off the dune on the other side than [mention]Daggerfall[/mention], and he called me to get back to him. There was no track to copy, which was a new situation for me, so I took the best approach I could and yippee! I side crested smoothly on the other side, rejoining the marshall and bringing the rest of the convoy. This was my private moment of pride on that day!

I am really happy that I could join [mention]Aligi[/mention], [mention]Johanna[/mention] and [mention]rapailo[/mention] in the new batch of promoted newbies. Thanks to [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for an exciting track, [mention]Rashidjass[/mention], [mention]Booy[/mention] and [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] for watching us, [mention]Solmaz[/mention] for timekeeping, [mention]Agalon[/mention] and [mention]Barish[/mention] for sweeping and and all the fellow intermediates for the company and support. I am looking forward to the next rides with you guys!
nabil_k
Advance
Advance

Hello Everyone

It was a windy Friday , we met in the afternoon and after briefing from [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] with some advice's given by him and [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] for us in general and for new examiners for how to deal with side crest in the soft side dune. as mentioned above was many trucks at the beginning of the drive which was warming up for us to move to perfect untouched dunes , the place was amazing even with sand flying over us Psmiley .
One more time congratulation for new intermediates you did well all of you and for [mention]Petr[/mention] i feel that was one point come to you that you disconnect the convoy to other side of dune , but you did very well side crest when you lead the convoy to other side and i believe that was clear the point from you thumbsup .
I like that when we start drive second lead after the examiners done their time , it was nice to be second led i really love that. arr.
Thanks [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for the amazing drive and for all marshals supporting us in this drive [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] , [mention]Yoghybear[/mention], [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] , [mention]Booy[/mention] [mention]Solmaz[/mention] and adv. [mention]Agalon[/mention] and [mention]Barish[/mention] . and thanks to everyone that make it happen .
see you all well and safe .
Nabil Almhanna
Silver FJ (SINBAD)
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

It was another traditional intermediate drive in Al Faqa area with full of site crests small to mid dunes. Weather was so nice, a standard autumn afternoon in the desert, that makes possible your windows open the whole drive..

Some second tries and small tyre problems have been the spices in the drive and all the rest was pretty well done by all intermediates.

One takeaway is continous concentration is a must to make your life easy during the drive; otherwise dont worry for the support team, we all enjoy๐Ÿ˜

One small note for McCloud: i think it is time to call him Brave Heart from now onwards.

One more big claps to the newbies of this drive, [mention]Johanna[/mention] , [mention]Petr[/mention] , [mention]rapailo[/mention] , for the upgrades to intermediate and for sure of well deserved..and to all other intermediates maintaining the momentum of the drive at the back.

I would like to remind the chg has a meaning if it has improvement in it; otherwise dont attempt to try.

Barish
rapailo
Marshal
Marshal

As you can see in previous reports i was one of lucky once to be invited for intermediate exam. I spoke to [mention]Aligi[/mention] about his exam and how he manage it. He gave me a great advise. He said just relax it is just another drive. If you take it really like that it is much more simple.

Same morning I got up and thought I have to check my car as per marshals advise. When I got under the car there was a big surprise. Oil leak and no oil in my front differential burnt . I called [mention]Booy[/mention] and informed him that I might not be able to join as I do not know who can fix it on Friday morning. Luckily one guy in Auto Pro assisted me and we got the oil back.

I reached meeting point maybe 10 minutes late but steel on time to deflate and prepare car. I saw [mention]Yoghybear[/mention] after long time and I believe that was a good sign that drive will be very nice. [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] as usual gave some great advises on how to avoid bad situations which I followed strictly. That combined with previous experience of side cresting I believe made this drive much easier. [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] asked who would like to be firs 2. lead. I thought just close your eyes and jump. So I raised my hand and very next moment we were on the way to dunes.

Drive was pretty tricky with all obstacles that will highlight weak points of each driver. it is amazing feeling to be part of such drive. Side crests were the most interesting part. Also some of the dunes were so high that we couldn't see where marshal went until you actually reach the top. I believe that those are the O S*IT on fire situations that [mention]Johanna[/mention] refers to. All was fine until I felt that my searing wheel is shaking. I thought I might have an pop out. When we stopped I realized I have lost some pressure. We quickly inflated thanks to [mention]Solmaz[/mention] But after just few meters same thing happened. That is when we realized that actually my tire has side wall puncture. We change the tire but it was late to continue the drive. Honestly I felt pretty tired .

This drive was special also because this was Pajero last drive. Now I have a new car but I feel like I have to say thanks to Pajero for being awesome car. For never letting me down and always bringing me home regardless what happened in desert. He gave me as a driver hard times following all other monster cars but still thought me so much especially IT IS THE DRIVER NOT THE CAR lesson. He is old now and it is time for him to go to retirement. 2 years in ALMOST 4x4 is enough for him.

Once more thanks to all marshals and looking forward to join more drives as soon as possible and congratulations to [mention]Johanna[/mention] and [mention]Petr[/mention] for their new stars!
Experience is what you get when you donโ€™t get what you want