Mix & Match

Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

We had a good mix of drivers yesterday, catering for all newbies.

[mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] took care of the 10+ newbies, and I made a track for the -10 members.
Al Faqa is a very interesting area where we can drive any style and level that we want to. Our convoy mainly did straight crests with some nice drops. The purpose was for everyone to practice the correct speed of climbing the dunes to have a safe and controlled cresting - not too slow to get stuck on the crest, and not too fast to avoid flying.

Very valuable lessons were learnt about radio communication, and some members got the opportunity to use 4L for the first time to get out of a bowl.

Thank you everyone who joined, and for the intermediates who supported. Special thanks to @Barish who took great care of everyone while doing the drops, ensuring everyone crossed safely.

I am looking forward to seeing you all in the sand soon - where you will find me every weekend.

Best regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
Gabor
Golden Member
Golden Member

Before I became newbee, one of my first drives was here, in Al Faqa area, as a family drive/event. So I will always remember it as a very good memory.
Now I was second lead of Booy conwoy and these old pictures refreshed. :)

After the dusty. flat area, we hit the small dunes first, then the mediums with a lot of big drops. these big drops showed why very important to give clearence report and also to listen it. Without the clearence you will not be sure, what is beyond the crest. If you are lucky, it is clear, if not, another car is in the danger zone. For your own and the others safety be responsible with it.

The track was very nice, we had only a few swcond try and one popout.
After the drive we went to a flat area for a small chit-chat, coffee and skyviewing.

Thanks to the organisers and all participants.
See you next time on the sand.
Gabor
Mob: 0561453092
AbdulRahman

This was my first drive with booy leading , what looked like a relaxed drive with a lot of straight cresting took a slightly different direction as the trip progressed

It was interesting to see the growing number of patrols upon arriving to the meeting point :)

This trip was a reminder of basics : radio communication ( and when to clear) , getting in tune with your car in terms of power and and a bit of practical application of theory

I had a popout midway and the team of intermediates were very helpful in getting us back on track in no time , it's great what a team of like minded people and a set of equipment can accomplish !

The most valuable lesson of the day was the use of low range + 2nd gear to get out of a bowl after multiple attempts in high range / low range in 1st gear , thanks for the tip [mention]Booy[/mention]

Thanks to [mention]Booy[/mention] ; [mention]Barish[/mention] and the support team for a great day out !

osman
Intermediate
Intermediate

I simply enjoyed another great drive and day. I was in a convoy led by [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] and our pace was quite high, reaching 110km/hr as max and averaging 36. Big thanks to organizers and the supporting team. See you in the next drive as long as i click fast to register!
Warning: Sand is addictive... and also the sea salt.
Mohanad
Crew
Crew

it was afternoon drive and we all felt how the weather is getting better. i was sweeping in [mention]Booy[/mention] convoy and i got the chance how the newbies were struggling in the back because of the chewed up track. it was a very good experience for the new members to learn the capabilities of their cars. it will take a lot of drives and practice till you know your car.

i would like to give a special thanks to [mention]Barish[/mention] who was there on every drop and on every second try or difficult situation giving the newbies the instructions and guiding them to pass any difficulties that they had. thank you brother, you made our life easier grin
If you Hesitate, Accelerate !
Razan

Thank you [mention]Booy[/mention] for organizing this trip.

I joined [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] convoy. At the beginning it felt like the fast and furious movie, it was great that everyone managed to catch up! It was nice track with minimum stops.

Always looking forward for more!

Regards,
Razan
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello Everyone,

I had a passenger this drive and I have not laughed so much during a drive since a long time. My colleague and her boyfriend joined, while she was with me, her boyfriend went with [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] in his Suzuki.
When I see Bu Salem in one of his Suzukis I am always alerted to expect the unexpected and to get ready for an interesting drive.
The pace was fast and everyone tried to catch up with Bu Salem who seems to have a lot of fun scaring his passenger and challenging the convoy, I saw his big smile a few times when he was close to us. During a break he gifted his passenger a club shirt for his bravery and he wore it proudly the whole Saturday. wink

We did a lot of straight crests, it felt like a rollercoaster, sometimes with a little surprise behind the crest, but the flow was super nice and except a very few second tries and one pop out our convoy faced no issues.
Me and my passenger had a really good time, we enjoyed the speed and after I saw a minor ditch too late and hit the car she just said "now I know why you are in the garage every week". But this time luckily no damages/clocked filters/mechanical issues...
It was a fantastic afternoon again and even when Bu Salems passenger was a bit motion sick after the drive, the three of us enjoyed it to the max.
Some of us sat together after the drive, enjoying the nice weather and the night sky, this is always one of the most valuable moments of the week for me, recharging my power. in love

Thanks everyone for the drive and the support.

Looking forward to see you next Friday have a nice day
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
Mohanad
Crew
Crew

Johanna wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:05 am Hello Everyone,

I had a passenger this drive and I have not laughed so much during a drive since a long time. My colleague and her boyfriend joined, while she was with me, her boyfriend went with @alshamsi_m in his Suzuki.
When I see Bu Salem in one of his Suzukis I am always alerted to expect the unexpected and to get ready for an interesting drive.
The pace was fast and everyone tried to catch up with Bu Salem who seems to have a lot of fun scaring his passenger and challenging the convoy, I saw his big smile a few times when he was close to us. During a break he gifted his passenger a club shirt for his bravery and he wore it proudly the whole Saturday. wink

We did a lot of straight crests, it felt like a rollercoaster, sometimes with a little surprise behind the crest, but the flow was super nice and except a very few second tries and one pop out our convoy faced no issues.
Me and my passenger had a really good time, we enjoyed the speed and after I saw a minor ditch too late and hit the car she just said "now I know why you are in the garage every week". But this time luckily no damages/clocked filters/mechanical issues...
It was a fantastic afternoon again and even when Bu Salems passenger was a bit motion sick after the drive, the three of us enjoyed it to the max.
Some of us sat together after the drive, enjoying the nice weather and the night sky, this is always one of the most valuable moments of the week for me, recharging my power. in love

Thanks everyone for the drive and the support.

Looking forward to see you next Friday have a nice day
when Bu Salem invited your friend to be his passenger i immediately asked him: do you have a strong stomach and he replied yes sure LOL i said to my self, this poor guy doesn't know what he got him self in to LOOOL
If you Hesitate, Accelerate !
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mohanad wrote:when Bu Salem invited your friend to be his passenger i immediately asked him: do you have a strong stomach and he replied yes sure LOL i said to my self, this poor guy doesn't know what he got him self in to LOOOL

And that´s why we had so much fun. We watched Bu Salem playing around with this little car like an ant, back and forth and over the crest... wtfsmilie

And on the same time we monitored his passengers face, getting white more and more... Psmiley
He was happy at the end, but the drive should not have taken any longer :lol:
Last edited by Phoenix on Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the Quote System
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
Petr
Intermediate
Intermediate

I had my wife with me and she said that this was the fastest drive she had experienced so far. Indeed, [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention]'s Vitara was flying like a mosquito ahead of us and we all were trying to catch up. The situation was probably made worse by driving at the end of the convoy, when I had to wait sometimes just to speed up at the very next moment to close the gap again.

We had some side cresting, a lot of straight cresting but the whole team did great and there were nearly no interruptions, except the moments of handling the boiling coolant in Bu Salem's Suzuki. Actually he succeeded to kill three things at one drive: his car, his radio and his GPS. A great achievement just for one afternoon to keep us happy thumbsup

At the end a few of us stayed to have a lovely chit chat after the sunset, watching stars and flying satellites. And even one shooting star.