Danger Zone

Barish
Marshal
Marshal

It was really nice to see the rain when i entered the sand from the gate and was dreaming of my hardtop was open and while dreaming this, i needed to stop under rain to deflate...it was amazing.

BuTais is a very challenging area with full of mid and high dunes which makes combo site crests of 2, 3, 4 site crests continously. I always believe in the adrenaline rather than climb and return back when you climb a high dune, which is always possible in this area. Long story short; our club should arrange more drives in this area.

Key takeaways from this drive;
1) Every leaking oil underneath your car is not always oil leakage:) - thanks to [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] and i owe you a tshirt..!
2) Always report your second tries
3) It is always better to get stuck or doing a second try rather than jeopardizing yourself or the convoy
4) If lead car gives clearence, all drivers to do so.
5) if [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] is around, ask for longan fruit.

Thanks to [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for orginizing a drive in this area, all support team for their contribution and drivers for their whole day efforts and focus.

Always remember to improve while you are changing..!

Barish
SINGH
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi All,
Sorry for writing my trip report so late. Got loaded with work schedule post the drive day.
Well, nothing is left for me to add on as the highlights of day are detailed in all the above reports from our fellow almosters.

It was a great day in sand and the area was very well selected for the name of that drive. That was really a danger zone, where no margin of error gets excused. Yes, the dunes were big and the arches were looking smooth, until one tries to climb on them.

Loads of praise to the leading marshal Daggerfall for carving the tracks to be followed on those dunes. These kinds of far end terrains, where our marshals take us to, irrespective of the level of the drive, nature always asks us to stick to the basics. Those set of rules which we all had learned and practiced so many times during various levels of drives. All the intermediate drivers have done well by following the right lines and their reports tells the kind of enjoyment they had.

I was honored to have Rashidjass as my passenger, which had given me a sense of responsibility that a Marshal has showed his trust in me. As always, enjoyed his company to the max.

Thanks again to Daggerfall for organising this trip and to all the Marshall's and support team for making this a successful trip. Special praise to all the intermediates for coping with the level of this drive, as you guys were one of the main contributor to its success.

Regards
Singh.