Weekend Warriors

Mit7at

First i would like to start off by saying thank you to everyone who's making these trips and arranging them. Now to start the trip report the trip was amazing as always, I personally learned a lot from today starting from the chit chat between memebers to the drive itself. Everyone is as helpful and supportive as always incase anyone needs help or they just want to ask a question (in my case i had a lot of questions).
Chris Rothmann

Again a great way to start the day in good company. Thanks for a all the organizers and especially Solmaz who lead our convoy with great support from Ziad, Daggarfall, Barish, Gabor.

Best and hope to see soon again,

Chris
Isfand
Intermediate
Intermediate

A foggy morning means winter is coming! An hours drive to the meeting point with all my windows open meant I could enjoy the pre-winter mornings with views of hot air baloons going up in the sky. You know waking up at 5 am was Double the worth now.

Get down to the meeting point to find the gates that open up if you drive to them. (That was new)

Lined up to deflate, put up the flag, remove my ABS fuse and then go say hi to everyone. This was a 5+ drive after like 3 weeks i think. Returning and seeing similar faces after this long almost feels like returning to school after summer. “Your car looks different, what mods did you get? Did you go on any private drives and mod the skills too?”

The briefing started at 7:30am. [mention]Solmaz[/mention] took attendance and split the groups and reminded us all again. Do not fight gravity. Gravity is a friend that gets angry very quickly.

The cars lined up and i decided to be a back bencher today. I got the most abused track but then had the most fun. Plus you can see how most recoveries are done. Especially if you want to see what [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] called “Rescue the Rescue”

The track started out to be very technical which slowly picked up in pace. [mention]Solmaz[/mention] made us go sideways on dunes one by one! That was fun.
We then stopped for a 15 minute break where somebody noticed that my rear tire was completely flat. I am still wondering how did that happen but Thanks [mention]Gabor[/mention] at least an inflate in time saved the pop out!
We were told to check our tire pressures regularly and make it a habit.

As the drive continued the weather started to take a toll now. It was getting hot which was a reminder that our friend “Summer” had not yet left and not quite let “Winter” take its place. The windows were closed and the AC was switched on but the drive still continued and Now faster than ever.

The drive ended close to the meeting point around 10:30am. Some left to inflate at a close by petrol station while i stayed there to inflate with my compressor. I have to justify the ROI on it you're kidding, right

Once again thank you for an amazing drive to everyone! Looking forward to more soon. 3 away from 10+
Every drive is different and i always learn so much!
waseem.mushif

A Kickstart drive for this season. I was in the second convoy (5-) and its my first drive in this area, considering the best experience ever, hope to be back soon.

The drive level was fast and a bit technical. Marshal and leaders were very cooperative and helped us to understand the basis of Dune wall climbing and maintaining the right torque upto.

Convey had some stuck recoveries and very few second tries.

Thanks to the marshals and crew for all their support and such an amazing drive.
Best Regards,

Waseem M. Siddiqui
Cell# +971 50 4613825
(Almost ID: waseem.mushif)
Thiago
Intermediate
Intermediate

Once again thank you so much for this trip.
I really like the location and the track that we used, perfect combination for our technics improvement. Than you [mention]JockJKU[/mention] for the guidance to help me improve my Jeep and I’m happy with my all the changes.
[mention]Solmaz[/mention] did such a great job leading us safely tru all that beautiful desert and all the floaters for always been there.
For every one involved to make those trips happen I just want to say that I really appreciate your time and generosity to make us be a better off-roader.
Thank you sooooooo much.
See you next time.
White JK Rubicon
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

It was another cooler morning, reached to meeting point together with [mention]Serkan[/mention].

Lessons learnt from this drive was to give clearence and wait for the clearence. Flat grounds are opportunities to close the gaps. Dont slowdown while pulling during rescue and struggling in a mess is always better than following the wrong track which may cause you to damage your car.

It was a good lead by [mention]Solmaz[/mention] and all drivers made it. Thanks to support team for all help and the opportunity for trying "rescue the rescue" grin

Support your chg with improvement if u want to be better.

Barish
Serkan

It was really good day and well organised event. There were challenges at the track that made it enjoyable and good practises...thanks [mention]Solmaz[/mention]
Support team were also excellent, [mention]Barish[/mention] was everywhere, [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] likewise...and the others...

Thanks all of you who Organised, supported and joined.

See you in next 5+ drive

Thanks & Regards
Serkan
Following is the easiest way. More importantly, what really matters is How to Lead
Willie Viljoen

Dear all,

My sincere appreciation for a well organized drive during the weekend. It was well lead by Solmaz supported by Diaz, Daggerfall, and Barish. The drive was fast and every now and then stopped for second tries (I had three due to misjudgment) but I am there to learn and therefore the drive was just that, a learning curve and enjoyment.

Thank you all who has join the drive sharing the enjoyment of the dessert in a 4x4

See you all next time in the sand. I am already looking forward to the drive!

Cheers
Willie
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

It was so good to be back in the sand, and seeing new additions to our Almost 4x4 family, after being away for more than a month on an extended business trip.

Thank you @Solmaz and @Jock_JKU for leading the two convoys.

I was with @Jock_JKU and was floating around the convoy. I took on a passenger halfway through the drive, and she got to taste a bit of higher level driving and rescues. She survived to tell the story...

We had many stucks and second tries, but this is the right environment and the right level to get stuck and to try again and again until you know how to cross at a safe speed. The second half of the drive was flowing well as @Jock_JKU introduced us to safari style driving, and minimized and straight crests.

It was a great morning in the desert, and I am looking forward to seeing everyone in the sand again soon.

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
Gabor
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi Everyone!
I don't want repeat the stories, only shortly, it was a very good job from every drivers.
Thanks for the good track for [mention]Solmaz[/mention] and for support [mention]zico[/mention] , [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] and [mention]Barish[/mention] .

And it is really fun when the rescue needs a rescue grin
Gabor
Mob: 0561453092