One Tyre In Air

Kals
Intermediate
Intermediate

This is my second trip to Sweihan!

It was beautiful, the weather started off being a bit too had but reached pleasantly breezy towards the end of the drive.

The track began with a technical bit and then opened up to bigger dune and higher climbs! Was a very safari styled drive with a few issues throughout the convoy. We had a couple of stucks, a pop out and a car overheating. At tend one of the jeeps had broken their sway bar so we all huddled around to fix it up!

Overall a very lovely trip and Iโ€™m super excited for the next one!
Truck driver
Oversized man child
Red GMC aka The Juggernaut killzonesmiley
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi everybody,

it was a long day in Sweihan. I joined the morning drive as a passenger and left my home 5:30 am.

When our 10+ drive started, I was already tired. But not for long, as I noticed that something is wrong with the car after the first dunes. The car had no power at all, I had difficulties to overcome even small obstacles and the temperature gauge reached the maximum.
So we stopped and checked the airfilter which was full of sand. So one of my next investments will be a snorkel. Thank you [mention]Agalon[/mention] [mention]Issa[/mention] [mention]Yazan Ali[/mention] for the help ๐Ÿค—
The cleaning solved the problem, I enjoyed the full Nissan-power and the temperature stayed within limits. Luckily this happened in the beginning so I could enjoy the drive without any issues ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The first area we crossed was technical with smaller dunes. We were driving towards Naqla dune and the dunes became bigger and bigger as [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] promised in his briefing. He also said that itโ€™s gonna be a tough drive where our skills got tested under marshals surveillance.
I love driving the big dunes, high climbs and arches and big drops, we even had some easy side crests ๐Ÿ˜ I had super fun and faced no difficulties ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
The convoy did well, we had the usual second tries, one pop out and a few stucks, but a nice flow and good speed in general.
When we reached Naqla, we had a nice climb-arch-drop combination, a perfect opportunity to test the car and the skills we learned so far. Finding the right moment of accelerating and slowing down, as well as the right moment to turn down and how to stabilize the car on a drop.
We spent some time there to fix a Jeeps axle after a jump and to give inters and advanced some playtime.
Turns out that everyone was tired so we decided to drive back to the road and we finished the drive with the sunset ๐Ÿ˜
It was a great drive a fantastic day in beautiful Sweihan, thanks everyone for this! ๐Ÿ˜Š

BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters!

It was a looong day in the desert.

We started a little bit technical then we targeted the big dunes. I really enjoyed looking back and watching the convoy dancing on the big dunes. Unfortunately, no camera can capture these moments, you have to live it.

Everybody did well in general and the convoy moved smoothly, Technically it was not a challenging drive. The purpose was to exercise driving at high dunes and keeping momentum at climbs, controlling the speed at the big drops and enjoy the sunset grin

Thanks to all supported and participated. Special thanks to [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] for deciding to join us and [mention]Agalon[/mention] for fixing the jeep! (You become a mechanic when you own a jeep you're kidding, right )

It was a lovely afternoon and looking forward to the next adventure!

See you!
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Mabubaker
Marshal
Marshal

In love with the big dunes in love ..

One of the best drives,, The journey to Nagra with [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] started by a quick breif about what to expect on the way...

Entered the sand on a technical area with some tricky spots... It was all about manoeuvring the twists of the dunes to find the best way forwar.

Part 2 began, dunes became higher, went through several climbs and a couple of relatively long drops,,, until we reached Al Nagra,,, [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] had a quick ckeck on the best steps that suits the newbie convoy to climb Al Nagra,, we all followed and I believe all were successful.

After Nagra, we had a quick rest while some Jeep related issue is being taken care of.

Then we went back to the road with a big hope 5gqt we will vet back to Swihan soon..

Did I miss something???? Oh ya..I had to kiss Sweihan goodbye by a quick pop out thumbsup ..

Thanks [mention]kareem.alameldin[/mention], [mention]Issa[/mention] [mention]Yazan Ali[/mention] and [mention]Zaidng[/mention] for the help.

Thanks Thanks to all marshals, advanced and inters for the support!

See you in Liwa..
Thanks,
M. Abubaker
Issa
Advance
Advance

Moving on from the morning intermediates trip, and after lunch, I went to the meeting point to find other morning drivers having a power nap to continue the excitement as Marshall @daggerfall promised the newbies that it's going to be a tough drive to test their skills.

The drive was a mix of technical dunes, arches, and big drops with some sort of side cresting.

All in all newbies did a great job with expected second tries and sticks... and one popout.

At the end of the drive we had one jeep with a broken part... thanks @agalon for the support in sorting out the issue

Thanks @daggerfall for organizing this trip
All support team, crew ,and intermediates.

Until the next time,
See you in sand โœŒโœŒ
Mohanad
Crew
Crew

it was a nice drive with a mix of everything. the best part of the drive is when [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] lead us between two long chains of med size dunes so we were climbing and going down in a very nice momentum.
it was good to have a drive with very little stops. i think we had to use the rope only once which is really good.

thanks to all the (non newbie) drivers who stayed till afternoon drive to support this convoy. it was a hot day and it was clear that you all were tired by the end of the day.
If you Hesitate, Accelerate !
Razan

Thank you [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for this thrilling track. I enjoyed the high dunes we climbed. I think I was smiling the whole 3 hours of the drive.

I used the crawling option for the very first time since i got my car and I loved It !!!! thank [mention]Solmaz[/mention] for your tips :)

Looking forward for more!

Thanks.
Razan
mquadros

It was another super drive and I really enjoyed the speed and heights we achieved. I could again learn a lot and get more comfortable with that kind of safari style drive at that speed/height. My Jeep breaking at the end was a bummer and my colleagues were deprived from maybe doing a few more turns in that last taller dune.

I cannot thank enough [mention]Agalon[/mention] for solving the issue and removing the sway bar. Solmaz was also very helpful and the other colleague who had an additional 21 spanner.

Thanks also to [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] and other marshals and intermediaries who supported the drive. As I told him the 75 min battle to get a slot in the convoy was worth every second.

As I had to replace and fix the sway bar I took the chance to replace the entire suspension of the car.
No longer an old/stock set-up and hence I am looking forward the next drive to test and enjoy the new arrangement.

As usual I was able to take a few pictures from the beautiful UAE desert.

Cheers,

Mquadros
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

I was looking forward to the trip, because I had some friends from South Africa visiting & wanted to show them the beautiful dunes in Sweihan.

We met at the meeting point & went through the usual drills. We had the the briefing & I was placed 3rd in the convoy. The pace was nice & fast & flowing nicely. I took a big hit early, that shook my passengers, but they did not complain. The convoy ran nicely, but then there was a technical issues that took some time, but with the help of some members were sorted out quickly & we were on our way again. There were some nice big dunes & drops & my visitors really enjoyed the ride.

There was a close shave when another convoy crossed our path & nearly took out Daggerfall. We continued to the big dune & each got a turn to run up the dune, then there was another technical issue, but that too was sorted out in no time, unfortunately we had to head home because it was getting late.

It was another awesome drive for me, with very little issues & I used the thing I learned fromthe past drives.

Thank you to Daggerfall & the rest of the sweepers, inters & advance that looked after us.

Till we meet in the sand again, take care & stay safe.

Greeting
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind