Drive Fast 4.0 Sweihan

Mo Sh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Good Morning All,

It's been a while since i played with the sand, due to work keeping me busy, so i made my best to have my dose!! " I had to contact a dealer in a orange vehicle cool " to arrange the dose "Came with a hefty price tag faill "

This was my comeback Intermediate drive after my operation " Yes, i had to follow Doc's orders with a grin".

for me & [mention]hamzahng[/mention] it started early as 9 P.M. Thursday as we decided to camp there instead of driving the in the early morning & it was a great decision as the weather was perfect!!
I can Declare the Camping season is open for business!!! We Slept a little cause of the cold breeze, Got waken up by the arrival of [mention]Abu Odai[/mention] he was an hour early for the drive shows how much excited he was.

7.00 A.M. Sharp, everyone was there and getting ready... the Organizers had small meeting on the side as [mention]giorgio[/mention] said it's the Illuminati Meeting they came back with a wicked smile that only said "We are going to make you scream"

Everyone had their passengers checked with proper diapers & GoPro Cameras LOL [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] [mention]Phoenix[/mention] we need to see the non-edited version of the video!

[mention]JockJKU[/mention] had a different plan for his passenger which he only said he'll have full course ORLY

Just before drive started we had few quick usages of the Viking Rope Myself included with Airbus brigade.baka-wolf.com once we all reached the starting point of the drive, all you could hear was the engines revving and passengers screaming grin everyone was enjoying the fast paced drive, i was Slow at the beginning since my last drive was in the Wrangler now with the LWB Mighty Airbus so i had to get the rust off and get back into TRUCK Driving Mode faill . more into the drive everyone was getting into the rhythm, the drive was going smoothly, little 2nd tries which couldn't be felt as everyone knew how to react "Expect for once or twice" as the time passed, the sun got hotter, Temp was going higher, the SAND SOFTER!

But this couldn't effect the drivers as everyone had a big smile on their faces, Joy was in the air! Yes i have to admit at few bowels i was shouting like a kid in a roller coaster from the excitement in love .

Before 11 [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] said we have 30 min to play ... before we know it, the o'clock was showing 11.40 slow Yes we lost track of time from the joy we were having ... i then noticed my Airbus Temp needle moving from it's usual place and i eased up on the engine just before i say anything on Radio i heard the Guardian Angel " Okay the drive is finished" mah (chilling) i was so much relived that i didn't ruin or stop the drive as it was too much enjoyable.

We finished the drive, Airbus Temp went back to normal in seconds!!, i asked the Marshal [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] if i could also attend the afternoon Newbie drive as i was not feeling i had enough sand dose and i got my approval on the spot as he couldn't resist my smile, later we tried to have Manadi to feed our natural food hunger before the Prayers but we couldn't make it so we had to pray first then eat, i can't imagine i was able to do anything after that amazing food ... it was so good that i forgot to pay you're kidding, right [mention]Issa[/mention] saved everyone as they were in food coma thumbsup Thank you & will pay you next time i see you thumbsup

P.S. Never drive after Manadi, it's a very very very risky thing to do brigade.baka-wolf.com i reached the 2nd Drive meeting point hardly, parked under the only tree there & instantly jumped into my 5 Star Airbus Hotel in love in love a power nap was so much needed.

Again it was a great comeback intermediate drive can't wait for next weekend drive!!

My Name is Mo Sh & I'm a sand addict innocent

Thanks to all Marshals, Crew, Drivers & lastly the poor passengers for such an amazing Friday morning grin .

Till Next time

Mo Sh & Airbus on Standby
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Thanks to [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] for the amazing lead and all supported and participated.

It was great to have [mention]osman[/mention] as a passenger and everybody complete the drive without any issues.

The drive? Let the photos speak for themselves. Sorry I couldn't catch the leading cars you're kidding, right .....They were driving fast!!! cool thumbsup

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theaterhttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Daggerfall wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:38 pm Thanks to @Rashidjass for the amazing lead and all supported and participated.

It was great to have @osman as a passenger and everybody complete the drive without any issues.

The drive? Let the photos speak for themselves. Sorry I couldn't catch the leading cars you're kidding, right .....They were driving fast!!! cool thumbsup

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theaterhttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Nice pictures thank u for the efforts
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
Issa
Advance
Advance

Good evening Almosters

No words can Express the excitement I feel when I drive in sweihan.

Met @zaidng @5:20 am and we moved to the meeting point to meet @rashidjass in the last petrol station on the way.

The drive was amazing with a smoothly moving convoy with a mix of engines roaring sounds, excited drivers, and thrilled passengers.

Ending the drive at 11:40 am, we moved for prayer and lunch with the drivers attending the afternoon drive.

All in all it was a nice fast paced drive, thanks @rashidjass for organizing the drive, and @daggerfall for the self explanatory captures

Unfortunately couldn't take a video of the drive since my camera storage was full... but the smile on my passenger's face explained it all Psmiley
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Rashidjass:

Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Drive Fast 4.0 Sweihan.

After a long wait ( my last intermediate drive was in July because of the summer break) i was able to register and attend this drive.

I started early morning with my passenger @mounir our trip to the meeting point.
On our arrival to the first set of coordinates which was the last gas station, we found more or less the entire convoy. The station was full of Almost 4x4 drivers. It was the first time that i saw that many Nissan Pathfinders and Extera in the same drive. They definitely dominated the rest of us.

We all left the gas station together and in our way to the final meeting point ( after taking a quick stop to drop the cars of the morning drive passengers, I am sure you all remember the complected situation and @dagger schematic design), we saw the rest of the convoy that had decided to camp near by.

At the meeting point and after the usual preparation we all gathered for the usual briefing.

As @mosh mentioned on his report, the Illuminati Architects plot their conspiracy against the convoy (drivers and passengers) and they came to compete the brief.

Nothing scared me more than looking at @solmaz ( the public relation face of the Illuminati clan) walking towards the briefing area biting her lips like Ohhh boy I feel sorry for these poor drivers.

Finally the anticipation came to an end, after the instruction to start the drive came from @Rashid .

The drive started smooth on small technical dunes and on a moderate paste that gave the chance to all drivers to warm up and relax.

As we were advancing in the drive the terrain was getting more challenging. The dunes bigger, steeper, the sand softer and deeper. But the drivers were giving a strong fight to stand their grounds.

Over all the drive was a long all side cresting drive with moderate to almost big climbs, with few technical sections.

This was one of the few drives that we did not have a pop out but we did have second tries and self recoveries.

A great drive that ended finding all the drivers with a big smile on their face.

Congratulations to the organizer and supporting crew for all the support and amazing track. I hope all the passengers got to enjoy the drive as much as the drivers did and i hope, that this experience will motivate them to attend all the upcoming events so they can also get the chance to drive and experience the same track form the drivers seat.

Until next time be safe and have fun.

See you on the sand soon
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

It was a pleasant morning with temp of 26C when we met at the meeting point in Sweihan. It was an intermediate drive packed with passengers in almost every other car grin. I had [mention]Shahs[/mention] with me as a passenger but there was no chance for me to scare him out rather he wanted ‘more ninja’…can’t help as being an Advance thumbsup

[mention]Rashidjass[/mention] checked the presence of all the registered members and briefed us about the plan. [mention]Barish[/mention] was the second lead and [mention]Shah[/mention] was to sweep. [mention]Daggerfall[/mention], [mention]JockJKU[/mention], [mention]Agalon[/mention] and [mention]Solmaz[/mention] were floating around the convoy. I got positioned at the end of the convoy and actually had to catch the convoy after doing a early morning rescue :). The drive lived up to its expectation as being fast with full of side cresting fun on small and big dunes. We did side sloping, rode on various crests, had many big climbs on dunes and some of them had soft sand patches in between as well that made the climbs more fun. In between, we played at the back of naqra for some time and enjoyed pedal-to-the-metal yuush.

The last 45 minutes of the drive were superb and I enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks a lot to Rashidjass for providing us the adrenaline dose. Thanks to Daggerfall for keeping an eye on us and for the wonderful pics. I appreciate the support and guidance of Explorers and Advance drivers as well.

It was a great drive and everyone did well and I hope enjoyed their time; we did not have any stuck or pop-out apart from some second tries.

I think this drive was strategically placed by the Marshals before the All Lead IX to give a last minute brush-up of the skills for Inters. Hoping to grab a seat in it playingsmiley

Cheers!
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

Ok so my first Intermediate drive as a passenger. First things first, a preface.

The day before the drive I started coming down with the seasonal flu but I was determined not to miss this drive so I got off from work early, did all my prep work and went straight to bed with a full tummy and medication. Didn’t get any sleep and by morning the flu was in full swing. Took something to eat and doubled down on the dosage of medication and also kept extra for the whole day.
The drive started and while setting up the camera the attachment broke so no footage of me screaming and yelling, which did not happen by the way. Ok, Only a few times.

We started with the smaller technical stuff which wasn’t really that technical as it was just to reach the playing area and I was trying to keep a close eye on the other Pathfinders in the convoy but they were quite a bit far behind so it was hard to catch a glimpse of them. Any ways ones we reached the playing area we did a little bit of warmup as the dunes got bigger and bigger. Side cresting and driving on top of the crest started right away and I shifted into learning gear and started replicating [mention]Rashidjass[/mention]'s foot movement and plotting and scanning for a route in front of me. It took me a while to replicate rashid’s style of driving in theory in my head and also the way he picks his route and approach angle, which is a bit different from what we have learned so far, for example we are always told to drive up a dune straight and then slowly drive straight over the crest. While rashid would floor it and approach the dune a bit diagonally and then after approaching the crest he would then turn sideways and drive on the crest for as long as possible and then turn down on the other side.

Now although I have seen a lot of videos of rashid and [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] doing this but my first experience was one of those love at first sight moments. We see the crest in front of us and the dune is so high (probably 4 or 5 stories high) that both rashid and me have to lean forward and look up to see the crest and there is not much of flat ground left between us and the crest to catch enough speed and momentum. I am thinking there is no way he can make it to the top and just then he shifts into 1st and floors its and LAVA charges towards the dune as we start climbing. I floor my right foot as well but not because I was copying his foot movements but because I was already holding on for a flying LAVA moment. Where does he get that grip and power ?? is what I thought at first when lava kept climbing, keep in mind that we were driving up this dune and approaching this crest diagonally. The surprise came when we did not have the flying moment and he turned sideways to drive ON THE BLOODY CREST!!! Both sides were sharp slopes and how you decide where to turn down and which way to turn down was and still is a mystery to me. It always hits you with a surprise how much stopping power the crest of the dune has over your car because the moment we went sideways to drive on the crest it felt like as if the car hit a wall or something and slowed down in a sudden jolt. I am guessing the cars that followed would have a similar feel but not that much due the crest getting flatter.

Another surprise was when instead of driving down on the other side rashid decided to just side crest on the other side and keep driving on the rim edge of the wall and follow the crest all the way down to the end of the dune and continue to climb another wall and repeat the whole thing.
After this we took a small break where [mention]JockJKU[/mention] mentioned that this is just a warmup. On hearing this I took my second pill of the day for the flu just to be safe. Well what continued later was just crest after crest and long sidewalls after sidewalls, with perpetually growing size of dunes one after the other until we reached the last one which was the biggest dune in the area. I think it was Naqra dune, we played a lot there and I got to witness NISSAN power. Those things did the whole dune on first gear... FIRST GEAR!!

We did have some “Ohh Shit!!!” moments in the middle of the drive when Hamza decided all of a sudden to give his passenger a heart attack!! – I will leave the details to Hamza.

After playing around the big dune I took my third pill for the day and we started to drive back and I switched cars and became [mention]Abu Odai[/mention]'s passenger only to realise later that having flu and trying to suppress it with medication while driving in the desert in a car without ac is not good for your body or your mind. Somehow I kept a straight face and the contents of my tummy in my tummy and thanked God with all my heart when we reached the end point.

I fell asleep in the back seat of Lava as Rashid, me, [mention]Johanna[/mention] and [mention]DustnGlory[/mention] car pooled to our cars. That was the pills kicking in and making me go to sleep. Rashid spotted something is not right with me and asked me if I am ok and I told him that I am feeling very sleepy but didn’t mention the flu. We offered our prayers and had some delicious mandi, after which some of us drove to the meeting point of the afternoon drive and all I remember is me slapping myself to stay awake and make it to the meeting point with a stomach full of mandi and the pills hard at work in putting me to sleep. I reached the meeting point and parked under the tree which by the way was surrounded by other cars and then I just went straight full on snoring mode.

All in all it was one hell of a learning experience which I was thinking of using to my advantage in the afternoon drive. Little did I know that it would help me way more than I could imagine.

A huge thanx to Rashid for giving me the chance to be his passenger and to learn from our guardian angel.

Until next time, see you all in the sand.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Saeed FJ
Advance
Advance

Hello everyone
This is my video

And my report will follow soon 😉
Abu Madi
yellow FJ (Bumblebee)
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
giorgio
Marshal