Born to be wild

Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

when I woke up I felt a bit sick and I thought about staying at home. But my sand addiction was stronger and when I saw all the old and new faces and the beautiful dunes I immediately felt better and happy.
When I reached the meeting point on time, I was greeted first by [mention]giorgio[/mention] "You are finally here, its already afternoon"
We had the usual chit chat and car preparations and left nearly on time.
I joined [mention]Solmaz[/mention] convoy as second lead and we started our trip from badayer towards pink rock. The track she choose was nice and smooth and our convoy managed even some higher dunes, good job guys thumbsup

I needed some time and a reminder of [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] to adjust myself to the second lead position and keep an eye on the car behind me and listen carefully to the leading cars instructions at the same time.

We had some second tries and minor rescue situations but nothing serious and all of this is part of the learning process. You will see that your skills improve very fast when you drive regularly.

On the climb up to pink rock everybody had the chance to experience the power of their car as the instruction was "1.gear and floor it!" in love
On our way back our convoy was flowing nicely "safari-style" until the truck in our convoy had a mechanical breakdown and we had to leave it in the desert and bring a mechanic wtfsmilie
I hope everyone enjoyed the drive as much as I did, and again welcome to our new-newbies, I hope to see you all in the next drives.
But be careful, our trips are highly addictive and after a few you will wake up in the morning asking "Is it friday yet?" have a nice day

So stay safe everyone, see you all in the sand
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
Fat Rabbit

Hello all,

It was a pleasure to see everyone yesterday. I was in the convoy led by [mention]JockJKU[/mention] . Amazing experience, some steep descends, a good drive to Pink Rock and overall a good fast ride. I had a classic stuck - on top of the dune and all 4 wheels spinning aimlessly. Thanks to [mention]Ghanem[/mention] for pulling me out. Thanks to [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for the tips while driving especially when he told me i need a bit more power when climbing. Still getting used to Natalie (my Patrol Safari SWB) after selling Roxanne (Red TJ recently). I realised Patrol Safari's first gear is wayyyy too powerful. Wow. There were two other marshals, sorry i didnt get their names (red Jeep LWB who was the sweep during the trip and grey Jeep SWB who showed me the way back after i took the wrong track). But thanks everyone for the amazing day, looking forward to becoming more regular on these trips. We also had an F-150 as the last truck in the convoy, sorry didnt get his name either. Hats off to his passion, he got his truck on Thursday and was in the sand on Friday. Yaayy!
Thanks everyone for an amazing drive.
Where the road ends, the enjoyment begins..
With Natalie, a 2-door beige Nissan Patrol Safari
rapailo
Marshal
Marshal

Hi All,

this was my first drive after some time due to a lot of traveling and family duties. And I have to say it is good to be back in those amazing drives.

This is I believe second or third time I am driving in this area and I know that dunes are nice and interesting. As soon as I came I prepared my car and we were all ready to go. I was in [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] convoy and I was third car. I have to admit I really enjoyed the drive as I didn't face any problems.

We had one pop out, one searing problem, one tricky situation on high dune but all in all it was one more great lesson learned. I believe we had good time.

We also met with other clubs driving in very disorganized way. looking for trouble I would say.

At the end some of us have to change their tires and some a whole car. I hope soon I will find what I am looking for.
Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Amazing day in the desert.

Thanks [mention]JockJKU[/mention] for the lead and all participated and supported.

Let the pictures talk this time :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theaterhttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Fat Rabbit

Wow [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] amazing photographs. Thank you!!!
JockJKU
Club Member
Club Member

Morning All!

I enjoyed this drive very much, we started off very easy and the convoy was doing great so gradually the level increased until we found the "sweet spot" for the convoy!! There were a couple of stucks, a few second tries which were all taken care of quickly and are perfectly normal!!

The lesson for the drive(apart from developing driving skills) was to learn correct distance and communication. There were many tracks in this area and as soon as the gap is too big between 2 cars there is immediate doubt as to which is the correct track! Again, we had a couple of these, but the drivers immediately identified they were not sure and responded exactly as briefed before the drive which was great to see!!

Well done to all in the convoy, and many thanks to everyone that turned up and supported!!

Thanks [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for the pictures!!

Till next time!

Jock
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Born to be wild:

Hi all,

A 5- drive that welcomed the newly upgrade members was organized and led by [mention]JockJKU[/mention] with [mention]Agalon[/mention] & [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] as floaters [mention]Ghanem[/mention] in the middle of the convoy and [mention]giorgio[/mention] swiping.

The drive had to parts with a short brake in between. First part was slow paste smooth with some mild drops.

In this part the convoy mostly flowed with minor problems (couple of stucks and second tries). During the second part the lead decided to increase the momentum and the reaction of the convoy was overall pretty positive.
On this part besides the regular stucks and second tries we also had 2 incidents of loosing the truck.

The members who called the missing track incident were very quick to report it and the convoy was reunited in no time.

It is very nice to see that all the effort from the leaders/ organizers during the briefing period before every drive, is been taken seriously from the drivers. Implementing the rules results in : short term stops, safe driving conditions & more driving time ( fun). Last but not least the drivers develop the proper habits early which will be very useful on later more challenging drives.

I hope that all members got to enjoy the drive. Keep coming to the drives regularly and you will get to see yourselves developing skills that you never new you could one day have.

Great job guys see you on the next one
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
Fat Rabbit

When [mention]JockJKU[/mention] said 'tie down everything', I didnt think that included my box of pringles chips.... i was wrong... buahahahahahahahahahaha!
Serkan

It was a good company and enjoyed... thanks to all who organized, supported and arranged.

Regards
SeRkAn
Following is the easiest way. More importantly, what really matters is How to Lead
Mohamad.itani

First of all thank you [mention]JockJKU[/mention] and all members for this great ride. It was a really challenging experience for our level. The second part of the ride was fast and needed a lot of focus.

I joined almost 4x4 to enjoy the good company and learn off-roading from the experts and this is exactly what I found.