Rumble in the jungle

Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

Yet another enjoyable drive and a day well spent in sand thumbsup

It was a big gathering but salutes to the organizer [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] who successfully managed to accept all the registered members for the drive and ran the show without any issue. We had the attendance, convoy formation and briefing by Daggerfall and I was tagged with the convoy which was originally planned to be led by [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] but since he was not feeling well it was led by [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] to save the day. Thanks much Rashidjass for treating us with your presence and still making it to the drive in ill condition and lots of love to Bu Salem for the superb lead; it was challenging and enjoyable.

Under Bu Salem lead, [mention]Youssef.Abdelhady[/mention] was the second lead and I was sweeping the convoy. Rashidjass and [mention]JockJKU[/mention] were floating around and other intermediates were within the convoy for support and rescue. We drove from Madam to Super Bowl on both big dunes and small technical ones and had few second tries and a pop-out in between. Package included but not limited to making arches on big dunes, climbing on soft sand dunes, navigating through v-shaped dunes, technical area practice, going through bowls, straight cresting and some nice big drops. From Super Bowl, Bu Salem took us to Iftar Bowl and then we took the easy exit out to Badayer shops to end the drive.

It was a great afternoon with you all almosters.

Looking forward to see you in Sweihan ninja

Cheers cool
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
Bu Zayed
Intermediate
Intermediate

Amazing drive with almost as always and it was great to see a new faces in 10+ drive.

I will leave you with this video of the drive, enjoy grin

optimus
Marshal
Marshal

kareem.alameldin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:52 am This drive shows how dedicated our marshalls are to the club and not let any of us down, Bu salem and Rashid didn't have to join as the trip was originally for one convoy, but they are paying the price for getting us all hooked up on driving with them that we managed to hack the system unintentionaly and gave us all the chance to drive!

The track was really nice and i could feel Bu Salem holding himself back as he could do much more in that nice terrain, i honestly wished he would,

One highlight of the drive was my first rescue! Yes i know I'm a newbie but it was a weird situation where @Mabubaker got stuck in a small bowl that had me at the entrance and him at the exit, and Rashid standing a few meters away watching the situation and me watching him waiting for further instructions, and he did what i wish he would, told me to go for the rescue, I'm sure he knew that this is the safest choice and he supervised the whole process, thanks for your trust @Rashidjass

Can't wait to join all of you comrades for the next trip!
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)
Petr
Intermediate
Intermediate

I was in the convoy with [mention]Daggerfall[/mention]. The terrain was fantastic - soon after entering the dunes area we went to climb a high wall. I found my FJ didn't have the usual power and I had to turn down earlier than most of others. I felt the same problem earlier with the ride led by [mention]Yoghybear[/mention]. After giving it a thought I realized I turned on the kill switch with the engine on at both rides. I turned the engine off and started it again and the effect was apparent at the next climb. Obviously the kill switch doesn't disengage all systems while the engine is running. A lesson learned!

I enjoyed the track greatly. High dunes, fast and high arches on walls, straight and side cresting at a good speed - it would be great if we had more run time and didn't have to wait for [mention]Kals[/mention] and his dead beast grin.

Thanks to [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] and the rescue team for another great desert afternoon!
Sostick
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi all, it was another great drive in the sand! I really enjoy and every time is better than the previous one. It was my 12th drive with the club so ready to be on the first 10+ drive! I arrived 14.45 and it was already briefing time. I managed to deflate after that at 14.58 sharp we got started. The ma to JockJKU Who waited for me. I was in the second convoy led by the one and only Al Shamsi! I have to say there was no time to warm up! But it was exciting! We had few second tries and a couple of pop outs. I’m impresssed by the speed of the team to recover from pop outs! The pace was good even if JockJKU told us to better evaluate distances and speed in order not to have to slow down and catch up all the time.

As mentioned by others I always deflate 12psi in the front and 10psi in the back and so far so good! Fuel consumption of my FJ has been a record in this drive. Combined with the motorway I managed to do 129km with 37 liters! I have to say I floor it a lot and the more I was flooring the more I wanted to floor it!

As always, I felt very safe with Almost4by4, challenged but always in safe conditions!

I loved every moment and my two young passengers loved it too!

Great day thanks Almost4by4!!! See you soon in the sand!

Best
Francesco aka Sostick
Akader.alshawi
Intermediate
Intermediate

Good Morning Almosters,

One more Amazing drive with great opportunity to learn new skills in the level 10+,

Drive started at 3 PM with lead of [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] and as always he selected very nice track with mix of straight crest, side crest,side walls and climbing high dunes and he is always on the Radio to guide and advise.

We noticed that other clubs also started their trips as weather become little bit better and this require from us to be more careful on following the track of our convoy and listen carefully to the instruction of the Marshall for the safety of the convoy.

Thanks Millions to [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] , [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] , [mention]JockJKU[/mention] and [mention]Youssef.Abdelhady[/mention] , [mention]haider alnuaimi[/mention] for their help and support as always.
Chris Rothmann

Firstly, thanks to Daggerfall for organizing the trip and for inviting me to participate.

I was in Abu Salem's convoy and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. I particularly enjoyed the technical areas and the high climbs/dunes. It was a great group to drive with. Everyone listened to the instructions and guidance from the experts, which resulted in good following distances and a "smooth" drive, even with the diverse elements to the terrain.

Thanks again for a great trip and as usual, for all the valuable tips/support from especially Abu Salem, Rashid, Jock and the intermediate drivers.

Chris
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

Good day all

Was really looking forward to the drive the whole week & was not disappointed.

We met at the meeting point, it was hot & windy, but the spirits were high. We did the usual preparations, then had roll call, convoys were dealt in & off we went. I was in Shamsi's convoy & with me was a colleague that in all the years staying in Dubai (13 of them) has never been in the desert according to him.

Shamsi gave the driving instruction to us & off we went. The pace was nice & flowing. We were criss crossing zig zagging over the dunes. My friend really enjoyed it. Again keeping a decent following distance played a big part & Jock reminded us all at one stage to keep the distance big enough.

I made a error going over the dune by braking to hard & Shamsi corrected me not to do that. The drive went fairly smooth with no major hiccups except when Rashidjass stopped/had to stop at a awkward angle. The convoy was stopped & in no time was the issue resolved.

We climbed so big dunes on our way to the shops with the sun setting in the horizon.

Overall another pleasant drive & again I learnt something. Thank you to Daggerfall for organizing the drive & all the other marshalls, inters & crew that helped.

Till we meet in the sand again, stay safe & take care.

Greeting
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind