Burger Night Camp

Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi all,

it might be unusual to write a trip report for a camp, but the first camp of the season deserves it.

I was looking forward to the camping season the whole summer, its the best way to start the weekend and escape your daily Dubai routine.

Usually we have a lot of food in the camps, but this camp topped everything I have attended so far. [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] nailed it when he said "we eat, we regret, we eat again"
[mention]giorgio[/mention] made fantastic burgers for us, thanks man we should promote you to our camp chef. thumbsup
At the end of the night I had turkish meatballs, brasilian sausage and meat, chicken burger, beef burger and fish.
After all this food, not able to do anything, [mention]hamzahng[/mention] came with a birthday cake in love
Thanks everyone, it was a great surprise and I even managed somehow to eat a piece of cake, trapped in the circle of eat, regret, eat again.

The weather was still a bit hot and humid, so not everyone stayed overnight.
I slept outside on a camping bed, it was surprisingly comfortable and sleeping under the stars in the desert is absolutley priceless.

Thanks everyone for sharing and caring, looking forward to see you all in the next camps.
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

Burger Night stood up it is name , burgers were coming from every direction. If you are a burger lover this would be THE EVENT. My stomach is not strong to handle burgers so I have grilled vegetables from Sabrena " thanks [mention]giorgio[/mention] " and Regag bread from [mention]omar_ saif[/mention] .

The weather started to get better around 10 and at 12 it was very nice. During the chit chat I was tempted by [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] to sleep outside the car although I am not that type so I slept on top of the car , of course [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] was doing the same " it is FJ thing ".

Waked up in the morning with a beautiful seen " a jimny car leading to big cars and driving around our camp. Washed quickly and passed by [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] who was guarding the camp with @Kala and his friend.

Drove strigh to the meeting point to meet the new club members and had breakfast while waiting.

Although it is September but we had a very good camp and stay over. Looking forward to see you soon in another camp.

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Burger night.

The opening of the camp season came with a bam. Heavy participation from older and new members flooded the meeting point.

The access to the camp site was easy and by the time we arrived we found members already waiting for us.
The usual circle was set up pretty quick and the grills got on fire even quicker.
Plenty tasty food went around and i want to believe that none went to sleep that night with an empty stomach.

The early evening was little humid but later it got to be much better. I left around 12am just to return the next morning for the cm drive.

I would like to thank the organizer and all the participants for the wonderful evening and the great food.

See you all at the next one
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
presa
Marshal
Marshal

An amazing event from Almost!

I wasn't sure if could attend it, since had a guest arriving a few hours before in Dubai. After a quick chat the words Burger + Desert were the winning, and so we went for it.

The meeting spot was crowded! So many cars... I didn't realize the event got this proportion! And there were new faces joining it, welcome all!!

Since I hadn't prepared for it, I was an outlier with some Brazilian BBQ steak, instead of burger. There were some amazing ones, thks to all who prepared it!

After chitchat for a few hours, at about 0h, I head back home with full stomach and soul!

Looking for next camp events!
Kals
Intermediate
Intermediate

Burger Night! Name says it all.

Was a lovely night with everybody in attendance. Very chill, with a lot of new faces as well. I always love these social events as they give a good opportunity just to relax and have a good chat about life, cars and more cars!

The weather was upty dupty, as a breeze would come up, then disappear, then come up again. Had to leave early as some of the club members had a problem with their compressor but definitely looking forward to the next one!
Truck driver
Oversized man child
Red GMC aka The Juggernaut killzonesmiley
Christiaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Food food food food and more food.

This was our first event with the club, and man was it nice. I was full even before i made my own burgers. We had local bread, fish, meat, burgers, pizza, cake and more burgers in the desert. This felt like a brunch.
It was wonderful meeting all the new people and so nice to see the camaraderie between all the people. Just when you sit down the next person is there to offer a bite or a snack.
We were definitely not hungry by the end of the night and really had a wonderful time.
We will be sure to be there next time and come hungry!
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Amazing night! amazing food!

Thanks [mention]Solmaz[/mention] and [mention]Agalon[/mention] for amazing meat balls
Thanks [mention]giorgio[/mention] for the amazing burger!
Thanks [mention]presa[/mention] for the amazing juicy meat.
..........(this is where I couldn't eat any more XD I am sure the rest was also amazing!!! grin

Thanks to organizer and looking forward to have more more moreeee!

thumbsup
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31