Hunting High and Low

Kals
Intermediate
Intermediate

So I think it’s only right I start this thread....

I GOR MY FIRST BELLY STUCK SITUATION! Also a pop out!

On a more serious note, I loved, absolutely loved the drive today; it had everything. High climbs, technical dunes, a bit of side creating, everything!!

It was face paced and [mention]Yoghybear[/mention] was one helluva of lead! I’m still high on Adrenaline! Still a long way to go but still learning as more and more drives happen!

That’s to everyone, especially [mention]zico[/mention] and [mention]Gabor[/mention] for the support in the back!

Can’t wait for the next one fellas!!
Truck driver
Oversized man child
Red GMC aka The Juggernaut killzonesmiley
Isfand
Intermediate
Intermediate

I love morning drives and what an amazing drive this morning.
Great lead by [mention]Solmaz[/mention]
We started in Nazwa with smaller dunes which kept becoming bigger as we entered the Badayar area.
The drive was more than just climbing the dunes. It was a connection between the car and the driver. How much power do I need? Can I make it? Will it turn? How much momentum is the right momentum? Questions that kept going in my head brigade.baka-wolf.com
Couple of second tries but no major problems in this drive. Infact nobody actually needed a pull. We are getting better and better grin
Thanks to All the intermidiates and Marshalls. Once again thanks to [mention]Solmaz[/mention] looking forward to join more drives.
And special thanks to the [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] . Experience can never be bought. Great advices all around. On to new tires next month
Chris Rothmann

Indeed, another great morning. Not one of my “cleanest” drives, (with a complimentary popout included) but I enjoyed every minute of it (thanks for the great help to fix my popout in no time). I am getting more and more familiar with my car, etc. under the watchful 👀 of those in the know. Thanks once again for Abu Salem for your advice - sharing helpful tips and techniques. Thanks Solmaz for your lead.

Until next time

Chris
Gabor
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi Everyone!

First of all, a big thanks for the organizers and the marshalls, leaders for this day.
There were a lot of excited friends in the morning who wanted to hit the sand in the morning. After the coffee and karak we splitted to three conwoys, leaded by Solmaz, JockJKU and Yoghybear.
I supported the Yoghybear group, it was a very nice track. Medium to high dunes, bowls, altogether 40 km. :)

You can open here: http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/display/20 ... 3-map.html.

That was my third rescue drive, but the first, where I was in action.
Everybody did their job well, we had only three pulling and one pop out.

See you next time.

Gabor
Gabor
Mob: 0561453092
osman
Intermediate
Intermediate

We had another great drive today!

When I arrived the meeting point 15 minutes before the meeting time, it was already packed with tens of cars from other clubs or individual groups. Some of really early fellow Almosters were squeezed towards the end. I thought we would be in a battlefield with so many people but all the groups left already by the time the briefing is finished.

We had two convoys for the enrollment but [mention]Solmaz[/mention] give us a surprising news that we would be split into three convoys. I was in [mention]Yoghybear[/mention]’s lead with total of 15 cars to my count.

The briefing was simple: The Chief told us he would improvise as he drives, no specific path in mind. The improvisation included some technical areas with sharp turns and ditches, high climbs, arches, mini side crests, spinning around a bowl and even driving along the fence! The drive was quite intense with minimal second tries and rescues with one popout. Minimal interruption give the feeling that the drive was longer than the usual. At the end i think everyone enjoyed a lot and appreciated how much we learned over time.

A big thank goes to organizers and helpers.
Warning: Sand is addictive... and also the sea salt.
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Another great day in the desert with fellow Almosters!

We met at Nazwa shops in the morning. There were around 40 cars! (And its still summer brigade.baka-wolf.com )

We split members into 3 convoys. One led by [mention]Solmaz[/mention] , the other one by [mention]JockJKU[/mention] and we fed chief [mention]Yoghybear[/mention] with the rest for breakfast XD

I was with [mention]JockJKU[/mention] . The plan was to go to the Pink rock and return to Badayer shops after a small break.

The track was very nice. We managed to go through the soft and untouched sands (Considering it is a crowded area) of Nazwa and meet with other convoys at Pink Rock to enjoy the company of other members.

The drive was also eventful for the rescue team you're kidding, right . And we managed to tackle many issues without any major problem. And everybody went out safe and sound from the desert which is the most important thing! thumbsup

I strongly recommend our members to warm up at the lower level drives before you join 5+ or 10+ drives if you are not a regular driver despite the number of your drives. This would be much safer for yourself and more beneficial for other members.

Thanks [mention]JockJKU[/mention] for the great lead and [mention]Agalon[/mention] [mention]presa[/mention] and [mention]haider alnuaimi[/mention] for the great support.

Here you can find some photos from our convoy today:

See you next time!
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Petr
Intermediate
Intermediate

When we met in the morning, [mention]Solmaz[/mention] put me and my fellow 10+ drivers to the [mention]Yoghybear[/mention]' convoy, I recalled the rumors about the killing drives with Chief. That was apparently the case for others too: when the rest disappeared, we remained alone with our convoy leader and the group got silent as the grave, we keenly awaited for his words. And Yogi said, I have no plan today, not even GPS, let's go and play!

We were brought to a nice area with low and high dunes and the drive was a fantastic combination of technical sections with high climbs and side cresting. A special experience was when each of us were sent to make two fast circles in a large bowl.

I was a bit rosty after a long pause from sand, but it was probably the best ride I ever had so far. Thanks Chief, thanks [mention]Gabor[/mention] for rescuing me, thanks to [mention]giorgio[/mention] and Sicco and [mention]Saeed FJ[/mention] for support and congratulations to the latter for his Rescue ribbon!
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

It was a big turnout on last weekend, I had great time driving with @Solmaz , @Rashidjass , @Barish and our members.

The track that Solmaz did was just right for the level behind her , not too easy and not too hard " Well done " grin

By the time it started to get hot our leader took us back to Al Baddayer ON TIME!!

AT Al Baddayer shops you could see happiness with satisfaction on the members and each one has his own story to tell.

Until next, take care and see you in the Burger Night. yaeh am not durnk

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Sostick
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another great trip with Almost4by4! thank you soo much guys! and beautiful shots Daggerfall!!!
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi all,

I know I am constantly repeating myself, but it was another great morning in the desert.

We met in Nazwa early morning, and the 10+ convoy went to the big dunes in Nazwa/Badayer.
It was not my first time in this area, but my first time behind our chief marshal [mention]Yoghybear[/mention]
I needed a few minutes to adapt to his driving style. We were crossing the small and technical dunes in zick zack lines with moderate pace and the first 20 minutes I drove in constant fear of a pop out until we reached our playground.
I drove on fourth position this time and I was challenged by the car in front of me, his driving style was a bit unpredictable, so I had to drive very focused on order not to get myself or the car behind me in Trouble

The area is amazing and driving high dunes, bowls, arches and side crests are my favorites, I could do this the whole day, unfortunately my car not... After the two rounds in a bowl the engine was heating up and I felt a lack of power and had to drive a few arches lower.
Our convoy did well, no major issues, just the usual stuck and second try situations.I had a lot of fun and faced no difficulties, but I have to work on my side crest technique, especially the correct approach angle and speed, I would love to drive more crests the upcoming drives 😍
Thanks [mention]Yoghybear[/mention] for this amazing trip and the feedback

It was good to see you all 😃
Till next time
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.