Return to sand

Barish
Marshal
Marshal

It was the first morning drive for me since long time and still very hot for a morning drive till 11.

I was quite late to the meeting point and rushed to deflate; actually was mentioned in trip PM not to deflate at the meeting point. So, this time, key self takeaway from this drive is; "Read the trip details carefully..!"

Besides the area was nice, track was good. Convoy did well except a couple of second tries and recoveries; however one important note to be reminded again is following the instructions on the radio..especially during the climbs on high dunes..! Over confidence is good on one side of a high dune while going up, but there is the other side of the dune as well which is for going down..!

Thanks to [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] for orginizing the drive, all support team in our convoy and convoy drivers who made it.

Chg might be an age if you dont improve..!

Barish
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hallo everyone

This was one the drives I have really been looking forward to, heard about Sweihan but never experienced it.

I arrived at the meeting point at 06:30 with not a single car in sight, looked at my friend & said "Is this the right place, GPS says its right" I called Chris & asked him where they are & he replied most are still at the filling station.

Cars started rolling in & the group got bigger & bigger. After the usual chit chat we had out briefing & moved in the direction of the start point. There were 3 convoys.

Rashidjass told us in the briefing that this area is very different from what we are used to, big dunes, soft sand etc.

I was in the back of the convoy with Optimus in front om me. We started at a fairly fast pace & I made the mistake of making the gap to big & quickly Optimus was "gone", I got reminded to get closer & keep the distance at 30-4o meters & not 100m thumbsup . I closed the gap & from there thing went better. The pace was nice & fast. Reflexes & decision needs to be made quickly & there is no time to hesitate. I had to bail once very fast, because I saw if I don't there will be problems, serious problems slow .

The rest of the trip went v\well from there & for the first time I had a third try, I came up the dune & as I was bout to cross I saw Optimus passing Kareem that seemed to be "stuck", I bailed & went in a circle & went for take #2, coming up the dune I saw Kareem was still there & I bailed again & stopped (try 3#). Kareem said he had a issue but that was quickly resolved & we where all on our way again.

Rashidjass was nice & gave us an extra 20 minutes in the sand & then it was time to go home.

It was really a awesome drive for me & again I learned a few things.

Thank you Rashidjass for planning the trip, thank you to the support guys that are always close by to keep an eye on us.

Till we meet in the sand again, take care my friends

Greetings
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind
kareem.alameldin
Advance
Advance

Rooies wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:32 pm Hallo everyone

This was one the drives I have really been looking forward to, heard about Sweihan but never experienced it.

I arrived at the meeting point at 06:30 with not a single car in sight, looked at my friend & said "Is this the right place, GPS says its right" I called Chris & asked him where they are & he replied most are still at the filling station.

Cars started rolling in & the group got bigger & bigger. After the usual chit chat we had out briefing & moved in the direction of the start point. There were 3 convoys.

Rashidjass told us in the briefing that this area is very different from what we are used to, big dunes, soft sand etc.

I was in the back of the convoy with Optimus in front om me. We started at a fairly fast pace & I made the mistake of making the gap to big & quickly Optimus was "gone", I got reminded to get closer & keep the distance at 30-4o meters & not 100m thumbsup . I closed the gap & from there thing went better. The pace was nice & fast. Reflexes & decision needs to be made quickly & there is no time to hesitate. I had to bail once very fast, because I saw if I don't there will be problems, serious problems slow .

The rest of the trip went v\well from there & for the first time I had a third try, I came up the dune & as I was bout to cross I saw Optimus passing Kareem that seemed to be "stuck", I bailed & went in a circle & went for take #2, coming up the dune I saw Kareem was still there & I bailed again & stopped (try 3#). Kareem said he had a issue but that was quickly resolved & we where all on our way again.

Rashidjass was nice & gave us an extra 20 minutes in the sand & then it was time to go home.

It was really a awesome drive for me & again I learned a few things.

Thank you Rashidjass for planning the trip, thank you to the support guys that are always close by to keep an eye on us.

Till we meet in the sand again, take care my friends

Greetings
Rooies
I'm sorry i caused you some problems!! My engine stalled after a bump and i had to switch off all the electronics again after starting it, took me like a minute... Thankfully it was on a flat ground brigade.baka-wolf.com
thursday

Hello everyone

I know I am a bit late to post a trip report.
But as they say, better late than never.

And since a photo is worth a thousand words, I will be sharing few thousands words to show that beautiful drive day.

Evnjoy!

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak91qy8CPVpqgYpC0hg1N4S7N4yXCA

You can access the folder with all the previous drives photos in the below link:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak91qy8CPVpq2lb8mb-QEeFFu3Ym
Silver JKU

Photos Library: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak91qy8CPVpq2lb8mb-QEeFFu3Ym