Eid Drive

Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi everyone,

it felt like I was a long time out of the sand, so I was really looking forward to this one.
It was super hot, and after I deflated my tires I already felt exhausted. We got divided in two convoys, I joined the one led by [mention]Solmaz[/mention]. As there were new fences built in this area, the track changed last minute. We crossed some technical areas and flat grounds, most of the time the convoy flowed nicely, just two tire incidents and a few second tries.
I was monitoring the behavior of my car after I was visiting the garage on a weekly basis the last months, but it seems to be fine now, tires, suspensions, engine... all running quite well 😃 and I faced no struggles, I only got reminded twice by [mention]Booy[/mention] how to overcome an obstacle WITHOUT having a pop out. Thanks, well noted, it worked 😉I enjoyed the drive to the max today, it was enjoyable and fun, thanks [mention]Solmaz[/mention] for leading, good job 👌
Can’t wait for the next drive

See you all in the sand 😍
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
Chris Rothmann

Yeap, and so it happened, Chris had his first pop-out😁😁, but with the great help from Issa, Booy and Rainier (With the proficiency of a Formula 1 pit crew) I was back on “the road”, or should I say “the sand”, in no time. Anyhow, yet another great drive with the club and thanks to all the organizers, support team and especially Solmaz who led our convoy. Hope to see all soon again. Chris
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters!

I was in the convoy lead by [mention]Solmaz[/mention] with [mention]Booy[/mention] floating around.

The weather was hot, as expected, and we had a very smooth track, considering it was Al Faqaa!

The drivers were all doing good, but many are still turning the wheels before reaching the ground while descending a dune, what is a common cause for popouts. ORLY ORLY ORLY

The new fence is huge... I run about ?7km? over it, while returning to the tarmac.... while it finished before Dubai-Al Ain Rd, there was machinery at the end, so they are still expanding it towards the road...

Popouts are part of the learning your car limits, but if you are having them with frequency... X3 X3 X3

Hoping to see you all at the sand!
Serkan
It’s my birthday

Hello Almosters,

I was a bit late to the meeting point and missed the convoys but tried to catch and succeeded at the last moment to join one of the convoy (by luck). I just saw some vehicles at the desert and followed them to join, I was not sure that they are Almosters but at least there was a group there and it was a good option to go with them :) . It was the convoy led by @Solmaz and supported by @Booy.

It was nice company and enjoyable trip, thanks to all who organized, supported and joined.

Thanks again and see you soon

Regards
Serkan
Following is the easiest way. More importantly, what really matters is How to Lead
savate

Hey everyone,

One more summer drive, and so happy that everything went well with my car. Arriving there, I herd some strange noise in the car, but we figured out,...its the Patrol's fridge in the arm rest :)))

Marshall [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] choose a very nice track, but unfortunately it didn't went well for everyone. Suddenly our part of the convoy stopped, in between the dunes, so I don't know what happened? I suppose, by radio chat,... someone got bogged, badly? Anyway, we waited there for at least 20 min, until rejoining the convoy.

After that we had a break for some half an hour, which honestly I didn't enjoyed to much, cause it was to hot to mingle (my car was showing 50C at certain point),... but others did, which makes it aright :)

Going back was great. It was a fast rout that looked like little Baja 500 race :))

anyway, just few pics,... from the car of course ;)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/4wheeling ... 315796507/

cheers
Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

Good afternoon everyone.

Great to be out on the sand again after a bit of a break. It was a decent sized convoy that we had with [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] leading us. I was at the back with [mention]Agalon[/mention] floating at the back.

All in all the convoy did well with no major issues. One thing that I'm sure will be mentioned by others as well is the importance of listening to the instructions of one person while on a recovery, and that person being the most senior driver directing the recovery. For others, it's best to watch and learn from a distance. Once you progress you will get more and more involved in the recoveries.

See you all next time.

Adam
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi All,

The original plan for the drive was to drive from Al Faqa to Qudra and then we would sit together next to one of the lakes to bring all members from different levels together and socialize, celebrate eid etc. However we had to make some last minute changes on the plans.

Special thanks to [mention]Rooies[/mention], he informed us two days ago regarding some construction of a new fence at Al Qudra area so me, [mention]Solmaz[/mention] and [mention]Agalon[/mention] decided to scout the area before the drive to make sure we will not have any last minute surprises during the afternoon drive. Unfortunately we discovered a new fence starting from Qudra Solar farm and continue till Al Ain road. We drove along the entire fence but there was not even one passage in between. So we made some last minute changes on the plans and moved to the meeting point.

It was nice to see some of our fellow members again after a while (Due to vacations, Weddings, Salalah trip etc. grin ) and everybody was in a good mood despite the very hot weather. We organized two convoys one led by me and the other by [mention]Solmaz[/mention] with the support of [mention]Booy[/mention] and started rolling.

We were driving through the sunset and the desert was looking beautiful as usual. The convoy was moving fine which encouraged me to increase the level a little bit higher but unfortunately one of our members fall into trouble in a tricky passage. It was a heavy car sitting at the bottom of the bowl and no flat area around to pull the car out. However with the great effort of [mention]Adam[/mention] , [mention]Yazan Ali[/mention] [mention]Abu Odai[/mention] and [mention]Agalon[/mention] we managed to move the car out "safe" and "sound" TWO times! brigade.baka-wolf.com . Thank you guys! Working under the sun on a burning hot sand for 20 minutes is not easy!

Due to cancellation of the after gathering we decided to take a little longer brake next to some trees and enjoyed the sunset and company of our fellow members with nice Karak served by [mention]Yazan Ali[/mention] .

It was another nice afternoon with Almosters and thanks to all supported and participated. And also thanks to [mention]KIMOz[/mention] for the second lead.

See you next time!
Last edited by Daggerfall on Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Nice Photos thumbsup

savate wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:38 am Hey everyone,

One more summer drive, and so happy that everything went well with my car. Arriving there, I herd some strange noise in the car, but we figured out,...its the Patrol's fridge in the arm rest :)))

Marshall @Daggerfall choose a very nice track, but unfortunately it didn't went well for everyone. Suddenly our part of the convoy stopped, in between the dunes, so I don't know what happened? I suppose, by radio chat,... someone got bogged, badly? Anyway, we waited there for at least 20 min, until rejoining the convoy.

After that we had a break for some half an hour, which honestly I didn't enjoyed to much, cause it was to hot to mingle (my car was showing 50C at certain point),... but others did, which makes it aright :)

Going back was great. It was a fast rout that looked like little Baja 500 race :))

anyway, just few pics,... from the car of course ;)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/4wheeling ... 315796507/

cheers
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

Good day all

We met at the meeting & got down to the usual business. Hakkoum popped over & took some pics, shared a few words & then it was briefing time.

I was dealt in the convoy with Solmaz & Booy was floating on the sides. The going was good from the word go without any major issues. We were kinda following the route I drove with Willie on Wednesday have a nice day . Keeping a good following distance really helps a lot in the more technical areas. We hit some flat sections & the speed picked thumbsup , then Kals reported an issue with his car. We all turned back to go help/observe. Think it took more time to figure out how to get the spare wheel down than changing it, but there were enough wisdom around around & the job got done. We were back on the "road" with a bit more time in the sand before the sun set. Heading up the one dune I found Chris in a bowl that did look a bit scary, but in hindsight all was good. Chris had his first pop out, but again the experts were on hand & he was fairly quick back on the "road". The sun was setting & we had to get out before dark, we hit the flat sections again & not long the end was reached & the drive was over.

Thank you to the everybody for an enjoyable drive & till we meet in the sand again, stay safe.

Greeting
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind
Haani

As written in the previous posts, [mention]Daggerfall[/mention]'s convoy had a member with a heavy car that got stuck in a the middle of a bowl twice and left the convoy on hold for about 20 minutes.

That member was me😬! However, with the help of the pro's [mention]Daggerfall[/mention], [mention]Adam[/mention], [mention]Yazan Ali[/mention], [mention]Agalon[/mention] and [mention]Abu Odai[/mention] the Expedition was recovered safely and back on track, ready to proceed.

For those who didn't see what happened....The convoy was moving on top of a dune with a bowl on one side and our path was leaning slightly towards the bowl. There were several tire tracks and I chose the one with the least incline but also the one closest to the bowls slant. Because of this, the cars back end slid into the bowl and for a second or two, the car was sucked into the bowl.

Sand covered 3/4ths of the tire because it was so soft and that meant [mention]Adam[/mention] alone couldn't tug me out. A chain was made with another car and I was then safely pulled out.

This happened twice. First time purely by mistake and second due to not hearing [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] 's instructions.However the second time, with some patience [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] helped me self recover.

I was later told by a lot of the experienced offroaders that my problem could have been avoided had I carried more speed and momentum. Oh and ofcourse, listening to the marshal!

Thank you all for your patience and I'd like apologize for keeping the convoy on hold for 20 or so minutes.

The path itself was fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had 1 other second try and apart from getting stuck in the bowl, everything else went smoothly.

During our short break, [mention]Yazan Ali[/mention] poured me a cup of Karak which I thought was one of the best Karak I've had in a long time. Thank you for that!

Also special thanks to [mention]Daggerfall[/mention], [mention]Solmaz[/mention] and the rest of the team for organizing and ensuring safety and fun! throughout the whole 3 hours.

See you out on the dunes soon!

Cheers,
Haani