To the Top

JockJKU
Club Member
Club Member

Morning All!

This was a great drive from Badayer to Madam Farms and I really enjoyed it for many reasons! Mostly because there was a little bit of everything. We had a number of new 10+ on this drive and i believe (judging by the looks on their faces) it gave them a glimpse towards the future, and what is still to come. Probably some of the comments made on chat by senior members now make sense!! 10+ is where the fun kick up a level!!

With the increase in level, there are several upgrades the 10+ driver needs to make!

Distance Control - get this wrong and the convoy is bunched and stop start anywhere behind the first 2 or 3 cars and makes a drive really hard work and leads to situation that hold back the whole convoy. Get it right and the convoy flows great and the whole drive is a much more pleasant experience!
Radio Communications - get this wrong and you can lose your car, or cause someone else to lose theirs, or potentially worse!! Get this right and again, the convoy can flow with confidence and at good speed! Please do not try and save 30dhs by buying a rubbish radio, it is potentially life saving equipment so please buy quality, and make sure you know how to use it. A radio you keep pressing the wrong button on that then turns into an FM receiver when you are in trouble or receiving instructions is useless, you need to know your radio and know how to use it quickly and clearly without having to think about it! A few of the same faces have had radio issues from the beginning of the Almost journey, and now is the time to fix it once and for all before it costs you your car, or a seat on the next drive.

Thanks to [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for a great lead, and everyone else who supported! This was a monster convoy so too many to list!!!!

Till next time,

Jock
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Thanks to [mention]Issa[/mention] for the amazing video thumbsup

[bbvideo][/bbvideo]][/bbvideo]
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

Finally, the Megatron was back in the sand this Friday and I was able to open my wings and stretch a little killzonesmiley

It was hot in the afternoon, around 44ºC, when we met and had the briefing by [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] . [mention]Issa[/mention] was asked to be the second lead and [mention]presa[/mention] was to sweep the convoy. Rest of the intermediates were within the convoy for support and rescue. [mention]JockJKU[/mention] , [mention]SINGH[/mention] and [mention]Barish[/mention] were to float around to keep an eye on the entire convoy.

I was the fifth car in the convoy. We had a very nice drive from Badayer to Iftar bowl and had many second tries and two pop-outs in between to add to the fun & learning arr. . I would like to stress on three points here:

1. Keeping the right distance is the key to avoid second tries – most of the time the cars got close to each other especially before climbs. You need to make sure that you are giving yourself enough distance to develop the required momentum to climb the dune. If the dune is big or if the sand is soft you might need more distance than usual to build the momentum. It’s always hard to do muscle-climbs!

2. Prompt radio communication in any given situation is an important tool to stay safe in the desert. If you are having a situation (second try/lost the track/stuck….) please inform about it to the Marshals.

3. Observe the car in front of you closely and you will learn a lot in your drives. Whether you are a newbie or an intermediate, the front car will always be there for you. No matter how easy or difficult the terrain is, the front car tells the secret if you are an observer.

Some of drive stats are as follows:

Total Drive Time: 03:06:56
Track Distance: 33.57km
Moving Avg: 23.3 km
Start Temp: 44ºC
End Temp: 37ºC

I would like to thank our Explorer and Advance drivers who kept guiding us during the drive and made a safe exit for us while crossing other convoys.

It was great meeting you guys in the sand after a while.

See you soon..

Cheers thumbsup
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
Bu Zayed
Intermediate
Intermediate

One of the smooth and amazing drives I have driven on.

I was the 3rd car in this drive as per [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] instructions and I had a front seat view to the amazing high dunes of Badayer. Everyone did great job in the trip reports so I have nothing more to add other than, Thanks [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for amazing drive and thanks Int, ADV and EXP for the organized support.

See you all in the sand grin
osman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Everyone,

This was a great drive under 45 degrees of heat and thanks to all experienced members with more than one star under their names, whom helped the big convoy in many ways.

This was the first drive after my car's upgrade and I really experienced and enjoyed the difference on the new setup. The tires really track the tracks! I slowed down more than i used to while crossing over the steep crests and crossed them over quite smoothly, without stalling or spinning. This was a very good learning from my side to see how a good tire changes the overall performance.

The club demonstrated the professional and team caring approach at the Iftar Bowl where there was a little chaos created by the other clubs and individual muscle show-offs. The seniors took care when they reached the top, overseeing the battlefield and giving the instructions who should do what in a safe way either talking with the non-club cars or letting them to finish their stuff so we can play around. We had nice and safe ascend and descend with a beautiful sunset at the background as a result.

I had my wife as passenger for the first time. She started with very nervous mood (as she usually freaks out such activities) and slowly started to enjoy as well. By the time we finished, she was also hooked-in. Now she understands why we all wake up at 5:30AM on weekends in order to drive 30Kms on sand!

Until to see you on the next drive, take care..
Warning: Sand is addictive... and also the sea salt.
rapailo
Marshal
Marshal

When I saw the pin in PM I new it is going to be fun eyes on fire . It is not first time we are driving in Al Badayer and every time we were challenged and came out with some useful lessons. [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] took this opportunity to check some drivers and cars abilities I believe.

This time I was 6th car behind [mention]Scorpio[/mention] . And it is not first time I am driving behind him. The fact is that [mention]Scorpio[/mention] uses power of his car very wisely and it is hard to follow his rhythm when you have no or very little power. In any case this made me more prudent and focused.

One more unusual think was that we had [mention]Kals[/mention] with the truck in front, I believe he was 4th, that made send quite spoiled. V8 is V8.

Apart from few pop-outs and second tries we didn't have much problems. For a 19 car convoy from my point of view we did good job have a nice day .
Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want
thursday

Hello everyone

I know I am a bit late to post a trip report.
But as they say, better late than never.

And since a photo is worth a thousand words, I will be sharing few thousands words to show that beautiful drive day.

Evnjoy!

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak91qy8CPVpqgYpmogpHgNFwtE4zQA

You can access the folder with all the previous drives photos in the below link:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak91qy8CPVpq2lb8mb-QEeFFu3Ym
Silver JKU

Photos Library: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak91qy8CPVpq2lb8mb-QEeFFu3Ym