Salalah 2013

Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

I was really excited when i saw that almost4x4 were planning a trip to Salalah. I've been to oman once but never as far Salalah . Fast forward till the day the whole convoy was instructed to meet up at an adnoc pump literally in the middle of nowere so i started using co-ordnates and a lil help from google maps to plan my trip .While on my way there i was about to go offcourse as i thought i was lost but i then saw Al shamsi's patrol so decided to follow it :pacman: .Once we got to the petrol pump all of us fueled up and got some snacks and were ready to cross the border

It was a long and boring drive till the border but this is my first time driving in a convoy so i had some issues with pacing however by the end of the trip all of these issues were resolved . Including my car there were 7 cars in total 3 wrangler,2 prados,1 patrol,1 cruiser once we reached the border we got the visas and car insurance and started out drive towards oman which little did i know would last for another 15 hours . We were talking through the radios(walkie talkies) and Al Shamshi was leading the convoy ,reminding us of approaching traffic,radars and camels on the street .The drive wasnt that stressful as we werent in a hurry and were stopping to refuel every half tank . At about 3 in the morning it started raining (wont call oman rain as rain as the drop are like tiny ) Once the sun began rising i realized it was all worth it .We were literally in the middle of nowhere. living in dubai i found the absence of the tall building and traffic weird at first but gradually i got used too it. I remember speaking to Al Shamsi about nijwa and the harry potter's flying in nijwa at the fuel pump before we made our way through nijwa. The time was about 5 am when we stopped for prayer and a light breakfast provided by Al Shamsi ( mini croissants ):045: .We then continued driving and refuelling throughout the night till we reached Salalah we had some lunch and then started moving towards our hotel to freshen up and rest as all of use were driving throught the night . That day we didnt leave the hotel as all of us were exhausted .

The next morning we headed to the beach through (as Al Shamshi mentioned on the radio) coconut and banana world (near the beach). Once at the beach we had breakfast (not really breakfast more of brunch ) and Then we headed to the mountains . The view was unbelievable Driving in between the clouds is a totally different experience All of us enjoyed alot once we were done we headed down for dinner . We had dinner at al reef (Lebanese food) and headed for the hotel .

The next morning we checked out and headed towards the beach, passed by the same banana and coconut market and stopped there to buy some bananas and coconut water we then had breakfast at the beach. Brought some omani sweets from a nearby shop and then headed to the mountains to see the tomb of Al Ayubi (it was raining so it was really muddy) I decided to stay in the parking lot as it was all mud . I then started going in circles in the mud tossing wet mud here and there . I remeber Al Shamshi say if u keep doing all this ur gonna stay a newbie forever (we live only once right ? ) once i got bored AL Khataib was kind enough to demonstrate how its done . Lets jus say what happened after that made my car the dirtiest one in the whole of oman .
We then started our journey back home to the emirates .We Then arrived back home at about 4 in the morning
Although i did get flashed by the radar thrice (it was all good when i was informed that the fines are about 100 dhs each) half of one speeding fine in dubai
Ps: i dont usually write trip reports so please if you wanna correct anything/edit feel free to do so
BADER BARGHOUTHI
Advance
Advance

awsome trip, soory for anyone who missed it out , i dont know what to say , all i can say greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen everywhere in salalah and mud and the grass smell ( NATURE) driving driving and smiling smiling ....

i miss u thamroot :Psmiley:
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Defragmantor;26859] I then started going in circles in the mud tossing wet mud here and there . I remeber Al Shamshi say if u keep doing all this ur gonna stay a newbie forever (we live only once right ? ) once i got bored AL Khataib was kind enough to demonstrate how its done . Lets jus say what happened after that made my car the dirtiest one in the whole of oman [/quote]

"A picture is worth a thousand words" ......... and a video is worth a thousand pics........ !!!:playingsmiley:
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Sandskull;26872]
"A picture is worth a thousand words" ......... and a video is worth a thousand pics........ !!!:playingsmiley:[/quote]
Heres a pic of the car after i was done playing in the mud :p
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1455[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BADER BARGHOUTHI
Advance
Advance

hahahahah khateeb and me who did this to yr car :thumbsup:
BADER BARGHOUTHI
Advance
Advance

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1458[/ATTACH]great side mud mad by khateeb and bader :028:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jgeorge

Another view...hope it helps bring back some great memories[ATTACH=CONFIG]1459[/ATTACH]
jgeorge

Adventure, Fun, Thrill all in one package - Best Bargain!!!

Check out the link below to get a glimpse of the fun and excitement:triumphant:...sorry for all those who missed it:miserable:

ps. The photos were taken from a video camera...so please excuse the quality

ps. To view the pictures, please make sure that you login to FB using your credentials

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 547&type=3
cyanide

It was a thrilling drive with full of joy enjoyed it till the last, while going to Salalah I was exhausted may be because of night drive but coming back I was pumped thanks to alshamsi and burashid for keeping the pack in order our stay in Slalalah was quite entertaining with jokes form alshamsi and burashid, the food was excellent thanks again to burashid for giving us good food, i also ejoyed:thumbsup: the dates with labneh given by alshamsi this was my first time I had dates with labneh the weather was also favorable for the drive it was beautiful view every where you see its greeeeeennn and cloudy at the same time..
FSL

Hi jgeorge,
Plz make the album public so that everyone can see it.

Thanks.