Chase the Sunset III

Youssef.Abdelhady
Advance
Advance

Dear Intermediates,

I am unable to join because i'll probably have some family commitments.

Grab the seat while you can. OSMILEY
Good Things Come To Those Who Floor It. redbullsmiley
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear Members

The track from Camp site to exit is going to be more than 100 km so I would recommend 2 Jerry Can of extra fuel.

S . P : Get ready but I will take you to Shah Drop " 700 feet high ". I don't know how but I may need to drag you up. One by One slow

Good luck
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
kareem.alameldin
Advance
Advance

alshamsi_m wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:32 pm Dear Members

The track from Camp site to exit is going to be more than 100 km so I would recommend 2 Jerry Can of extra fuel.

S . P : Get ready but I will take you to Shah Drop " 700 feet high ". I don't know how but I may need to drag you up. One by One slow

Good luck
We love you Bu Salem!
Bu Zayed
Intermediate
Intermediate

congrats to the ones who will make it for Liwa 😁 exciting.
Just some tips for the ones who will film the drive:
- Please please please do not let your camera roll for the entire drive. Pick the right moments to save your memory + battery as well as nothing boring than watching a long video of a drive from one angle. The view won't be able to see and feel what you see and feel so only you will know if the terrain you drive on is difficult or not but your camera might not.
- If you are using gopro, use 720p instead of 4k with 24 frame per second unless you want to edit late on to add slow motion then make it 60 FPS. The field of view should be Wide.
- Try as much as you can not to mount your camera out of your car for a longer time as the heat from the sun will drain the battery faster.
- Switch off the mic to save space on your memory.
- Try to be creative and select different angles to shoot from not a single one.
- Do not face the sun with your camera unless at the golden hour which for your day and location specifically will be between 06:07 - 06:21 or 17:32 - 18:02
- If you are taking a photo try as much as you can to keep the sun behind you, this way you will have nicer lighting for your photos.
- Take spare batteries.

Enjoy everyone Liwa. Since I won't be able to attend this Liwa drive thought to help with some tips and tricks for photography and videography 😁
Petr
Intermediate
Intermediate

alshamsi_m wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:32 pm Dear Members

Good luck
Sounds exciting!

I will be landing from Saudi at 6 pm in Dubai, not sure when I get to the camp but will make sure nothing stops me!
panos

Bu Zayed wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:16 pm congrats to the ones who will make it for Liwa 😁 exciting.
Just some tips for the ones who will film the drive:
- Please please please do not let your camera roll for the entire drive. Pick the right moments to save your memory + battery as well as nothing boring than watching a long video of a drive from one angle. The view won't be able to see and feel what you see and feel so only you will know if the terrain you drive on is difficult or not but your camera might not.
- If you are using gopro, use 720p instead of 4k with 24 frame per second unless you want to edit late on to add slow motion then make it 60 FPS. The field of view should be Wide.
- Try as much as you can not to mount your camera out of your car for a longer time as the heat from the sun will drain the battery faster.
- Switch off the mic to save space on your memory.
- Try to be creative and select different angles to shoot from not a single one.
- Do not face the sun with your camera unless at the golden hour which for your day and location specifically will be between 06:07 - 06:21 or 17:32 - 18:02
- If you are taking a photo try as much as you can to keep the sun behind you, this way you will have nicer lighting for your photos.
- Take spare batteries.

Enjoy everyone Liwa. Since I won't be able to attend this Liwa drive thought to help with some tips and tricks for photography and videography 😁
Very useful info!!! Thank you!
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear Members

I will send the pm after 1 hour

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills