Filling Up at Petrol Stations

desert_jellyfish

Hi almosters

I would like to share with you guys (and girls) something that can help offroaders and non-offroaders alike! Some petrol stations in Dubai (not sure if other emirates as well) allow the cars that fill from the drivers side (such as JK and FJ) to fill up from the passenger side. Meaning...it is now not against the law to stand on "the wrong side"! Some petrol stations have longer pump hose to reach around the car to the driver side and fill up. This is done on purpose to reduce queues at petrol stations as it seems majority of cars in UAE have driver side fuel door.

So please, next time you enter a fuel station...look on the top of the fuel hose, if it makes one round before it goes down to the pump - then you can stand in line on the right and fill up on the left (the hose will be long enough to reach around the car). Also, please spread this message as I've realized not many people know this!

Last but not least...please fill gas safely! Switch off the engine, put out your cigarette, don't light dokha, don't move the car while fueling, etc...

Also please note that this is only applicable for Special (95 Octane) - so if you fill up Super (98 Octane) you cannot do this maneuver. However, if enough people who fill Special are aware of this - then there won't be a big line on the left side and you'll be able to fill petrol without waiting toooooo long.

Best,
Mohammad
Advance
Advance

[MENTION=2498]desert_jellyfish[/MENTION] You will find this service available only in ADNOC petrol station and not EMARAT OR ENOC (ex EPPCO). They still require service improvement!

PS. Even ADNOC with this facility you would notice a line up.. so best option is to avoid peak hours.
desert_jellyfish

[MENTION=8687]Mohammad[/MENTION] I have come across a few ENOC and EPPCO stations that have this available, in Jumeirah Beach Road and Meadows and Al Khail Road/Hessa St - maybe it's only in "new Dubai"?

But yesterday for example, I was at the Meadows fuel pump and the line was long - I went to the left side (which was empty) and filled. Got a few bad looks in the beginning but after I explained to them, all was ok :p