Air Compressors

cyanide

[quote=Abu Jimmy;38945]Dear cyanide , the club does not " want " , command or require a certain brand , shop or a place to buy your tools from . However certain specifications are required for those tools to be safe & efficient . to clear this out , here is some examples ,

- an air compressor with air flow rate less than 150 L/M will fail to fix a pop out .
- a trolley jack rated below 2 ton will fail to lift the vehicle safely .
- towing shackles rated less than 3.25 ton will break under pressure and may cause a disaster .And the list goes on for every tool we require.

The Marshals have spent tens of thousands over the years trying and experimenting hundreds of different tools ( branded & non-branded , cheap & extremely expensive , old & modern technologies ) and what we recommend is the pure result of this process .

If you are in the hunt for a branded reliable air compressor that matches the specs of the Dragon Mart Chinese A/C . your only choice will be the ARB twin piston which will cost you 2350 DH ( without fixing charges ) .

P.S. my personal Chinese A/C lasted for 3.5 years and I paid 270 DH. ( you do the math ) ....:confident:[/quote]
[MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION]
Dear I just want to have your opinion on the comment I made as it says "it's my point of view" , does it reflect any negativity from my side for you or the club .

What I feel in the forum every body can express their views because that's the spirit of having a forum. If only some favorable views or comments are appreciated, than it's not an open forum it's a closed form for like minded people.:057:

Regards
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=cyanide;43004]@Abu Jimmy
Dear I just want to have your opinion on the comment I made as it says "it's my point of view" , does it reflect any negativity from my side for you or the club .

What I feel in the forum every body can express their views because that's the spirit of having a forum. If only some favorable views or comments are appreciated, than it's not an open forum it's a closed form for like minded people.:057:

Regards[/quote]

[MENTION=6170]cyanide[/MENTION]

My comment had nothing to do with your personal point of view ( about branded or non branded air compressors ) . please re read my comment and check the part I quoted . It was about you giving an incorrect or mis-understood information about the club requirments which in that case has to be cleared for others .
What goes around , comes around .
dLemma
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi guys, quick question on the FJ Cruiser stock compressor. I have bought a 2015 FJ: is the on board compressor any good? Or shall I uninstall it and replace with the famous Camel from Dragon MART?
Thanks for letting me know.
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

I am using it for a while. Yes it takes more time to inflate the tires than the others in the market. However they have one nice advantage which is you just set up the pressure gauge and don't have to check it all the time until its done .You can chit chat with friends or do other stuff while its inflating. So I have the red one in my car too but I prefer to use the on board compressor so far.

[quote=dlemma;45829]Hi guys, quick question on the FJ Cruiser stock compressor. I have bought a 2015 FJ: is the on board compressor any good? Or shall I uninstall it and replace with the famous Camel from Dragon MART?
Thanks for letting me know.[/quote]
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=dlemma;45829]Hi guys, quick question on the FJ Cruiser stock compressor. I have bought a 2015 FJ: is the on board compressor any good? Or shall I uninstall it and replace with the famous Camel from Dragon MART?
Thanks for letting me know.[/quote]
Even though i don't have an fj i see other members inflate two tires at a time with the help of the on board compressor as well as an external compressor if i were you id keep it (Jus my two cents)
dLemma
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks for your reply. So, I guess two questions are left:
1) would the airflow be enough to handle a pop-out?
2) will the Marshals approve it as part of the mandatory equipment for newbie level?
Thanks
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=dlemma;45834]Thanks for your reply. So, I guess two questions are left:
1) would the airflow be enough to handle a pop-out?
2) will the Marshals approve it as part of the mandatory equipment for newbie level?
Thanks[/quote]

Unfortunately, the answer for both questions is NO.
The on board system you have is great for inflating tires after the trip ends so you better keep it for that purpose and buy a camel chinese one for pop outs and emergency .
What goes around , comes around .
dLemma
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks @AbuJimmy, will do.