Garmin Montana 650

khshareef
Club Member
Club Member

Gents,

I need some suggestion on Garmin Montana 650.

I have been using this unit since 1 year now with unlocked maps (not original) and it was fine with map source and I was happy man.

I have now upgraded the maps to Original one by making payment and downloaded from Garmin website including Garmin Bird eye subscription which was fine for 2 days and now made my nights miserable as spending long hours on this to understand.
Since 2 days whenever I switch on the gps there is an error as "Cant authenticate maps. Contact content seller for help". When u click ok, it is fine and we are able to navigate.
Secondly when I try to connect my gps with garmin base camp through through usb, I am getting the below errors.
"There was a problem communicating with Garmin Device"
and
"There are problem communicating with Montana 650 unit id.xxxxxxx"

I have also made a complaint in Garmin website and awaiting to hear from them too as their response time is min. 3 working days from query date.

In the mean time, If any of you has come across such errors pls guide me what has to be done to rectify this. thanks..
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

khshareef;32717 wrote:Gents,

I need some suggestion on Garmin Montana 650.

I have been using this unit since 1 year now with unlocked maps (not original) and it was fine with map source and I was happy man.

I have now upgraded the maps to Original one by making payment and downloaded from Garmin website including Garmin Bird eye subscription which was fine for 2 days and now made my nights miserable as spending long hours on this to understand.
Since 2 days whenever I switch on the gps there is an error as "Cant authenticate maps. Contact content seller for help". When u click ok, it is fine and we are able to navigate.
Secondly when I try to connect my gps with garmin base camp through through usb, I am getting the below errors.
"There was a problem communicating with Garmin Device"
and
"There are problem communicating with Montana 650 unit id.xxxxxxx"

I have also made a complaint in Garmin website and awaiting to hear from them too as their response time is min. 3 working days from query date.

In the mean time, If any of you has come across such errors pls guide me what has to be done to rectify this. thanks..
A bit searching would help you to solve your problem, you are not alone...

Read more here - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... amp-Tricks

With your second problem, try to plug USB cable in a different port are reinstall USB driver.
khshareef
Club Member
Club Member

Thanks. I have gone through the whole thread and did not find answer related to the queries above. Looks like none has come across this issue and let me wait for the answer from garmin customer service.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

khshareef;32729 wrote:Thanks. I have gone through the whole thread and did not find answer related to the queries above. Looks like none has come across this issue and let me wait for the answer from garmin customer service.
I had the same issue, at least your question 1. You did upgrade your Montana to Version 5.60 and this is your problem. You need to downgrade to Version 5.40, as described in my post #71 (http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... amp-Tricks) and your problem will be solved.
Adnan
Advance
Advance

Don't worry brother, and make it short cut and call the following guy which he is the regional Garmin maintenance engineer,Mr. Jalal 055 6162206 and he will give you the appropriate solution.
desert_hawk
Intermediate
Intermediate

any update on the solution? curious to know?
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

desert_hawk;33733 wrote:any update on the solution? curious to know?
The bug has been fixed with 5.7 ... So just go ahead and upgrade
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

desert_hawk;33733 wrote:any update on the solution? curious to know?
We have full thread dedicated to Montana here - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... amp-Tricks

and to BaseCamp here - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... are-Review
khshareef
Club Member
Club Member

Adnan;32757 wrote:Don't worry brother, and make it short cut and call the following guy which he is the regional Garmin maintenance engineer,Mr. Jalal 055 6162206 and he will give you the appropriate solution.
THANKS DEar Adnan for your support. Yesterday I met Mr. Jalal and he was helpful in fixing the bug. Now the base camp is working fine for me. Thanks once again.
bijubs

khshareef;33952 wrote:THANKS DEar Adnan for your support. Yesterday I met Mr. Jalal and he was helpful in fixing the bug. Now the base camp is working fine for me. Thanks once again.
Woww... above thread find quite interesting after get solved ... grate Almostersss, keep going the sprit