Garmin BaseCamp Software Review

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Garmin released version 4.0.4. for BaseCamp

Changes made from version 4.0.2 to 4.0.4:

• Fixed some issues with publishing adventures.
  • Fixed an issue with remembering the layout of the data and map panels.
  • Fixed an issue with remembering the positioning of the toolbars.
  • Fixed some layout issues in Windows XP.
  • Fixed ordering of photos during adventure playback.
  • Fixed various stability issues with route properties.
  • Fixed issues with the route and track join.
  • Fixed some device and adventure transfer issues.
  • Fixed issue with gdb and kml import.
  • Fixed issues with adventure playback.
  • Fixed an issue with exporting waypoints with dog icons.
  • Fixed an issue where orphaned route via point would remain on the map in certain cases.
  • Fixed an issue where geotagged photos were not being cleaned up after deletion.
  • Fixed an issue with the notes tab where links where not being stored properly.
  • Fixed various other stability issues.
  • Improved speed for displaying the properties of an adventure for the first time.
  • Improved transition when entering/leaving adventure playback mode.
Mosalf

Darshan;10647 wrote:Capri: I always enjoy your tips on GPS stuff. Earlier i never understood what you were talking about, but now i am upto speed and everything makes sense now.
So now we no longer have to use babel to convert tracks? This can be done easily on Basecamp? Good info, i guess i need to give basecamp a whirl.
Hi, this is still Greek to me. Guess I need to devote some time to it. Please advise where to start from. :)
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

Desert Fox;17341 wrote:Hi, this is still Greek to me. Guess I need to devote some time to it. Please advise where to start from. :)
I would suggest you start by watching the official Garmin training videos.. Here is a link: http://www8.garmin.com/learningcenter/t ... /basecamp/

You will get to know a lot about tracks and routes etc

You can also check relevant videos on Youtube..
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

I have read Caprihorse post about the basecamp and watch Desrt Lizard link about the same and it is very useful, thank you both. i got the software installed and i could find the track i drove on the Egg basket event compairing to the original track, funny the number of ZIGZAG i had to do to reach to destination :011:

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y42 ... /track.jpg
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sarookh;17466 wrote:I have read Caprihorse post about the basecamp and watch Desrt Lizard link about the same and it is very useful, thank you both. i got the software installed and i could find the track i drove on the Egg basket event compairing to the original track, funny the number of ZIGZAG i had to do to reach to destination :011:

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y42 ... /track.jpg
Hehe, if you would follow the purple line, you would be definitely faster :023: Maybe next time... However I would like to see you in Liwa at the next opportunity...
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

caprihorse;17469 wrote:Hehe, if you would follow the purple line, you would be definitely faster :023: Maybe next time... However I would like to see you in Liwa at the next opportunity...
You did not specify faster to WHERE Capri, so I will list the options: 1) ditch, 2)barb wire, 3)another ditch 4) high soft dune with ditch behind, 5) Al Falasi :011:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Garmin released version 4.0.5. for BaseCamp

Changes made from version 4.0.4 to 4.0.5:

• Fixed issue when changing list or folder selection with nearest results shown on the map.
  • Fixed issue when changing list or folder selection while in the process of drawing a route.
  • Fixed issue with find toolbar visibility not being remembered between application runs.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Garmin released version 4.7 for Montana

[h=4]Changes made from version 4.60 to 4.70:[/h]
  • Improved Ascent and Descent calculation.
  • Improved map performance in densely-populated urban areas.
  • Improved EXIF image direction data in camera photos (650 and 650t models).
  • Fixed potential issue with 'External Power Only' automatic mount detection option. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates ... tDetection) for more information.
  • Fixed issue where default vehicle names and default background image names were not being translated.
  • Fixed issue with trip odometer where distance between two tracks would be incorrectly added to the total distance.
  • Fixed potential issue where waypoint averaging would not create a correct waypoint gpx file.
  • Fixed issue with distorted battery icon when on landscape charging page and when charge reaches 100%
  • Fixed potential issue with numerical keyboard in landscape orientation
How to install:
  1. Open BaseCamp
  2. Connect Montana
  3. See in yellow bar at top system messages
  4. Find the message related to update and click it
  5. Download update to Montana
  6. Disconnect device
  7. Start disconnected device
  8. Verify the latest version (Setup > About)
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[h=2]Change History[/h] [h=4]Changes made from version 4.1.0 to 4.1.1:[/h]
  • Fixed an issue where BaseCamp was not responding if a certain GPI file (006D135900.GPI) was present on the device.
  • Fixed an issue where BaseCamp did not seem to recognize some MTP devices (it was taking several minutes for BaseCamp to display the device). Device detection of such devices should now be much faster.
  • Fixed an issue with Garmin cloud where syncing between Mac and PC would not work properly.
  • Fixed an issue with 'Restore from Previous Version'.
  • Fixed an issue where using the city finder (in the Find Options 'Location' textbox) would lead to a crash if the map did not support city searches.
  • Fixed an issue with city search on the Global Map.
  • Fixed an issue with user data search.
  • Fixed a start-up issue.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[h=4]Changes made from version 4.1.1 to 4.1.2:[/h]
  • Fixed an issue with Basestation mode.
  • Fixed an issue where BaseCamp would not remember the positioning of the toolbars correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where the Custom POI symbols from POI files where incorrect.
  • Fixed an issue with the address search.
  • Fixed an issue where refreshing a search was using the last location on the map, not the current one.
  • Fixed an issue where Cutting (Ctrl-X) a photo on a device would delete the photo and prevent the user from pasting it.
  • Fixed an issue with some Asian language map products.
  • Fixed an issue with deleting track points.
  • Fixed an issue with route creation in a folder.
  • Fixed an issue where the hand tool was not always set as the default tool.
  • Fixed some menu inconsistencies between find results, context menus, and map popup menus.