Cherry on the cake (cycling)

Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=alshamsi_m;44487]@Booy .... I think it is flat and they make breaks .... or we will make breaks ... you & I :thumbsup:[/quote]
[MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] ...Thank you for the encouragement.... In that case I am in :045:
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Booy;44486]:thumbsup: 49km might just be asking too much of my unfit body. Any idea what the gradient is like - if pretty flat, then I might join and push this body into action.[/quote]

I rode this track with my unfit body one week after my bicycle purchase, I ended it almost fit :005: with an average slow speed, pain in the gluteal muscles, a 10min walk and riding in heavy fog during 10km. It was fun and unforgettable experience. Now, I see that you have a source of encouragement, I can promise you that you will finish it.
The track is not all the way flat but the up and downhills are spread over long distances and are somehow easy, there is only one demanding uphill where you downshift your gear to do it but then you quickly get rewarded with a very long down slope where you can reach high speed and this is the best part of the track, all you have to do is to control your bicycle. Let's do it and I will assist you guys.
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=momo;44490]I rode this track with my unfit body one week after my bicycle purchase, I ended it almost fit :005: with an average slow speed, pain in the gluteal muscles, a 10min walk and riding in heavy fog during 10km. It was fun and unforgettable experience. Now, I see that you have a source of encouragement, I can promise you that you will finish it.
The track is not all the way flat but the up and downhills are spread over long distances and are somehow easy, there is only one demanding uphill where you downshift your gear to do it but then you quickly get rewarded with a very long down slope where you can reach high speed and this is the best part of the track, all you have to do is to control your bicycle. Let's do it and I will assist you guys.[/quote]
[MENTION=8718]momo[/MENTION] :thumbsup: Thank you for that info. I ride a full suspension mountain bike, so uphills and me don't like each other. Looking forward to join, and see if I can finish :slow:
@Booy

momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Booy;44492]@momo :thumbsup: Thank you for that info. I ride a full suspension mountain bike, so uphills and me don't like each other. Looking forward to join, and see if I can finish :slow:[/quote] No worries, last time one or two members had full suspension and we couldn't catch them :045:
Mohammad
Advance
Advance

[quote=Soorena;44469]Counting Seconds for this.

Just a small hint: eat well 2 hours before the ride, or have a snack at least 30 minutes before ride. A good meal for cycling is one with plenty of Carbohydrate, which will be transformed easily to Glycogen to keep your muscles fueled.

So, fresh Pasta or even a HEALTHY Pizza can be a good choice of LATE LUNCH for Monday! Or if you have a lunch ON-TIME, then a Mango smoothie, or a Chicken Toast can be the choice![/quote]
[MENTION=8647]Soorena[/MENTION] Seriously, Carbs! I think I stopped carbs for a month now.. And I wonder where you can find the healthy Pizza, pls let us know and don't tell me home made.
[MENTION=1946]Mazaaj[/MENTION] Relating it to healthy food.. I visited RAK last Friday and went to the Halwa guy and asked him about healthy Halwa without sugar (Off Course Soltani dark) - He looked at me with one eye and told me to go to Dubai!! Not sure what that mean but it seems there is diet Halwa in Dubai :killzonesmiley:
elena

49 km is a very nice and challenging track! you should have good lights also to be comfortable while riding.. at some points there are slopes up, but what a reward after you have climbed to have a free ride down the hill)) So enjy it!
Unfortunatelly I am really packed with my work tomorrow (that is true, i am not sneaking away:ORLY:), next week will catch you up!

cheers,
elena
elena

another reward would be 1000 kcal burned!!! good luck! :evilish:
Soorena

Too larkte for today, but N_k_d used to have healthy-like pizzza with brown bread & toppings could be chosen by you.
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

First of all thank you all participant for making it. You were fantastic and I am impressed.
[MENTION=10413]Booy[/MENTION] arrived first straight from Ras Al Khaima, hat off man. I arrived next by bicycle (parked my car 10km behind at the mosque). Then one by one reached and [MENTION=8647]Soorena[/MENTION] arrived the last, of course he was fully loaded with pistachios and very kind of him he placed them in bags, one for each of us. We gathered at the meeting point with an excitement and sparkly eyes. [MENTION=8647]Soorena[/MENTION] had to unload his bicycle but time was running, so after notifying him we decided to start without him (sorry Buddy) But, as riding solo is usually faster than in a group so he could catch-up, so we did it this way.
The ride was long and adventurous, but having [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] among us and [MENTION=10413]Booy[/MENTION] for the first time, made this ride unique. At a point [MENTION=10413]Booy[/MENTION] and me were riding side by side at the front and we could hear loud laughs at the back, and it was so contagious that we start laughing.
When riding deep in the desert we switched off our lights and the moon light was so intense that we rode with our shadows and had amazing view of the limitless track. Reaching two steep climbs followed by a nice down slopes at which I recorded a speed of 38Km/h added to the ride a bit of spices.
The last stretch was along the road passing through Bab Al Shams Resort. Our speed there, was very slow, below 15km/h. That was so far the hardest part, but we did stop at the mosque which is 10km ahead from the end point, we refilled water and we sat, without hesitation we ate some pistachios. Then riding riding riding, reached with [MENTION=10413]Booy[/MENTION] [MENTION=8632]Sambhu[/MENTION] first to the end point. I went back to check after [MENTION=8647]Soorena[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION], when I reached them, I felt I missed a nice chit-chat and a JBR style ride :005: . At a point, three of us started to see the end point shops lights where [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] refused to look at it, telling us about this story:

[video=youtube;coGBgkjGQ9g][/video]

After we reached the end point, everyone took his own way and I rode 10km back to my car where all baby Ghazals and one big Maha were drinking water at the trees water supply and they were running away as I move forward it was spectacular!

Thank you all and till the next ride, keep the wheels spinning :thumbsup:
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you [MENTION=8718]momo[/MENTION] for this ride. I really enjoyed it so much, with great company to make the ride much easier. I felt my legs today - very stiff! Looking forward to the next one!
@Booy