Scuba Diver Badge

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fat Rabbit;25705 wrote::011: :011: :011: ... if you pay in advance :011: :011: :011:

Hahaha, okay so I get the point. I guessed as much, but just wanted to satisfy myself by asking the question. Ithink I will stick to desert driving and snorkelling for now...

The two photos below are from my Phuket (Thailand) snorkelling trip taken with an underwater camera.
Hehe, here is my pic, to convince you that swimming is needed. Pic is made from boat :011:

Fat Rabbit

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.....

Okay so snorkelling of off my list too then...

Just desert driving with the group...
Where the road ends, the enjoyment begins..
With Natalie, a 2-door beige Nissan Patrol Safari
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fat Rabbit;25707 wrote:Hahahahahahahahahahaha.....

Okay so snorkelling of off my list too then...

Just desert driving with the group...
No, snorkeling is amazing and swimming is a must :048:
Mubz

I was about to go for the certificate but after reading this thread I am considering my options.

Usually I am not afraid if I hear / read Killed once or twice in a thread, but in this thread almost every 2nd thread says you will get killed. :035:

Please guys I need some positives of scuba diving :)
BettyPo
Advance
Advance

Well, there are some sharks here and there but not all of them are aggresive and it is the same when off roading in the desert, Respect The Nature.
I would probably not go diving in Australia i.e. after all killings we heard. Diving is most certainly one of the most dangerous sports but if you follow all important rules, you guys should be fine. If you get killed, it is most probably your own fault!!!
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

BettyPo;25717 wrote:If you get killed, it is most probably your own fault!!!
Anyway to think about your family savings, do not pay in advance, as diving rates are going over 100 bucks per dive... :022:
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear Members

I have been diving since 1994 with ZERO incidents . As Bettypo said " If you respect the nature nothing will happen " Animals never attack unless you attack or provoke them FIRST .

When we go offroading we say " people in the city don't know what they are missing ".
When we go Scuba Diving we say " people out there misssed half of their life "

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
muhtar

About being killed:
I have never seen anybody attacked by shark, nor heard such an incident. But I slightly know one guy (2 star CMAS trainer, with more than 600 dives) who died: he dived into 80 mtrs, and he did not follow the diving plan. This is the only incident I know since 2000 in my country.

So, do not worry about nature. It may happen, as you could be killed by a snake on desert, a scorpion can poison you in your flat. What I can promise you, if you follow the rules properly, diving is as safe as riding a bycle in Safa Park...

@Betty: I am not a certified trainer, sorry for misunderstanding. I used to help a friend (2star CMAS trainer, and not the one I mentioned above) back in my country. I dived only for a cpl of times in last 3 years now thanks to my lovely job and cute monsters at home. I would love to get back to that amazing, that is why I am visiting this topic but no action yet. :)

I have been in Hurfakhan last month and seen a club there, they are selling 2xdive trip for 350AED, which seems more reasonable than Dxb. I will give it a try when I have time.
BettyPo
Advance
Advance

muhtar;25729 wrote:About being killed:
I have never seen anybody attacked by shark, nor heard such an incident. But I slightly know one guy (2 star CMAS trainer, with more than 600 dives) who died: he dived into 80 mtrs, and he did not follow the diving plan. This is the only incident I know since 2000 in my country.

So, do not worry about nature. It may happen, as you could be killed by a snake on desert, a scorpion can poison you in your flat. What I can promise you, if you follow the rules properly, diving is as safe as riding a bycle in Safa Park...

@Betty: I am not a certified trainer, sorry for misunderstanding. I used to help a friend (2star CMAS trainer, and not the one I mentioned above) back in my country. I dived only for a cpl of times in last 3 years now thanks to my lovely job and cute monsters at home. I would love to get back to that amazing, that is why I am visiting this topic but no action yet. :)

I have been in Hurfakhan last month and seen a club there, they are selling 2xdive trip for 350AED, which seems more reasonable than Dxb. I will give it a try when I have time.
About being killed: That's what I meant! Follow rules and pay attention during the training and beyond.

My last dive was in October and I really have to get down there as you shuld dive at least once in 6 months to avoid joining a refresher. A certified colleague of mine organises dives, however with equipment needed it's AED 450.00 and if you have your own AED 350.00. If any of you interested, let me know! Planing for next Sat 18th most prolli.